Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris fssnap error :snapshot error: File system could not be write locked Post 302353412 by aggadtech08 on Tuesday 15th of September 2009 10:12:35 AM
Old 09-15-2009
Thanks Illiagre

But How i can disable xntp.?

I am killing the xbtp process and this begin inmediatly taking other process ID?

Thanks in Advance

UNIX ADMIN

---------- Post updated at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:17 AM ----------

root@e6900i # svcs -a |grep ntp
online 9:09:50 svc:/network/ntp:default
root@e6900i # svcadm disable svc:/network/ntp:default
root@e6900i # ps -fea | grep ntp

Thanks
AGADEA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar: write error unexpected end of file

Hi, I have attempted to backup some database files on my company's Solaris machine about 3 times now. Each time that I attempt the backup, about 6 files are evident on the dat tape when I do read of the media and then I see the dreaded "tar: write error unexpected EOF" message. Each time that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robyn
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error : "No data written to object that was write locked"

Hi All, I was able to solve my previous problem (link directory)... but now i have this following problem. I have mounted a disk from other machine using "mount -F nfs" command. When i run a batch which generates some files in that drive.... after a certain number of files i get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nileshkarania
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error: Internal system error: Unable to initialize standard output file

Hey guys, need some help. Running AIX Version 5.2 and one of our cron jobs is writing errors to a log file. Any ideas on the following error message. Error: Internal system error: Unable to initialize standard output file I'm guessing more info might be needed, so let me know. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firkus
2 Replies

4. AIX

error : pg: 0652-122 Cannot write to the temporary file

Hi All, I'm getting this error when I use "pg". /tmp is not full and the permission is correct. root@axappk01::/home> hostname|pg pg: 0652-122 Cannot write to the temporary file. Please advise. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fara_aris
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Getting error as Database locked while running a script

While i am trying to run a script in which it calls an executable(binary code)processes a file using the data in database. But while running the script the following error is occured. "permission to access this database was denied <err-0025-0191>re /ds1/nrms_r.db9 while looking up... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
0 Replies

6. Solaris

fssnap ioctl error

For some reason when I try to take a snapshot of the root slice on a particular machine I get an ioctl 22 error. I can't seem to find much on the problem by searching the internet other than some realtime processes such as ntp that use mlock can cause this to happen. I tried running it with truss... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
2 Replies

7. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

8. SCO

Error: msgcnt 1 vxfs: mesg 016: vx_ilisterr - / file system error reading

Hello... i got an error in my SCO OpenServer 6. the error is: msgcnt 1 vxfs: mesg 016: vx_ilisterr - / file system error reading inode 373 Can anyone help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AndryMB
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write whatever error in log file

Hi all, I have export LOG_FILE=$HOME_DIR/error.log sqlplus -s /nolog << EOF whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode @$HOME_DIR/connect.sql whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode @$SQL_FILE EOF can display the sql error in putty, how can I write them into log file ?:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hscript
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error of Snapshot origin volumes can be resized only while inactive

Hello, I am trying to increase lvsize however it gives below error what's the way that I can increase this size? # lvextend -L +20G /dev/VGExaDb/volsnap Snapshot origin volumes can be resized only while inactive: try lvchange -an Best regards, Vishal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_db
1 Replies
ntp-wait(1)							   User Commands						       ntp-wait(1)

NAME
ntp-wait - Wait for ntpd to stabilize the system clock SYNOPSIS
ntp-wait [-flags] [-flag [value]] [--option-name[[=| ]value]] All arguments must be options. DESCRIPTION
ntp-wait will send at most num-tries queries to ntpd(8), sleeping for secs-between-tries after each status return that says ntpd(8) has not yet produced a synchronized and stable system clock. ntp-wait will do this quietly, unless the -v flag is provided. This can be useful at boot time, to delay the boot sequence until after ntpd -g has set the time. OPTIONS
-n number, --tries=number Number of times to check ntpd. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The default number for this option is: 100 The maximum number of times we will check ntpd to see if it has been able to synchronize and stabilize the system clock. -s secs-between-tries, --sleep=secs-between-tries How long to sleep between tries. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The default secs-between-tries for this option is: 6 We will sleep for secs-between-tries after each query of ntpd that returns "the time is not yet stable". -v, --verbose Be verbose. By default, ntp-wait is silent. With this option, ntp-wait will provide status information. -?, --help Display usage information and exit. -!, --more-help Pass the extended usage information through a pager. -v [{v|c|n --version [{v|c|n}]}] Output version of program and exit. The default mode is `v', a simple version. The `c' mode will print copyright information and `n' will print the full copyright notice. EXIT STATUS
One of the following exit values will be returned: 0 (EXIT_SUCCESS) Successful program execution. 1 (EXIT_FAILURE) The operation failed or the command syntax was not valid. 70 (EX_SOFTWARE) libopts had an internal operational error. Please report it to autogen-users@lists.sourceforge.net. Thank you. AUTHORS
Harlan Stenn NOTES
This document corresponds to version 4.2.8p13 of NTP. This manual page was AutoGen-erated from the ntp-wait option definitions. ntp (4.2.8p13) 20 Feb 2019 ntp-wait(1)