Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SED: Can't Repeat Search Character in SED Output Post 302353112 by Franklin52 on Monday 14th of September 2009 02:39:18 PM
Old 09-14-2009
I don't see any difference between the given input and desired output.

To keep the forums high quality for all users, please take the time to format your posts correctly.

First of all, use Code Tags when you post any code or data samples so others can easily read your code. You can easily do this by highlighting your code and then clicking on the # in the editing menu. (You can also type code tags [code] and [/code] by hand.)

Second, avoid adding color or different fonts and font size to your posts. Selective use of color to highlight a single word or phrase can be useful at times, but using color, in general, makes the forums harder to read, especially bright colors like red.

Third, be careful when you cut-and-paste, edit any odd characters and make sure all links are working property.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use sed to delete a character

I built a 12 million record file and made a mistake, one field is 1 character too long. The record is 40 bytes and ends always in 999. I am trying to delete the 37 character in each record. Is this possible without doing a cut and paste. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bthomas
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

repeat character with printf

It's all in the subject. I try to figure out how to repeat a character a number of time with printf. For example to draw a line in a script output. Thks (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

use SED to replace repeat statements

Hi I need to write a script that read a input file that had same statement repeatedly to replace only 2nd & 5th time repeated statements (ex: This is UNIX forum) with another statement ( UNIX forum threads in Shell programming) with out modifying 1st,3,4th repeated statements. I am planning to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: watsup
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to delete character 0 only when it's on its own?

Hi all I am trying to get my head around doing the following.... I have an input field that could contain either a number a blank field or a whitespace field. What I want to do is delete a 0 (zero) if it's on its own or leading the number. So:- \t0 delete the zero 0 delete the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

In Sed how can I replace starting from the 7th character to the 15th character.

Hi All, Was wondering how I can do the following.... I have a String as follows "ACCTRL000005022RRWDKKEEDKDD...." This string can be in a file called tail.out or in a Variable called $VAR2 Now I have another variable called $VAR1="000004785" (9 bytes long), I need the content of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohullah
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help - search/copy from one file and search/paste to another

I am a newbie and would like some help with the following - Trying to search fileA for a string similar to - AS11000022010 30.4 31.7 43.7 53.8 60.5 71.1 75.2 74.7 66.9 56.6 42.7 32.5 53.3 I then want to replace that string with a string from fileB - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: delete on each line before a character and after a character

Hi there, A total sed noob here. Is there a way using sed to delete everything before a character AND after another character on each line in a file? The deletion should also delete the indicating characters(here: an opening and a closing parenthesis). The original file would look like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bnbsd
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed searches a character string for a specified delimiter character, and returns a leading or traili

Hi, Anyone can help using SED searches a character string for a specified delimiter character, and returns a leading or trailing space/blank. Text file : "1"|"ExternalClassDEA519CF5"|"Art1" "2"|"ExternalClass563EA516C"|"Art3" "3"|"ExternalClass305ED16B8"|"Art9" ... ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed to repeat every character on same position from the upper line replacing whitespace

Hello is it possible with awk or sed to replace any white space with the previous line characters in the same position? I am asking this because the file I have doesn't always follow a pattern. For example the file I have is the result of a command to obtain windows ACLs: icacls C:\ /t... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nakaedu
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to repeat a character in a field if it's a single character?

I have a csv dataset like this : C,rs18768 G,rs13785 GA,rs1065 G,rs1801279 T,rs9274407 A,rs730012 I'm thinking of use like awk, sed to covert the dataset to this format: (if it's two character, then keep the same) CC,rs18768 GG,rs13785 GA,rs1065 GG,rs1801279 TT,rs9274407... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nengcheng
7 Replies
textout_ex(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					       textout_ex(3alleg4)

NAME
textout_ex - Writes a string on a bitmap. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> void textout_ex(BITMAP *bmp, const FONT *f, const char *s, int x, int y, int color, int bg); DESCRIPTION
Writes the string `s' onto the bitmap at position x, y, using the specified font, foreground color and background color. If the background color is -1, then the text is written transparently. If the foreground color is -1 and a color font is in use, it will be drawn using the colors from the original font bitmap (the one you imported into the grabber program), which allows multicolored text output. For high and true color fonts, the foreground color is ignored and always treated as -1. Example: /* Show the program's version in blue letters. */ textout_ex(screen, font, "v4.2.0-beta2", 10, 10, makecol(0, 0, 255), -1); SEE ALSO
font(3alleg4), textout_centre_ex(3alleg4), textout_right_ex(3alleg4), textout_justify_ex(3alleg4), textprintf_ex(3alleg4), text_height(3alleg4), text_length(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 textout_ex(3alleg4)