Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris fssnap error :snapshot error: File system could not be write locked Post 302353412 by aggadtech08 on Tuesday 15th of September 2009 10:12:35 AM
Old 09-15-2009
Thanks Illiagre

But How i can disable xntp.?

I am killing the xbtp process and this begin inmediatly taking other process ID?

Thanks in Advance

UNIX ADMIN

---------- Post updated at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:17 AM ----------

root@e6900i # svcs -a |grep ntp
online 9:09:50 svc:/network/ntp:default
root@e6900i # svcadm disable svc:/network/ntp:default
root@e6900i # ps -fea | grep ntp

Thanks
AGADEA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar: write error unexpected end of file

Hi, I have attempted to backup some database files on my company's Solaris machine about 3 times now. Each time that I attempt the backup, about 6 files are evident on the dat tape when I do read of the media and then I see the dreaded "tar: write error unexpected EOF" message. Each time that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robyn
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error : "No data written to object that was write locked"

Hi All, I was able to solve my previous problem (link directory)... but now i have this following problem. I have mounted a disk from other machine using "mount -F nfs" command. When i run a batch which generates some files in that drive.... after a certain number of files i get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nileshkarania
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error: Internal system error: Unable to initialize standard output file

Hey guys, need some help. Running AIX Version 5.2 and one of our cron jobs is writing errors to a log file. Any ideas on the following error message. Error: Internal system error: Unable to initialize standard output file I'm guessing more info might be needed, so let me know. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firkus
2 Replies

4. AIX

error : pg: 0652-122 Cannot write to the temporary file

Hi All, I'm getting this error when I use "pg". /tmp is not full and the permission is correct. root@axappk01::/home> hostname|pg pg: 0652-122 Cannot write to the temporary file. Please advise. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fara_aris
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Getting error as Database locked while running a script

While i am trying to run a script in which it calls an executable(binary code)processes a file using the data in database. But while running the script the following error is occured. "permission to access this database was denied <err-0025-0191>re /ds1/nrms_r.db9 while looking up... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
0 Replies

6. Solaris

fssnap ioctl error

For some reason when I try to take a snapshot of the root slice on a particular machine I get an ioctl 22 error. I can't seem to find much on the problem by searching the internet other than some realtime processes such as ntp that use mlock can cause this to happen. I tried running it with truss... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
2 Replies

7. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

8. SCO

Error: msgcnt 1 vxfs: mesg 016: vx_ilisterr - / file system error reading

Hello... i got an error in my SCO OpenServer 6. the error is: msgcnt 1 vxfs: mesg 016: vx_ilisterr - / file system error reading inode 373 Can anyone help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AndryMB
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write whatever error in log file

Hi all, I have export LOG_FILE=$HOME_DIR/error.log sqlplus -s /nolog << EOF whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode @$HOME_DIR/connect.sql whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode @$SQL_FILE EOF can display the sql error in putty, how can I write them into log file ?:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hscript
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error of Snapshot origin volumes can be resized only while inactive

Hello, I am trying to increase lvsize however it gives below error what's the way that I can increase this size? # lvextend -L +20G /dev/VGExaDb/volsnap Snapshot origin volumes can be resized only while inactive: try lvchange -an Best regards, Vishal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_db
1 Replies
ntp(n)								 Tnm Tcl Extension							    ntp(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ntp - Retrieve NTP status information. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The Network Time Protocol (NTP) (RFC 1119, RFC 1305) allows to synchronize computer clocks by exchanging NTP messages. The ntp command allows to retrieve control variables from NTP peers. NTP COMMAND
ntp [options] Invoking the ntp command with options but without any command arguments allows to retrieve and change the default values. See the description of supported options below. Default values are bound to a Tcl interpreter which allows to have multiple Tcl interpreter with different defaults. ntp [options] host arrayName The ntp command sends a NTP version 3 mode 6 request to host and writes status information into the Tcl array arrayName. After suc- cessful completion, the array will contain the following elements (RFC 1305): peer.delay This is a signed fixed-point number indicating the roundtrip delay of the peer clock relative to the local clock over the network path between them, in seconds. peer.dispersion This is a signed fixed-point number indicating the maximum error of the peer clock relative to the local clock over the net- work path between them, in seconds. peer.offset This is a signed, fixed-point number indicating the offset of the peer clock relative to the local clock, in seconds. peer.precision This is a signed integer indicating the precision of the various clocks, in seconds to the nearest power of two. peer.reach This is a shift register used to determine the reachability status of the peer, with bits entering from the least significant (rightmost) end. A peer is considered reachable if at least one bit in this register is set to one. peer.srcadr This is the IP address of the peer. peer.stratum This is an integer indicating the stratum of the local clock. peer.valid This is an integer counter indicating the valid samples remaining in the filter register. It is used to determine the reacha- bility state and when the poll interval should be increased or decreased. sys.peer This is a selector identifying the current synchronization source. sys.precision This is a signed integer indicating the precision of the various clocks, in seconds to the nearest power of two. sys.refid This is a 32-bit code identifying the particular reference clock. sys.rootdelay This is a signed fixed-point number indicating the total roundtrip delay to the primary reference source at the root of the synchronization subnet, in seconds. sys.rootdispersion This is a signed fixed-point number indicating the maximum error relative to the primary reference source at the root of the synchronization subnet, in seconds. sys.stratum This is an integer indicating the stratum of the local clock sys.system A textual description of the system type. NTP OPTIONS
The following options control how NTP requests are send and how the ntp command deals with lost NTP packets. -timeout time The -timeout option defines the time the ntp command will wait for a response. The time is defined in seconds with a default of 2 seconds. -retries number The -retries option defines how many times a request is retransmitted during the timeout interval. The default number of retries is 2. SEE ALSO
scotty(1), Tnm(n), Tcl(n) AUTHORS
Erik Schoenfelder <schoenfr@gaertner.de> Juergen Schoenwaelder <schoenw@cs.utwente.nl> Tnm ntp(n)