Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting regex help to get unique hostnames Post 302352834 by binlib on Sunday 13th of September 2009 08:17:27 PM
Old 09-13-2009
Or:
Code:
$ awk -F"[=.)]" '!c[$2]++{print $2}' f

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

DHCP and Hostnames

I have a linksys DSL router. I run a mixed environment of Windows, Linux and Solaris. The routers dhcp tables show the windows machines hostnames and associated IP's ok but the unix bases mahines don't have associated hostnames in the DHCP tables. I can ping by IP but not my the machines... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr16ga
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get part of file with unique & non-unique string

I have an archive file that holds a batch of statements. I would like to be able to extract a certain statement based on the unique customer # (ie. 123456). The end for each statement is noted by "ENDSTM". I can find the line number for the beginning of the statement section with sed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewsc
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change unique file names into new unique filenames

I have 84 files with the following names splitseqs.1, spliseqs.2 etc. and I want to change the .number to a unique filename. E.g. change splitseqs.1 into splitseqs.7114_1#24 and change spliseqs.2 into splitseqs.7067_2#4 So all the current file names are unique, so are the new file names.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avonm
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print unique lines without sort or unique

I would like to print unique lines without sort or unique. Unfortunately the server I am working on does not have sort or unique. I have not been able to contact the administrator of the server to ask him to add it for several weeks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

5. Programming

Getting All VM Hostnames Using Pysphere

I need to obtain a list of all the hostname of all the VM's that reside on two ESXI servers using pysphere. I have attempted using the basic methods but an unable to get a hostname in my testing using: from pysphere import VIServer server = VIServer() ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cyrillic Hostnames?

As the title suggests, I'm wondering if its possible to set a hostname to a name or word with Cyrillic letters (e.g. - Like the Russian alphabet). I tried installing the cyrillic-console package in Debian. I switched my desktop to Russian as well. However, when I try to set the hostname I get that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ip address for multiple hostnames

i have a file which has 100 servers,i want a script which can output me ip address and hostname for that server. Thanks in advance!! input file abc.com output file should be abc.com 192.168.1..1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for valid hostnames

Hello, I am trying to develop a script to check for valid hostnames. Below are the prerequisites for a valid hostname which I got from wiki : Hostnames are composed of series of labels concatenated with dots, as are all domain names. For example, "en.wikipedia.org" is a hostname. Each label... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping hostnames for pdsh

Hi All, I have a list of hostnames in a text file and I would like to craft a bash script that would group them for use with pdsh. For example... I would like to group the following from a file: hostname1000 hostname1001 hostname1002 hostname1003 hostname1004 hostname2000... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeg1484
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex to identify unique words in a dictionary database

Hello, I have a dictionary which I am building for the Open Source Community. The data structure is as under HEADWORD=PARTOFSPEECH=ENGLISH MEANING as shown in the example below अ=m=Prefix signifying negation. अँहँ=ind=Interjection expressing disapprobation. अं=int=An interjection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)