Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting declaring array and move to next line in shell script Post 302352364 by dr.house on Friday 11th of September 2009 06:03:38 AM
Old 09-11-2009

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move the first line of a file to the end

I'm rather new to scripting, and despite my attempts at finding/writing a script to do what I need, I have not yet been successful. I have a file named "list.txt" of arbitrary length with contents in the following format: /home/user/Music/file1.mp3 /home/user/Music/file2.mp3... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Altay_H
21 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to move certain files on scheduled time

Hi Friends, I want a shell script which will move certain .jar files from a specified location (say /publish/content) to (/publish/archive) on every saturday morning 6 am. One more thing to add is that before moving files it must check free space at (/publish/archive), if it is more than 60 %... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to move files to 3 different folders

Hi guys: I've got this problem, I want to move a bunch of files to 3 different folders, without any specific order, and I'm trying to automatize it with a shell script. I'm a newbie at shell scripting so this is my first try: #!/bin/bash COUNTER=`ls -1 | wc -l` while do ARRAY=(... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wretchedmike
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to move a line after the matched pattern line

I have the following text format in a file which lists the question first and then 5 choices after that the explanantion and finally the answer. 1.The amount of time it takes for most of a worker’s occupational knowledge and skills to become obsolete has been declining because of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanchil_guy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move shell script from foreground to background

Hi, Need an urgent help. I have a program executing in foreground. I need to execute it in background and also to remove terminal dependency. Thanks In advance. 116@434 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 116@434
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a help to move control to another line in my script

I have menu option in my script and in that i have 4 options like below :- echo "Please select a target server .." echo " AIX - AIX1" echo " AIX - AIX2" echo " AIX - AIX3" echo " HP-UX - HP-UX1" echo "Enter your menu choice : \n" read tgtser ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to move files

Hi , I need a simple shell script to move the files from one directory to another directory after every 1 hour..!!! ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SARAL SAXENA
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell script to sync/move files that are not in use

Hello all. This may seem like a dumb/easy question but right now I have a little script I made that uses rsync to sync a directory that has files in it that may or may not be complete files. I want to come up with a better solution for this. What it is is I have a directory lets say /incomplete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxn00b
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PERL: Declaring Array

Is it possible to declare an array in the following way: @tmp = (@f,"String1","String2", "String3",@f); I'm getting the following error message: Array found where operator expected at Program.pl line 181, near "" (Missing semicolon on previous line?) ---------- Post updated at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass C shell array to another C shell script(csh) and shell(sh)

Dear Friends, Please help me on this my script name is send.csh In this i have written the statement like this set args = ( city state country price ) I want to pass this array to another c shell called receiver.csh. and i want to use it in this c shell or how to pass to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)