Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting unique storage structure in ksh Post 302353652 by cesarNZ on Tuesday 15th of September 2009 10:05:54 PM
Old 09-15-2009
unique storage structure in ksh

hi all,
is there a storage structure in ksh which only allows unique values i.e overwrites duplicates values ??

am using an array to hold server names from a 'find' command but some of the names are repeated. Is there an easy way to remove the duplicates ??

ta.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a Directory Structure to a new structure

Hi all Is it possible to copy a structure of a directory only. e.g. I have a file with the following entries that is a result of a find :- /dir1/dir2/file.dbf /dir1/dir2/dir3/file1.dbf /dir1/file.dbf I want to copy these to a directory and keep the structure however starting at a new dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
8 Replies

2. Programming

Search attributes in one structure using the values from another structure

Hello Groups I am trying to find out ways of comparing a value from a 'c' structure to a value in another 'C' structure. the 'C' structure can be a List or liked list as it contains lot many records. if we loop it in both the structures it is going to consume time. I am looking for a simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh scripting: Extract 1 most recent record for unique key

I'm loading multiple delimited files into an Oracle DB using sqlldr on Unix. I would like to get only the most recent record per each unique key. There may be multiple updates for each key, but I only want the most recent one. There is a date column in my delimited files, so I'm using cat to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OPTIMUS_prime
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh case structure

Hello Experts, I ve been trying to build another shell where I am using the following code. transact="tv5cpc1" case "$transact" in "...cp..") xActType="" ;; "...de..") xActType="sp_dep" ;; "...ep..") xActType="sp_epa" ;; "....v.") ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkansal
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Data Structure - Non unique values

I have the perl data structure and what i need to do is find all values in @{$extractColumns{'2'}{'D'}} which are not there in @{$extractColumns{'2'}{'M'}} but seems like i need to put a flag somewhere and i messed up foreach my $order (keys %extractColumns) { foreach my $value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating array with non-duplicate / unique elements in ksh

Hi all, I have created 3 arrays which can have common elements in each like- arr_a contains str1 str2 str3 str4 str5 arr_b contains str3 str6 str7 str1 str8 arr_c contains str4 str9 str10 str2 each array is created with "set -A arr_name values" command. I want to create a resultant array-say... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
1 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)