Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Newbie needs help with Xlib / X11 programming,dunno who to ask,but you :( Post 302352425 by fpmurphy on Friday 11th of September 2009 08:53:04 AM
Old 09-11-2009
Here is one tutorial: Xlib tutorial

Last edited by fpmurphy; 09-11-2009 at 09:59 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

programming question from a newbie, please help

Hi Everyone, I really hope I could get some insight from a few of you, I've been searching the net for various resources, and this board seems to be the friendliest and most helpful by far. I work for a medical research company and we use sun 4 and we have different studies that have their... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milenky
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Programming Newbie Chick

OK, so I'm trying to finish my last individual assignment for this course, and it's the first time I've visited a forum (I've actually understood UNIX up to this point). I am having trouble with this one. I have to write a program that prompts the user to type their first name and stores it in a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: metalgoddess21
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good source of X11 programming info?

Is there a good book or something on practical programming in X11? I have the O'Reilly X window system book set. They don't seem to cover the nuances very well (at least for me). So far the only thing I find on the web is the text from these books. Specifically, I'm looking for optimization... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: willil
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl newbie . &&..programming newbie (question 2)

Hello everyone, I am having to do a lot of perl scripting these days and I am learning a lot. I have this problem I want to move files from a folder and all its sub folders to one parent folder, they are all .gz files.. there is folder1\folder2\*.gz and there are about 50 folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xytiz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl newbie . &&..programming newbie

Hi, I am new to programming and also to perl..But i know 'perl' can come to my rescue, But I am stuck at many places and need help..any small help is much appreciated... below is the description of what i intend to acheive with my script. I have a files named in this format... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: xytiz
13 Replies

6. Programming

Xlib programming - Emulating left click press/released

Hi, Lately my university asked me to develop an application to be installed on some computers for the disabled. I've developed a head tracking software (it moves the cursor on the screen following your head's movements using a webcam), and it works greatly so far except for a missing feature.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BlackLight
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Programming newbie -help!!

Hi I am trying to learn shell script and i ran into an issue. I am trying to read a file with few directories and tar them up. I used a while loop but i end up overwriting tar file with only the last directory in the file being tared . cat test.txt | ( while read line do tar -czPf... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SPR
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Restacking x11/Xlib Window

I have a full screen top level window (application) on Solaris 10. We have a minimal window manager (DTWM), because of the critical nature of the app. On top of the first application, we have another application with a top level window, that covers the upper left area of the first application. Now,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JenniferKuiper
0 Replies

9. Programming

Low level X11 programming

How to use X11 without Xlib not XCB? How draw window directly on low level? I must use anyway window manager like Motif? I have ridden that X11 has server-client architecture, client send via TCP/IP to port 6000 request for primitives and get replies. Where is detailed description of it? In X11... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndrzejB
0 Replies

10. Programming

MOTIF programming and X11 client !

Hi there , i am interesting in MOTIF programming. One question : Is it right that in Motif GUI programming the actions are automaticly transformed and networked to other clients over the internet without network programming necessary ? Are the commands automatic transformed by the X11... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zabo
4 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)