Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Averaging segments
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Averaging segments Post 302353479 by kylle345 on Tuesday 15th of September 2009 12:05:12 PM
Old 09-15-2009
Hi

Hey yeah that works and I had somethign similar but the file is rows are very long (like almost 1000 characters). So I was wondering if there was a faster way of doing it (rather than typing $1, $2 etc.)

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Shared Memory segments

Hello.... AIX has a limit of 11 shared memory segments per process, does any one know how many HP have?? If so how do I find that out?? Thanks in advance...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX Trying to Understand Shared Memory Segments

I am fairly new to HP-UX and trying to get a better understanding of the operating system. While poking around a bit I find myself questioning whether I should be concerned about Shared Memory segments with missing CPID and LPID? For example: ipcs -mp IPC status from /dev/kmem as of Mon Mar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
2 Replies

3. Programming

Write into shared memory segments

I have created a shared memory segment (which size is 64 bytes) using shmget, shmat e.t.c and i want to divide it into 2 areas. One area for input data and one area for output? How can i do that? Furthermore, When i have to write my input data into the shared memory segment i want to write... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mae4
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare EDI files by skipping selected Segments

Hi, I wanted to compare EDI files present in Two different Directories which can be related by the file names. While comparing the EDI files i have to skip selected segments such as "ISA" "IEA" and "GS" "GE" since this may have datetime stamp and different "Sender" "Receiver" Qual. and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivas
3 Replies

5. Programming

C programming - Memory Segments

Can someone tell me how many bytes are allocated for C segments(text,data,heap,stack). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandumishra
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Averaging

Hello all, I'm trying to perform an averaging procedure which selects a selection of rows, average the corresponding value, selects the next set of rows and average the corresponding values etc. The data below illustrates what I want to do. Given two columns (day and value), I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Rahiz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Averaging segments and including the name

Hello, I have a awk line that averages rows. So if my file looks like this: Jack 1 1 1 1 1 1 Joe 1 1 1 1 1 1 Jerry 0 0 0 0 0 0 John 1 1 1 0 0 0 The awk line below skips column 1 and then averaged the rows awk -F'\t' -v r=3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

8. SuSE

TCP segments retransmission

Hi all, I got an application that is running on SUSE Linux. I would like to get some data about the number of TCP segments retransmission on a particular interface. Is there any way I can get that? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep start and end line of each segments in a file

Cat file1 -------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE1 insert------- update----- ------------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE2 insert------- update----- ----------- ------------ SCHEMA.TABLE3 insert------- update----- ------------ grep -n SCHEMA > header_file2.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting segments

I have queue.txt with the following contents: Queue on node ... description : type : local max message len : 104857600 max queue depth : 5000 queue depth max event : enabled persistent msgs : yes backout... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
5 Replies
pnmscalefixed(1)					      General Commands Manual						  pnmscalefixed(1)

NAME
pnmscalefixed - scale a portable anymap quickly, but less accurate DESCRIPTION
pnmscalefixed is the same thing as pnmscale except that it uses fixed point arithmetic internally instead of floating point, which makes it run faster. In turn, it is less accurate and may distort the image. Use the pnmscale man page with pnmscalefixed. This man page only describes the difference. pnmscalefixed uses fixed point 12 bit arithmetic. By contrast, pnmscale uses floating point arithmetic which on most machines is probably 24 bit precision. This makes pnmscalefixed run faster (30% faster in one experiment), but the imprecision can cause distortions at the right and bottom edges. The distortion takes the following form: One pixel from the edge of the input is rendered larger in the output than the scaling factor requires. Consequently, the rest of the image is smaller than the scaling factor requires, because the overall dimensions of the image are always as requested. This distortion will usually be very hard to see. pnmscalefixed with the -verbose option tells you how much distortion there is. The amount of distortion depends on the size of the input image and how close the scaling factor is to an integral 1/4096th. If the scaling factor is an exact multiple of 1/4096, there is no distortion. So, for example doubling or halving an image causes no dis- tortion. But reducing it or enlarging it by a third would cause some distortion. To consider an extreme case, scaling a 100,000 row image down to 50,022 rows would create an output image with all of the input squeezed into the top 50,000 rows, and the last row of the input copied into the bottom 22 rows of output. pnmscalefixed could probably be modified to use 16 bit or better arithmetic without losing anything. The modification would consist of a single constant in the source code. Until there is a demonstrated need for that, though, the Netpbm maintainer wants to keep the safety cushion afforded by the original 12 bit precision. pnmscalefixed does not have pnmscale 's -nomix option. 18 November 2000 pnmscalefixed(1)