Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to create a Solaris patch package Post 302353018 by vibhor_agarwali on Monday 14th of September 2009 09:10:45 AM
Old 09-14-2009
Oh,
I was not aware of that.

Is that confirmed or somebody has other thoughts.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris Patch Access

I see you can no longer download patches from sunsolve for Solaris 10, 9 and 8 without a support contract. I have a V240 that is 4 months old, do new machines normally come with some sort of contract? Thats kind of lame that I can't patch a $12,000 server I just got recently. Still waiting on a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
0 Replies

2. Tips and Tutorials

Solaris Patch exit codes

The most common Solaris exit codes you will see is 2 or 8, but have you ever had a different exit code and wondered what it means ? Well you need not wonder no more... Patch Exit Codes ---------------- 0 No error 1 Usage error 2 Attempt to apply a patch that's already... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tornado
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 patch.

I have to update on solaris 9. UPdating to 10 is not an option. Can I create a disk that will have all the updates/patches and just run it once and not sit and update one by one? If so, how? I have 10 Sun systems. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disturbe_d
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 9 Patch Issues

I have never had problems getting patch clusters from sunsolve and running them before. I've extracted the 9_Recommended.zip file ran ./install_cluster all the normal stuff i do to patch etc......But this time all my patches are returning codes 5,8,17 the 5's and 8's don't really matter but my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
1 Replies

5. AIX

how to create a package from mksysb via nim ?

Hello, I need to install "bos.adt.libm 5.3.0.0" on a server (AIX5.3 power 5). How to install it from a nim mksysb of an another partition ? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Patch for Solaris 5.9 on sparc

IS the cluster_patch for Solaris 5.9 free to download from Sun web site, i just can't find it, please help? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Immediate Help Required for Patch Installation on Solaris

Hi All, I am new to Solaris. I have to install some latest patches on my SPARC Machine running Solaris 10. I have installed the required patches. Please guide me through the rest of the process. Please include even minute details so that I don't face any problems while doing this activity.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldeep1986
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Update Solaris patch

Hi All I had update the solaris version, and now wish to update the patch. but when i check my patch version, i cant find any version for that. any idea? root@leo # showrev Hostname: leo Hostid: 839b58a3 Release: 5.10 Kernel architecture: sun4u Application architecture: sparc... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris Patch

Hi, I installed Solaris 11 and I want to upgrade. I am doing this in by the documentation for pkg update. I read about the patch for solaris. Where and how to download and install this patch? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PtaQ
2 Replies
largefile(5)                                            Standards, Environments, and Macros                                           largefile(5)

NAME
largefile - large file status of utilities DESCRIPTION
A large file is a regular file whose size is greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). A small file is a regular file whose size is less than 2 Gbyte. Large file aware utilities A utility is called large file aware if it can process large files in the same manner as it does small files. A utility that is large file aware is able to handle large files as input and generate as output large files that are being processed. The exception is where additional files are used as system configuration files or support files that can augment the processing. For example, the file utility supports the -m option for an alternative "magic" file and the -f option for a support file that can contain a list of file names. It is unspecified whether a utility that is large file aware will accept configuration or support files that are large files. If a large file aware utility does not accept configuration or support files that are large files, it will cause no data loss or corruption upon encountering such files and will return an appropriate error. The following /usr/bin utilities are large file aware: adb awk bdiff cat chgrp chmod chown cksum cmp compress cp csh csplit cut dd dircmp du egrep fgrep file find ftp getconf grep gzip head join jsh ksh ln ls mdb mkdir mkfifo more mv nawk page paste pathchck pg rcp remsh rksh rm rmdir rsh sed sh sort split sum tail tar tee test touch tr uncompress uudecode uuencode wc zcat The following /usr/xpg4/bin utilities are large file aware: awk cp chgrp chown du egrep fgrep file grep ln ls more mv rm sed sh sort tail tr The following /usr/xpg6/bin utilities are large file aware: getconf ls tr The following /usr/sbin utilities are large file aware: install mkfile mknod mvdir swap See the USAGE section of the swap(1M) manual page for limitations of swap on block devices greater than 2 Gbyte on a 32-bit operating sys- tem. The following /usr/ucb utilities are large file aware: chown from ln ls sed sum touch The /usr/bin/cpio and /usr/bin/pax utilities are large file aware, but cannot archive a file whose size exceeds 8 Gbyte - 1 byte. The /usr/bin/truss utilities has been modified to read a dump file and display information relevant to large files, such as offsets. cachefs file systems The following /usr/bin utilities are large file aware for cachefs file systems: cachefspack cachefsstat The following /usr/sbin utilities are large file aware for cachefs file systems: cachefslog cachefswssize cfsadmin fsck mount umount nfs file systems The following utilities are large file aware for nfs file systems: /usr/lib/autofs/automountd /usr/sbin/mount /usr/lib/nfs/rquotad ufs file systems The following /usr/bin utility is large file aware for ufs file systems: df The following /usr/lib/nfs utility is large file aware for ufs file systems: rquotad The following /usr/xpg4/bin utility is large file aware for ufs file systems: df The following /usr/sbin utilities are large file aware for ufs file systems: clri dcopy edquota ff fsck fsdb fsirand fstyp labelit lockfs mkfs mount ncheck newfs quot quota quotacheck quotaoff quotaon repquota tunefs ufsdump ufsrestore umount Large file safe utilities A utility is called large file safe if it causes no data loss or corruption when it encounters a large file. A utility that is large file safe is unable to process properly a large file, but returns an appropriate error. The following /usr/bin utilities are large file safe: audioconvert audioplay audiorecord comm diff diff3 diffmk ed lp mail mailcompat mailstats mailx pack pcat red rmail sdiff unpack vi view The following /usr/xpg4/bin utilities are large file safe: ed vi view The following /usr/xpg6/bin utility is large file safe: ed The following /usr/sbin utilities are large file safe: lpfilter lpforms The following /usr/ucb utilities are large file safe: Mail lpr The following /usr/lib utility is large file safe: sendmail SEE ALSO
lf64(5), lfcompile(5), lfcompile64(5) SunOS 5.10 7 Nov 2003 largefile(5)