Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: redirection entree sortie
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting redirection entree sortie Post 302352498 by Franklin52 on Friday 11th of September 2009 01:21:38 PM
Old 09-11-2009
Hello,

Per our forum rules, all users must write in English, use semi-formal or formal English language and style, and correct spelling errors.

The reason for this is that most software and operating systems are written in English and these are software related technical forums.

In addition, nearly 95% of all visitors to this site come here because they are referred by a search engine. In order for future searches on your post (with answers) to work well, you need to spell correctly!

So, as a benefit and courtesy to current and future knowledge seekers, please be careful with your language, check your spelling and correct your spelling errors. You might receive a forum infraction if you don't pay attention to this.

Also, do not write in cyberpunk or abbreviated chat style under any circumstances and do not use profanity. This is not a chat room, it is a formal knowledge base to serve you and everyone, of all ages and cultural backgrounds.

Thanks!

The UNIX and Linux Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Help with redirection

Here is my problem. I don't know make this redirection thing work. The output file (called output.c) looks like this #include<stdio.h> int main() { int k; int m; print f("%d\n", k); printf("%d\n", m); return 0; } the input file(called input.c) is this #include<stdio.h> int... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shallon1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirection

Hi, The code below works, it's a part of a bash shell script that serve to search a pattern $pattern_da_cercare in the files contained in a directory $directory_iniziale. Now the proble is: How can I redirect stderr to a file? PS: so I want to redirect ALL the errors to a file. I tryed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirection problem

hi all, how to redirect the stdout msg in command line and file at the same time? e.g i got the script named test.sh, content as following: #!/bin/sh echo "111" when i run the script ./test.sh > log.log, it will wirte the "111" into log.log, but how to show the "111" in command line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_wong_ch
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirection using csh

I have a csh script which I am using to run a program set data = $argv set inmod = $argv set nxz = $argv # Remove the file extension .pmod set data = ` echo $data | awk 'BEGIN { FS=".dat" } { print $1 }' ` set inmod = ` echo $inmod | awk 'BEGIN { FS=".vmod" } { print... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Redirection

Hi Guys, I m new to UNIX and new to this forum. Was wondering if someone can help me understand redirection (standard input output pipeline etc) for starters, not too sure what this would mean who | sort > sortedfile | pr | lp im starting to understand common commands but when throwing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmack123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I/O redirection

Hello everyone,I'm reading a book and there's code fragment: exec 3>&1 ls -l 2>&1 >&3 3>&- | grep bad 3>&- exec 3>&- It says that the red part of that code does not close fd 3 but the green does close the fd 3.I can't understand that.....Why?Any predicate will be appreciated.:) (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirection error

Hi i am facing a very strange problem suppose the parameters which i passed to the script is -o 140 then my code is as follows echo $* | awk '{ for ( i=0;i<=NF;i++){if ($i= -o) { print ${i+1} } } ' | read abc echo $abc abc=`echo $* | awk '{ for ( i=0;i<=NF;i++){if ($i= -o) { print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirection question

I want to redirect stderr and have the following peice of code $ cat t1.ksh #!/bin/ksh func2() { diff /tmp/jdlkwjdlkejew /tmp/djlkwejdlewdjew >$OUTPUT_FILE 2>>$ERR_FILE } func1() { let counter=0 while do print -u2 "Error: In main function" func2 let... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirection

Hello All, I am using the below script to gather various tools running by the user, we have more than 100 tools running on the server so my challenge is to redirect memory & cpu load to the file with the name of the tool.so am using the below script i am stucking how to redirect to the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about different redirection

explain the redirections 1>, 2>, 3>, ..... and 1< ,2<,3<..... where we use these things thanks Thread moved from AIX forum (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsurendra
2 Replies
spell(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          spell(1)

NAME
spell, hashmake, spellin, hashcheck - report spelling errors SYNOPSIS
spell [-bilvx] [ + local_file] [file] ... /usr/lib/spell/hashmake /usr/lib/spell/spellin n /usr/lib/spell/hashcheck spelling_list DESCRIPTION
The spell command collects words from the named files and looks them up in a spelling list. Words that neither occur among nor are deriv- able (by applying certain inflections, prefixes, or suffixes) from words in the spelling list are written to the standard output. If there are no file arguments, words to check are collected from the standard input. spell ignores most troff(1), tbl(1), and eqn(1) con- structs. Copies of all output words are accumulated in the history file (spellhist), and a stop list filters out misspellings (for example, their=thy-y+ier) that would otherwise pass. By default, spell (like deroff(1)) follows chains of included files (.so and .nx troff(1) requests), unless the names of such included files begin with /usr/lib. The standard spelling list is based on many sources, and while more haphazard than an ordinary dictionary, is also more effective in respect to proper names and popular technical words. Coverage of the specialized vocabularies of biology, medicine and chemistry is light. Three programs help maintain and check the hash lists used by spell: hashmake Reads a list of words from the standard input and writes the corresponding nine-digit hash code on the standard output. spellin Reads n hash codes from the standard input and writes a compressed spelling list on the standard output. hashcheck Reads a compressed spelling_list and recreates the nine-digit hash codes for all the words in it. It writes these codes on the standard output. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b Check British spelling. Besides preferring "centre," "colour," "programme," "speciality," "travelled," and so forth, this option insists upon -ise in words like "standardise." -i Cause deroff(1) to ignore .so and .nx commands. If deroff(1) is not present on the system, then this option is ignored. -l Follow the chains of all included files. -v Print all words not literally in the spelling list, as well as plausible derivations from the words in the spelling list. -x Print every plausible stem, one per line, with = preceding each word. +local_file Specify a set of words that are correct spellings (in addition to spell's own spelling list) for each job. local_file is the name of a user-provided file that contains a sorted list of words, one per line. Words found in local_file are removed from spell's output. Use sort(1) to order local_file in ASCII collating sequence. If this ordering is not followed, some entries in local_file may be ignored. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: file A path name of a text file to check for spelling errors. If no files are named, words are collected from the standard input. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of spell: LC_CTYPE, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
D_SPELL=/usr/lib/spell/hlist[ab] hashed spelling lists, American & British S_SPELL=/usr/lib/spell/hstop hashed stop list H_SPELL=/var/adm/spellhist history file /usr/share/lib/dict/words master dictionary ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
deroff(1), eqn(1), sort(1), tbl(1), troff(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Misspelled words can be monitored by default by setting the H_SPELL variable in /usr/bin/spell to the name of a file that has permission mode 666. spell works only on English words defined in the U.S. ASCII codeset. Because copies of all output are accumulated in the spellhist file, spellhist may grow quite large and require purging. BUGS
The spelling list's coverage is uneven; new installations may wish to monitor the output for several months to gather local additions. British spelling was done by an American. SunOS 5.10 14 Dec 1995 spell(1)