Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Averaging segments
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Averaging segments Post 302353493 by kylle345 on Tuesday 15th of September 2009 12:23:54 PM
Old 09-15-2009
yeah for some reason that does not work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Shared Memory segments

Hello.... AIX has a limit of 11 shared memory segments per process, does any one know how many HP have?? If so how do I find that out?? Thanks in advance...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX Trying to Understand Shared Memory Segments

I am fairly new to HP-UX and trying to get a better understanding of the operating system. While poking around a bit I find myself questioning whether I should be concerned about Shared Memory segments with missing CPID and LPID? For example: ipcs -mp IPC status from /dev/kmem as of Mon Mar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
2 Replies

3. Programming

Write into shared memory segments

I have created a shared memory segment (which size is 64 bytes) using shmget, shmat e.t.c and i want to divide it into 2 areas. One area for input data and one area for output? How can i do that? Furthermore, When i have to write my input data into the shared memory segment i want to write... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mae4
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare EDI files by skipping selected Segments

Hi, I wanted to compare EDI files present in Two different Directories which can be related by the file names. While comparing the EDI files i have to skip selected segments such as "ISA" "IEA" and "GS" "GE" since this may have datetime stamp and different "Sender" "Receiver" Qual. and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivas
3 Replies

5. Programming

C programming - Memory Segments

Can someone tell me how many bytes are allocated for C segments(text,data,heap,stack). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandumishra
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Averaging

Hello all, I'm trying to perform an averaging procedure which selects a selection of rows, average the corresponding value, selects the next set of rows and average the corresponding values etc. The data below illustrates what I want to do. Given two columns (day and value), I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Rahiz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Averaging segments and including the name

Hello, I have a awk line that averages rows. So if my file looks like this: Jack 1 1 1 1 1 1 Joe 1 1 1 1 1 1 Jerry 0 0 0 0 0 0 John 1 1 1 0 0 0 The awk line below skips column 1 and then averaged the rows awk -F'\t' -v r=3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

8. SuSE

TCP segments retransmission

Hi all, I got an application that is running on SUSE Linux. I would like to get some data about the number of TCP segments retransmission on a particular interface. Is there any way I can get that? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep start and end line of each segments in a file

Cat file1 -------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE1 insert------- update----- ------------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE2 insert------- update----- ----------- ------------ SCHEMA.TABLE3 insert------- update----- ------------ grep -n SCHEMA > header_file2.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting segments

I have queue.txt with the following contents: Queue on node ... description : type : local max message len : 104857600 max queue depth : 5000 queue depth max event : enabled persistent msgs : yes backout... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
5 Replies
XSYSINFO(1x)							 Debian GNU/Linux						      XSYSINFO(1x)

NAME
xsysinfo - Display Linux kernel parameters in graphical form SYNOPSIS
xsysinfo [-help] [-update n] [-[no]title] [-[no]labels] [-[no]loadavg] [-[no]load] [-[no]mem] [-[no]swap] [-[no]smp] DESCRIPTION
Xsysinfo is an X application to display some Linux kernel parameters in graphical form. It is like a mix of top, free and xload with the difference that the values are shown in form of a horizontal bar. The displayed values are: CPU load average, CPU load, memory and swap sizes (details see below). OPTIONS
-update n Set update rate to n milli-seconds -title Show title string -notitle Don't show title string -labels Show gauge labels -nolabels Don't show gauge labels -loadavg Show CPU load average value -noloadavg Don't show CPU load average value -load Show CPU load value -noload Don't show CPU load value -smp Show separate SMP loads -nosmp Don't show separate SMP loads. -mem Show memory info -nomem Don't show memory info -swap Show swap info -noswap Don't show swap info -help Display options DISPLAY
Xsysinfo display the following values: CPU load average CPU load average between 0.000-8.000. The gauge's bar is subdivided into segments, where one segment represents a load value of 1.0. The bar's full length is automatically scaled, depending on the displayed value. CPU load percentage CPU load time to CPU idle time subdivided in three segments: user load, system load and nice load. On an SMP system the -smp option replaces the single total load meter with a separate meter for each processor. Memory The memory gauge's bar is subdivided into two segments with the amount of physical memory, which is used by processes on the left and physical memory used for the page and buffer cache on the right. The length of the whole bar, which is the sum of these two val- ues, shows the amount of physical memory currently used by the system. Swap The percentage of swap space used by the system to total amount of swap space. AUTHORS
Xsyinfo is written by Gabor Herr <herr@iti.informatik.th-darmstadt.de> and currently maintained by Ronald Wahl <ronald.wahl@informatik.tu- chemnitz.de>. This manual page was created by Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.de> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Debian Project December 2005 XSYSINFO(1x)