Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris fssnap error :snapshot error: File system could not be write locked Post 302353412 by aggadtech08 on Tuesday 15th of September 2009 10:12:35 AM
Old 09-15-2009
Thanks Illiagre

But How i can disable xntp.?

I am killing the xbtp process and this begin inmediatly taking other process ID?

Thanks in Advance

UNIX ADMIN

---------- Post updated at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:17 AM ----------

root@e6900i # svcs -a |grep ntp
online 9:09:50 svc:/network/ntp:default
root@e6900i # svcadm disable svc:/network/ntp:default
root@e6900i # ps -fea | grep ntp

Thanks
AGADEA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar: write error unexpected end of file

Hi, I have attempted to backup some database files on my company's Solaris machine about 3 times now. Each time that I attempt the backup, about 6 files are evident on the dat tape when I do read of the media and then I see the dreaded "tar: write error unexpected EOF" message. Each time that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robyn
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error : "No data written to object that was write locked"

Hi All, I was able to solve my previous problem (link directory)... but now i have this following problem. I have mounted a disk from other machine using "mount -F nfs" command. When i run a batch which generates some files in that drive.... after a certain number of files i get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nileshkarania
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error: Internal system error: Unable to initialize standard output file

Hey guys, need some help. Running AIX Version 5.2 and one of our cron jobs is writing errors to a log file. Any ideas on the following error message. Error: Internal system error: Unable to initialize standard output file I'm guessing more info might be needed, so let me know. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firkus
2 Replies

4. AIX

error : pg: 0652-122 Cannot write to the temporary file

Hi All, I'm getting this error when I use "pg". /tmp is not full and the permission is correct. root@axappk01::/home> hostname|pg pg: 0652-122 Cannot write to the temporary file. Please advise. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fara_aris
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Getting error as Database locked while running a script

While i am trying to run a script in which it calls an executable(binary code)processes a file using the data in database. But while running the script the following error is occured. "permission to access this database was denied <err-0025-0191>re /ds1/nrms_r.db9 while looking up... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
0 Replies

6. Solaris

fssnap ioctl error

For some reason when I try to take a snapshot of the root slice on a particular machine I get an ioctl 22 error. I can't seem to find much on the problem by searching the internet other than some realtime processes such as ntp that use mlock can cause this to happen. I tried running it with truss... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
2 Replies

7. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

8. SCO

Error: msgcnt 1 vxfs: mesg 016: vx_ilisterr - / file system error reading

Hello... i got an error in my SCO OpenServer 6. the error is: msgcnt 1 vxfs: mesg 016: vx_ilisterr - / file system error reading inode 373 Can anyone help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AndryMB
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write whatever error in log file

Hi all, I have export LOG_FILE=$HOME_DIR/error.log sqlplus -s /nolog << EOF whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode @$HOME_DIR/connect.sql whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode @$SQL_FILE EOF can display the sql error in putty, how can I write them into log file ?:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hscript
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error of Snapshot origin volumes can be resized only while inactive

Hello, I am trying to increase lvsize however it gives below error what's the way that I can increase this size? # lvextend -L +20G /dev/VGExaDb/volsnap Snapshot origin volumes can be resized only while inactive: try lvchange -an Best regards, Vishal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_db
1 Replies
fssnap(1M)						  System Administration Commands						fssnap(1M)

NAME
fssnap - create temporary snapshots of a file system SYNOPSIS
fssnap [-F FSType] [-V] -o special_options /mount/point fssnap -d [-F FSType] [-V] /mount/point | dev fssnap -i [-F FSType] [-V] [-o special_options] [/mount/point | dev] DESCRIPTION
The fssnap command creates a stable, read-only snapshot of a file system when given either an active mount point or a special device con- taining a mounted file system, as in the first form of the synopsis. A snapshot is a temporary image of a file system intended for backup operations. While the snapshot file system is stable and consistent, an application updating files when the snapshot is created might leave these files in an internally inconsistent, truncated, or otherwise unusable state. In such a case, the snapshot will contain these partially written or corrupted files. It is a good idea to ensure active applications are suspended or checkpointed and their associated files are also consis- tent during snapshot creation. File access times are not updated while the snapshot is being created. A path to the virtual device that contains this snapshot is printed to standard output when a snapshot is created. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Deletes the snapshot associated with the given file system. -F FSType Specifies the file system type to be used. The FSType should either be specified here or be determined by matching the block special device with an entry in the /etc/vfstab table, or by consulting /etc/default/fs. -i Displays the state of any given FSType snapshot. If a mount-point or device is not given, a list of all snapshots on the system is displayed. When a mount-point or device is specified, detailed information is provided for the specified file system snapshot by default. The format and meaning of this information is file-system dependent. See the FSType-specific fssnap man page for details. -o special_options See the FSType-specific man page for fssnap. -V Echoes the complete command line, but does not execute the command. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: /mount/point The directory where the file system resides. EXAMPLES
See FSType-specific man pages for examples. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/vfstab Specifies file system type. /etc/default/fs Specifies the default local file system type. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fssnap_ufs(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
This command might not be supported for all FSTypes. SunOS 5.10 11 Aug 2004 fssnap(1M)