Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Is any patch availabe for zone cloning? Post 302352893 by seg on Monday 14th of September 2009 03:00:06 AM
Old 09-14-2009
closing? Do you mean clone? If so, u3 probably has it.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Zone cloning with zfs

Sun documentation about zone cloning describe if zone cloning, which zonepath is on a ZFS pool, zone will be cloning by zfs snapshot. On my system zones cloned by files copying. How I can troubleshoot that? root@sunhost # cat /etc/release Solaris 10 10/09... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aphex
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Applying Recommended Patch Cluster to Whole Root Zone

Hi there, Apologies if this question has been asked and answered already but I've not been able to find the thread. Question: Is it possible to apply the Solaris 10 Recommended Patch Cluster to a whole root (non-global) zone locally? I.E. apply the patch cluster from the non-global in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nm146332
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Zone failes to boot due to mount issue, dir exists in zone.

I have two physical servers, with zones that mount local storage. We were using "raw device" in the zonecfg to point to a metadevice on the global zone (it was not mounted in the global zone at any point). It failed to mount on every boot because the directory existed in the zone. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Cannot locate patch to install (on a non-global zone)

Hello Solaris experts, I would like to inquire of the error I'm encountering when using patchadd on a non-global zone. bash-3.00# patchadd 148625-01 Validating patches... Loading patches installed on the system... Done! Loading patches requested to install. Cannot locate 148625-01... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SystemAddict
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Force patch install on non global zone

All, I am trying to install the patch 148689-02. However, this patch fails to install due to the non global zone does not have the required patch 147143-17. I have tried to login to the non global zone and install it manually. "patchadd 147143-17" however, this returns a message stating its for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpolachak
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10: I forgot to detach a zone before zpool export. Uninstall zone?

Dear all, recently, I migrated a solaris zone from one host to another. The zone was inside of a zpool. The zpool cotains two volumes. I did the following: host1: $ zlogin zone1 shutdown -y -g0 -i0 #Zone status changes from running to installed $ zpool export zone1 host2: $ zpool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: custos
2 Replies
brands(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros						 brands(5)

NAME
brands - alternate operating environments for non-global zones DESCRIPTION
The branded zone (BrandZ) framework extends the Solaris Zones infrastructure described in zones(5) to include the creation of brands, which provide non-global zones that contain non-native operating environments. The term "brand" can refer to a wide range of operating environments. All brand management is performed as extensions to the current zones structure. Every zone is configured with an associated brand. The brand type is used to determine which scripts are executed when a zone is installed and booted. In addition, a zone's brand is used to properly identify the correct application type at application launch time. The default is the native brand. A branded zone will support exactly one brand of non-native binary, which means that a branded zone provides a single operating environ- ment. Once a zone has been assigned a brand, that brand cannot be changed or removed. BrandZ extends the zones tools in the following ways: o A brand is an attribute of a zone, set at zone create time. o The zonecfg tool (see zonecfg(1M)) is used to set a zone's brand type and configure the zone. o The zoneadm tool (see zoneadm(1M)) is used to report a zone's brand type and administer the zone. Device Support The devices supported by each zone are documented in the man pages and other documentation for that brand. The zones infrastructure detects any attempt to add an unsupported device and issues a warning to the administrator. If the administrator chooses to add an unsupported device despite that warning, that device might or might not work as expected. The configuration will be untested and unsupported. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWzoneu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), dtrace(1M), in.rlogind(1M), sshd(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), kill(2), priocntl(2), getzoneid(3C), ucred_get(3C), getzoneid(3C), proc(4), attributes(5), lx(5), native(5), privileges(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D), crgetzoneid(9F) SunOS 5.11 13 Feb 2009 brands(5)