Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting changing from command line to perl script Post 302353478 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 15th of September 2009 12:03:58 PM
Old 09-15-2009
one way:
Assuming you want to keep perl just embed the command in a script:
Code:
perl_it()
{
    perl -lne 'chomp; while(/ 2000001( |$)/g){$i++};
      > if ($i<=3) {s/ 2000001( |$)/$1/g; printf("%d ",0)} print; $i=0' $1
}

for fname in  /path/to/files/*
do
      perl_it $fname > tmp
      mv tmp $fname
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script - changing passwords

Just wanted options of this - first 'real' Perl script and I'm not positive of all the quirks in Perl. Any suggestions are welcome. Especially since I'm messing with /etc/shadow! Running Solaris 2.6, Perl 5.005.03 #!/u/bin/perl # # Change the user's old password to the new in /etc/shadow ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehoghunter
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to search a line and copy it to another line

Hi I have a log file (say log.txt). I have to search for a line which has the string ( say ERROR) in the log file and copy 15 lines after this into another file (say error.txt). Can someone give me the code and this has to be in PERL Thanks in advance Ammu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script command line option driven script

could someone show me a sample command line option driven script? i want to see an easy way to write one and how i can execute it using command line options such as typing in read.pl -i <id> -c <cmds> -s <start> -e <end> would read out all the commands run by ID . from start time to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl/unix: script in command line works but not in perl

so in unix this command works works and shows me a list of directories find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt but when i try running a perl script to run this command my $query = 'find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script, with command-line options

Hello everyone, I have a perl script which takes various command line options from user like : test.pl -i <input_file> -o <output_file> -d <value> -c <value> Now I have multiple input files in a directory: <input_file_1> <input_file_2> <input_file_3> <input_file_4> ..... .... ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script - command line parameter

i am a beginner, i want to make a program that takes any command line arguments... and print it out in reverse. ie. if the command line argument is "thanks for helping me" i want it to output "me helping for thanks" :D i have tried using the reverse command, but i cant get it working!! ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshell_1214
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl :Changing script to only find the group

Hi scripting guru's I found this script on IBM's website and it seems to be really good only thing it gives off more info than i need. I was wondering if someone could help me modify it to only find a group instead of every user. (group is support) I believe i know how to add the line so it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate small line with next line perl script

Hello to all, I'm new to perl, I have input file that contains the string below: 315350535ff450000014534130101ff4500ff45453779ff450ff45545f01ff45ff453245341ff4500000545000This string has as line separator "ff45". So, I want to print each line but the code below is not working. perl -pe '... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line?

I am looking for help in processing of those options: '-n' or '-p' I understand what they do and how to use them. But, I would like to use them with more than one file (and without any shell-loop; loading the 'perl' once.) I did try it and -n works on 2 files. Question is: - is it possible to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)