Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: calculating in MB
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calculating in MB Post 302352829 by cesarNZ on Sunday 13th of September 2009 07:20:14 PM
Old 09-13-2009
calculating in MB

hi all,
have got a ksh script which tries to monitor memory usage of app servers. i do a
Code:
 ps -0 rss -p <PID>

to get the memory size in KB but when i divide by 1024 to convert to MB i dont know how to round it up ??

thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the average

This is the cronjob ---------------------- root@a7germ:/home/paxtemp > crontab -l|grep test 57 * * * * /home/paxtemp/test_1.sh 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /home/paxtemp/test.sh root@a7germ:/home/paxtemp > This is the contents of test.sh script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculating a number

Hello all :) I need some help; I'm running the sp_spaceused command on various tables and saving the output to a file. So, I have an input file that has 3 rows - each row has 7 columns. I would like to 1) sort the file on the 4th column, 2) take the 4th column in the first row and add 25% to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonolith
2 Replies

3. Programming

UPDATE statement: calculating changes

The problem I was working on is solved, but felt it would be worthwhile to ask for some opinions as to whether the approach can actually be improved. I am using the following example and data taken from https://www.unix.com/high-level-programming/119134-sql-datetime-calculations.html and MySQL... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating average

Hi, i have 12 float variables in a bash file and i want to calculate the average of them. Can any body help? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: limadario
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating using date

I need to help to calculating using date in a script. One application is licensed by date, some month at a time. I can read the date from system and get an output like this: echo $status 6A34 System4 01.01.11-31.01.11 My goal is to use license date 31.01.11 and subtract todays date... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the epoch time from standard time using awk and calculating the duration

Hi All, I have the following time stamp data in 2 columns Date TimeStamp(also with milliseconds) 05/23/2012 08:30:11.250 05/23/2012 08:30:15.500 05/23/2012 08:31.15.500 . . etc From this data I need the following output. 0.00( row1-row1 in seconds) 04.25( row2-row1 in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating sum

Hi all, I have the following code in a shell script. Code: if then echo "##" echo "##" echo "##################################" for fn in `find "$1" -maxdepth 1 -iname \*"$2"* -type f` do echo "$fn" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveendronavall
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating mean for samples 1-3 4-6 etc.

Hi. I have a LOOONG list of samples but I am not sure how to write the loop/script to calculate the mean... I normally use awk... ...................MEAN Sample1 25.82 40.61333 Sample1 47.6 Sample1 48.42 Sample2 54.03 54.12 Sample2 53.98 Sample2 54.35 etc..... I would like to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieladna
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating average

Hi I have file like below 111,victor,48,12,36 342,Peter,54,58,30 476,Scott,25,36,48 567,Patty,74,17,95 I have written below code to calcualte avereage for every id Victor = 48+12+36/3 #!/bin/ksh /usr/xpg4/bin/awk ' BEGIN {FS=","} {sum=0; n=0;i=3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stew
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping and Calculating

Hi All, I want to read the input file and store the output in the Output file. I pasted the sample Input and Output file below. Help me with this. Input file ================================= ITEM1 AAAAA 1 ITEM1 BBBBB 1 ITEM1 CCCCC 1 ITEM2 AAAAA 5 ITEM2 CCCCC 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: humaemo
1 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)