Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: calculating in MB
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calculating in MB Post 302352833 by cesarNZ on Sunday 13th of September 2009 07:56:34 PM
Old 09-13-2009
i get a value of '1274496' from the
Code:
 ps -o rss -p <pid>

command and when i add 512 to this and divide by 1024 it comes to '1245.125'

is there a function in ksh to round this up so the value returned is '1245' ??

ta.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the average

This is the cronjob ---------------------- root@a7germ:/home/paxtemp > crontab -l|grep test 57 * * * * /home/paxtemp/test_1.sh 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /home/paxtemp/test.sh root@a7germ:/home/paxtemp > This is the contents of test.sh script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculating a number

Hello all :) I need some help; I'm running the sp_spaceused command on various tables and saving the output to a file. So, I have an input file that has 3 rows - each row has 7 columns. I would like to 1) sort the file on the 4th column, 2) take the 4th column in the first row and add 25% to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonolith
2 Replies

3. Programming

UPDATE statement: calculating changes

The problem I was working on is solved, but felt it would be worthwhile to ask for some opinions as to whether the approach can actually be improved. I am using the following example and data taken from https://www.unix.com/high-level-programming/119134-sql-datetime-calculations.html and MySQL... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating average

Hi, i have 12 float variables in a bash file and i want to calculate the average of them. Can any body help? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: limadario
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating using date

I need to help to calculating using date in a script. One application is licensed by date, some month at a time. I can read the date from system and get an output like this: echo $status 6A34 System4 01.01.11-31.01.11 My goal is to use license date 31.01.11 and subtract todays date... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the epoch time from standard time using awk and calculating the duration

Hi All, I have the following time stamp data in 2 columns Date TimeStamp(also with milliseconds) 05/23/2012 08:30:11.250 05/23/2012 08:30:15.500 05/23/2012 08:31.15.500 . . etc From this data I need the following output. 0.00( row1-row1 in seconds) 04.25( row2-row1 in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating sum

Hi all, I have the following code in a shell script. Code: if then echo "##" echo "##" echo "##################################" for fn in `find "$1" -maxdepth 1 -iname \*"$2"* -type f` do echo "$fn" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveendronavall
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating mean for samples 1-3 4-6 etc.

Hi. I have a LOOONG list of samples but I am not sure how to write the loop/script to calculate the mean... I normally use awk... ...................MEAN Sample1 25.82 40.61333 Sample1 47.6 Sample1 48.42 Sample2 54.03 54.12 Sample2 53.98 Sample2 54.35 etc..... I would like to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieladna
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating average

Hi I have file like below 111,victor,48,12,36 342,Peter,54,58,30 476,Scott,25,36,48 567,Patty,74,17,95 I have written below code to calcualte avereage for every id Victor = 48+12+36/3 #!/bin/ksh /usr/xpg4/bin/awk ' BEGIN {FS=","} {sum=0; n=0;i=3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stew
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping and Calculating

Hi All, I want to read the input file and store the output in the Output file. I pasted the sample Input and Output file below. Help me with this. Input file ================================= ITEM1 AAAAA 1 ITEM1 BBBBB 1 ITEM1 CCCCC 1 ITEM2 AAAAA 5 ITEM2 CCCCC 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: humaemo
1 Replies
vtimes(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 vtimes(3)

Name
       vtimes - get information about resource utilization

Syntax
       vtimes(par_vm, ch_vm)
       struct vtimes *par_vm, *ch_vm;

Description
       This facility has been superseded by

The  routine  returns accounting information for the current process and for the terminated child processes of the current process.  Either
       par_vm or ch_vm or both may be 0, in which case only the information for the pointers which are non-zero is returned.

After the call, each buffer contains information as defined by the contents of the include file /usr/include/sys/vtimes.h:
       struct vtimes {
	    int     vm_utime;		    /* user time (*HZ) */
	    int  vm_stime;	/* system time (*HZ) */
	    /* divide next two by utime+stime to get averages */
	    unsigned vm_idsrss;      /* integral of d+s rss */
	    unsigned vm_ixrss;	     /* integral of text rss */
	    int  vm_maxrss;	     /* maximum rss */
	    int  vm_majflt;	     /* major page faults */
	    int  vm_minflt;	     /* minor page faults */
	    int  vm_nswap;	/* number of swaps */
	    int  vm_inblk;	/* block reads */
	    int  vm_oublk;	/* block writes */
       };
       The vm_utime and vm_stime fields give the user and system time respectively in 60ths of a second (or 50ths if that is the frequency of wall
       current	in your locality.) The vm_idrss and vm_ixrss measure memory usage.  They are computed by integrating the number of memory pages in
       use each over cpu time.	They are reported as though computed discretely, adding the current memory usage (in 512 byte pages) each time the
       clock  ticks.   If  a  process  used 5 core pages over 1 cpu-second for its data and stack, then vm_idsrss would have the value 5*60, where
       vm_utime+vm_stime would be the 60. The vm_idsrss integrates data and stack segment usage, while vm_ixrss  integrates  text  segment  usage.
       The vm_maxrss reports the maximum instantaneous sum of the text+data+stack core-resident page count.

The  vm_majflt  field  gives the number of page faults which resulted in disk activity; the vm_minflt field gives the number of page faults
       incurred in simulation of reference bits; vm_nswap is the number of swaps which occurred.  The number of file  system  input/output  events
       are  reported  in vm_inblk and vm_oublk These numbers account only for real I/O.  Data supplied by the caching mechanism is charged only to
       the first process to read or write the data.

See Also
       wait3(2), time(3)

vtimes(3)