Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Not able to install htmldoc
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Not able to install htmldoc Post 302353000 by sickboy on Monday 14th of September 2009 08:17:32 AM
Old 09-14-2009
Not able to install htmldoc

Hi there,

I am trying to install htmldoc and I am getting the following error

Code:
apt-get install htmldoc

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.

Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
that package should be filed.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  htmldoc: Depends: libfltk1.1 (>= 1.1.7-2) but it is not going to be installed
           Depends: libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.8rel) but it is not going to be installed
           Depends: libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8c-1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

I was googling around for a solution but no luck.

I tried the 'clean all','-f install' and 'reinstall' but nothing worked. I get the same error.

Any advice?

Thanks

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile

I receive an error while installing Oracle 9i: Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk Furthermore: $ whoami oracle $ echo $ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 $ pwd /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib $ ll total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris2005
5 Replies

2. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

htmldoc with login on page

How can I make htmldoc write to pdf page that requires login and password? I'am doing it with PHP passthru. I have my login but htmldoc in passthru is showing me only login page. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demerzel
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HTMLDOC tool query

Hi, I am trying to convert a book file to a pdf file. Th book file contains the html doc tool command. It is setting the parameter for table of contents with proper headings and levels. I want to know if table of contents is displayed as a first page by default or can we set it to be the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweagna
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

CentOS 6.1 base install (like FreeBSD base install)?

Hello, What is the simplest way to install CentOS 6.1 with console base-system only using official LiveDVD image on VirtualBox machine? I'd like to get simplest console with network support like FreeBSD base installation. Then, install services which I need. The installer jest extracts the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_develope
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Install Red Hat 4.2 (Not Enterprise) from install tree

Hi guys I would like to install Red Hat Linux 4.2 on my old box (pIII). However there is a problem: i can't find the .iso image anywhere in the Net, all the material that i've found is (i think) an install tree of the OS. It will be possible for me to install the OS from that install tree? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk2soldier
3 Replies

8. AIX

Install software in another directory with smitty install

Hello, I would like to ask if someone knows if is possible to install sofware via smitty or installp in another directorie , or we have to accept the default location? i would like to intall in /opt folder , but smitty installed it in /usr Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
4 Replies
DH_SAMEVERSIONDEP(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      DH_SAMEVERSIONDEP(1)

NAME
dh_sameversiondep - generate versioned dependency based on the versioned dependencies of the reference package. SYNOPSIS
dh_sameversiondep [debhelper options] DESCRIPTION
dh_sameversiondep is a helper tool which is able to generate a dependency that is versioned the same way as a dependency (coming from the same source) of another reference package. dh_sameversiondep scans debian/control for the specially formatted substvar (see "sameVersionDep substvar SPECIFICATION" section below), determines its value and writes it to debian/package.substvars file. The most common use case for dh_sameversiondep tool is to keep your liba-dev package dependency on the external libb-dev package as tight as your liba package depends on the respective external libb package (see "EXAMPLE" section for more information about this use case). dh_sameversiondep works as follows: o Searches for the sameVersionDep substvar in the Depends, Recommends, Suggests, Enhances and Pre-Depends fields of the requested packages. When one is found, it is parsed and the dependency package name, reference package name and dependency type (either Depends or Recommends etc.) are determined. o All dependencies of the requested type are collected for the dependency package based on the dpkg-query --status output. o All dependencies of the requested type are collected for the reference package either from debian/control (substvars are expanded) or from dpkg-query --status output if the package was not found in debian/control. o Both collections are intersected leaving only common packages in both collections. o Common package list is filtered by leaving only those which come from the same source as dependency package. o Whatever packages are left (most likely only one), their names are replaced with dependency package name preserving all versioning information. This result is written to debian/package.substvars file as a value of the sameVersionDep substvar being processed. dh_sameversiondep is very strict about errors. If either dependency package or the reference package cannot be found or the resulting dependency set is empty, it will fail with an error. dh_sameversiondep MUST be run before dh_gencontrol. However, it is recommended to run dh_sameversiondep after dh_shlibdeps. sameVersionDep substvar SPECIFICATION sameVersionDep substvar can appear in either Depends, Recommends, Suggests, Enhances or Pre-Depends field of any binary package. The field, which the substvar appears in, becomes the default dependency type for that substvar. sameVersionDep should be formatted as follows (everything is case sensitive): ${sameVersionDep:dependency[[:reference]-dependency type]} dependency (mandatory) The name of the package which you want to add as a dependency. reference (optional) The name of the package which dependencies are to be intersected with the dependencies of the dependency package. Defaults to the first package in debian/control if ommited. dependency type (optional) Can be either Depends, Recommends, Suggests, Enhances or Pre-Depends. Defaults to the name of the field which the substvar was found in. Specifies which type of dependencies to consider when analyzing dependency package and reference package. EXAMPLE
Assume we have the following in debian/control: Package: liba Depends: libc (>= 0.1), depa, depb, depc Package: libb Depends: libd (>= 0.2), depd, depe, depf Package: libab-dev Depends: ${sameVersionDep:libc-dev}, ${sameVersionDep:libd-dev:libb} Assumming that libc and libc-dev (both from the same source), as well as libd and libd-dev (both from the same source) are installed, the value of "sameVersionDep:libc-dev" will be libc-dev (>= 0.1) and the value of "sameVersionDep:libd-dev:libb" will be libd-dev (>= 0.2). "sameVersionDep:libc-dev" could also be written as "sameVersionDep:libc-dev:liba-Depends" and "sameVersionDep:libd-dev:libb" as "sameVersionDep:libd-dev:libb-Depends" but it is not necessary because defaults are sufficient. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHOR
Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org> perl v5.14.2 2012-08-05 DH_SAMEVERSIONDEP(1)