Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract particular lines from text file Post 302352805 by gunio on Sunday 13th of September 2009 12:49:56 PM
Old 09-13-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcomex999
Try...

Code:

awk -F"|" 'NR==FNR{arr[FNR]=$0;next}{for(i in arr)if(i==$1)print arr[i]}' fileB fileA

thx, awk version works fine for me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file

needa c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file. and then storing them in to diffrent variables ? text file like 0: abc.txt ========= aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract the lines between specific line number from a text file

Hi I want to extract certain text between two line numbers like 23234234324 and 54446655567567 How do I do this with a simple sed or awk command? Thank you. ---------- Post updated at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:55 PM ---------- found it: sed -n '#1,#2p'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: return_user
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines of text based on a specific keyword

I regularly extract lines of text from files based on the presence of a particular keyword; I place the extracted lines into another text file. This takes about 2 hours to complete using the "sort" command then Kate's find & highlight facility. I've been reading the forum & googling and can find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DionDeVille
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: How to extract text lines between two strings

Hi. I have a text test1.txt file like:Receipt Line1 Line2 Line3 End Receipt Line4 Line5 Line6 Canceled Receipt Line7 Line8 Line9 End (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: TQ3
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract two lines before and after the 'search text'

Hi Guys, I have a situation wherein I need to extract two lines from below the search string. Eg. Current: $ grep "$(date +'%a %b %e')" alert.log Mon Apr 12 03:58:10 2010 Mon Apr 12 12:51:48 2010 $ Here I would like the display to be something like Mon Apr 12... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: geetap
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help please, extract multiple lines from a text file

Hi all, I need to extract lines between the lines 'RD' and 'QA' from a text file (following). there are more that one of such pattern in the file and I need to extract all of them. however, the number of lines between them is varied in the file. Therefore, I can not just use 'grep -A' command.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnshembb
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract some lines from one file and add those lines to current file

hi, i have two files. file1.sh echo "unix" echo "linux" file2.sh echo "unix linux forums" now the output i need is $./file2.sh unix linux forums (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract lines from text after keyword

I have a text and I want to extract the 4 lines following a keyword! For example if I have this text and the keyword is AAA hello helloo AAA one two three four helloooo hellooo I want the output to be one two three four (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stekanius
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines from text files

I have some files containing the following data # RESIDUE AA STRUCTURE BP1 BP2 ACC N-H-->O O-->H-N N-H-->O O-->H-N TCO KAPPA ALPHA PHI PSI X-CA Y-CA Z-CA 1 196 A M 0 0 230 0, 0.0 2,-0.2 0, 0.0 0, 0.0 0.000 360.0 360.0 360.0 76.4 21.7 -6.8 11.3 2 197 A D + 0 0 175 1,-0.1 2,-0.1 0, 0.0 0, 0.0... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: edweena
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
ARRAY_MAP(3)								 1							      ARRAY_MAP(3)

array_map - Applies the callback to the elements of the given arrays

SYNOPSIS
array array_map (callable $callback, array $array1, [array $...]) DESCRIPTION
array_map(3) returns an array containing all the elements of $array1 after applying the $callback function to each one. The number of parameters that the $callback function accepts should match the number of arrays passed to the array_map(3) PARAMETERS
o $callback - Callback function to run for each element in each array. o $array1 - An array to run through the $callback function. o $... - Variable list of array arguments to run through the $callback function. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing all the elements of $array1 after applying the $callback function to each one. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_map(3) example <?php function cube($n) { return($n * $n * $n); } $a = array(1, 2, 3, 4, 5); $b = array_map("cube", $a); print_r($b); ?> This makes $b have: Array ( [0] => 1 [1] => 8 [2] => 27 [3] => 64 [4] => 125 ) Example #2 array_map(3) using a lambda function (as of PHP 5.3.0) <?php $func = function($value) { return $value * 2; }; print_r(array_map($func, range(1, 5))); ?> Array ( [0] => 2 [1] => 4 [2] => 6 [3] => 8 [4] => 10 ) Example #3 array_map(3) - using more arrays <?php function show_Spanish($n, $m) { return("The number $n is called $m in Spanish"); } function map_Spanish($n, $m) { return(array($n => $m)); } $a = array(1, 2, 3, 4, 5); $b = array("uno", "dos", "tres", "cuatro", "cinco"); $c = array_map("show_Spanish", $a, $b); print_r($c); $d = array_map("map_Spanish", $a , $b); print_r($d); ?> The above example will output: // printout of $c Array ( [0] => The number 1 is called uno in Spanish [1] => The number 2 is called dos in Spanish [2] => The number 3 is called tres in Spanish [3] => The number 4 is called cuatro in Spanish [4] => The number 5 is called cinco in Spanish ) // printout of $d Array ( [0] => Array ( [1] => uno ) [1] => Array ( [2] => dos ) [2] => Array ( [3] => tres ) [3] => Array ( [4] => cuatro ) [4] => Array ( [5] => cinco ) ) Usually when using two or more arrays, they should be of equal length because the callback function is applied in parallel to the corre- sponding elements. If the arrays are of unequal length, shorter ones will be extended with empty elements to match the length of the long- est. An interesting use of this function is to construct an array of arrays, which can be easily performed by using NULL as the name of the callback function Example #4 Creating an array of arrays <?php $a = array(1, 2, 3, 4, 5); $b = array("one", "two", "three", "four", "five"); $c = array("uno", "dos", "tres", "cuatro", "cinco"); $d = array_map(null, $a, $b, $c); print_r($d); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => Array ( [0] => 1 [1] => one [2] => uno ) [1] => Array ( [0] => 2 [1] => two [2] => dos ) [2] => Array ( [0] => 3 [1] => three [2] => tres ) [3] => Array ( [0] => 4 [1] => four [2] => cuatro ) [4] => Array ( [0] => 5 [1] => five [2] => cinco ) ) If the array argument contains string keys then the returned array will contain string keys if and only if exactly one array is passed. If more than one argument is passed then the returned array always has integer keys. Example #5 array_map(3) - with string keys <?php $arr = array("stringkey" => "value"); function cb1($a) { return array ($a); } function cb2($a, $b) { return array ($a, $b); } var_dump(array_map("cb1", $arr)); var_dump(array_map("cb2", $arr, $arr)); var_dump(array_map(null, $arr)); var_dump(array_map(null, $arr, $arr)); ?> The above example will output: array(1) { ["stringkey"]=> array(1) { [0]=> string(5) "value" } } array(1) { [0]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(5) "value" [1]=> string(5) "value" } } array(1) { ["stringkey"]=> string(5) "value" } array(1) { [0]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(5) "value" [1]=> string(5) "value" } } SEE ALSO
array_filter(3), array_reduce(3), array_walk(3), information about the callback type. PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_MAP(3)