Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 (05/09) xNTPD Startup Failure - How to Fix Post 302352635 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 12th of September 2009 12:06:21 PM
Old 09-12-2009
what is the output of:
Code:
# ntpq -p

?

also note: please use CODE tags when you post output from terminal!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris second cd failure

We have a problem on a Sparc Ultra 5 box when installing solaris. We boot from the CD-ROM then go through the install procedure adding IP address, domain, routing details, hard disk layout etc.. The problem arises when asked for the 2nd CD at this point you do get the option to "skip"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

2. AIX

xntpd startup...Is it safe?

Hi, Have never run xntpd before. I have my ntp.conf file configured with server, trace file and drift file. I commented out the "broadcastclient" entry since I only want to get the time from a single source. Port 123 is in the /etc/services file for tcp and udp. Port 123 has been enabled in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DenD
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help] startup script on solaris 8

hi experts, i have some problem with my solaris 8 v890 server, is : the server running process called SS7 below is example process : PID STAT MODE HOST MUX OBJECT 384 ok LX|A USSDGmdn-1a spm/0 daemon 385 ok LX|A USSDGmdn-1a spm/2 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
0 Replies

4. Solaris

X server startup on Solaris 9

Hi, I have Solaris 9 installed on a SunFire V880. When the machine boots up, I get a message, "the X-server cannot be started on display:0". I searched the forum for possible solution, however, they are not applicable to my problem for two reasons: either the platform is different or the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: purveshkhatri
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Nis startup in Solaris 8

Hello How can I check to see when nis server is starting? I look at /etc/rc2.d/ but I don't see it in there. Every time we have power outage problem. I have to start autof service manual. So I think it might have to do with nis server services. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: congngo
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to fix bootstrap failure in unix V4.0D?

hi! my computer is... system: Digital Personal Workstation 433a Processor: Digital Alpha 21164, 433 MHz Memory: 64 MB Operating System: Digital Unix Console(SRM), Digital Unix V4.0D That computer is used for radar display. Application run on Unix. I have a problem now. I can't boot dkc0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akz
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 Express - freezes on startup!

I seem to be having a very irritating problem with my Solaris 11 Express fileserver which I built for my small home business. The basic problem is that the system will hang or freeze about 20 seconds into booting up. Grub comes up fine, and I can select between pre-napp-it and current build. It... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smokin Whale
13 Replies

8. Solaris

Is there a way to debug the startup on Solaris?

Is there a way to debug the startup on a VT100 running Solaris 5? I have a problem related to file attributes that are resetting to there prior settings when the machine reboots. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimcz2it
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 startup scripts

Hi all, I have a server in maintenance mode and need to boot it up. Its due to a broken service "RepX". I need to stop the service from trying to start at boot up but i can't find where it is booting up from... it is not in any of the rcX.d directories and the two locations i have found it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
6 Replies

10. Solaris

JVM startup script in Solaris

Hi, I've installed dynatrace on a SunOS(5.10) & I need to update its agent path in JVM start up script. Where can I find or which script starts JVM? Some Details here : Java location : /<server location>/oracle/forms/FRHome_1/jdk/jre/bin Please help me in this. I did some research... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj100
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)