Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: which platform
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting which platform Post 302352896 by temhem on Monday 14th of September 2009 03:01:54 AM
Old 09-14-2009
Bug which platform

hi everyone,

i am new in unix. i want to write(develop) unix shell script/program.
which platform can i use.
Generally i write scripts in "vi" platform.
Are there any platform for develop shell programs.
Please help me.

Thanx for your advice.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Platform decision

Hi folks First, let me apologize in advance for the long message. I know this will sound like a typical "newbie" message but I am really working to understand the technology in order to make informed decisions. I am currently in the process of evaluating Unix hardware and OS platforms for an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scooter
5 Replies

2. AIX

AIX platform

Hello, I need to download some programs to AIX 5.2 box but the download page have two versions: for 32 and 64 bits. Is there a command to know what platform is my AIX 5.2 box? I mean 32 or 64 bits?? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpoot
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple platform scripts

Hello I'm writing a script system in bash that I want to run on Un*x (SunOS), Linux, and cygwin also. The scripts starts with the sha-bang #!/bin/bash, but I experienced that the bash interpreter path are different on these platforms. My question is how can I manipulate the command interpreter... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: *ptr
8 Replies

4. Programming

Platform type in Unix

Hi all, How does one get the platform type in UNIX (for e.g. sparc/i386)? I need an function call and not the command like uname -p. thanks! (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
24 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Most used unix platform as desktop.

Just wonder about this question everytime that how many of us use unix as desktop and prefers which unix platform as desktop. - nilesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to tell if your platform is real or VMWare?

Does anyone know for sure how to tell whether the RHEL 3 / 4 / 5 server you're logged into is real or VMware, other than rpm -qa | grep -i vm? And if the server is real, is there any way to tell from the OS level what kind of hardware you're on? I guess I'm looking for something analogous to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbholde
2 Replies

7. Programming

about unix platform

Hi can any body post example for socket tcpclient in c++ act like browser with HTTp 1.1 and send message for the server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Net Star
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is unix os or platform?

hellow everyone, iam a new user to linux and i have question about unix os. unix is operating system or platform iam confused. i have read some article about unix but i haven't found the answer what iam searching for. so iam confused in this topic can anyone made it clear. Any types of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruhang
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

R plots in UNIX platform

How do you see plots produced in R under UNIX platform? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
2 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)