Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX IBM SAN Storage DS4700 - Copy Mirror Flashcopy Post 302352123 by tdiYUZER on Thursday 10th of September 2009 12:28:06 PM
Old 09-10-2009
You'll want to use Logical Drive Copy, not flash copy.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

mirror external scsi to san

Hi, How do I mirror an external scsi vg to one hdisk san? The vg has multiple hdisks and the san hdisk has only one. Is this possible or do I need to create the same hdisks as the scsi? What I meant is, if the scsi vg has 10 hdisk then I need to create also 10 hdisk of san with the same... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
6 Replies

2. AIX

IBM FastT600 SAN - RAID 5 Storage Manager Client v08.33.G5.03 - Recovery?

To summarize the problem: The "IBM FastT Storage Manager Client v8" shows that our Disk Farm is arranged into 6 logical drives each in a RAID 5 configuration. This software also shows that 5 of the 6 logical drives (from Disk Farm) are in a error state: "Failed Logical Drive - Drive Failure".... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aix-olympics
1 Replies

3. AIX

MPIO RDAC IBM SAN STORAGE DS4700 ?

Hello, I have AIX 6.1 with TL 4 and it is connected to IBM SAN STORAGE DS4700 After assigning some disks from SAN to AIX, I can see the disks in my AIX as hdisk2 Available 05-00-02 MPIO Other DS4K Array Disk hdisk3 Available 05-00-02 MPIO Other DS4K Array Disk But it should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Cannot see the IBM SAN storage

HI all, I had recently change the Server storage from EMC to the IBM SAN. but after the configuration, the IBM success to see the server HBA port and successfully assign a LUN for the server. When i go to the server, and restarted it. i use the "format" command to check, but din see any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storage from SAN

hi guys I installed Centos 5.5 (local disk). I am using 2 HBAs Now I mapped 5 LUNs from a Storage. I will be using LVM just to test I assigned a LUN I've read I have to use multipath to avoid my Centos see the LUN twice I enabled mdmpd and multipathd... something else I should do? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
8 Replies

6. AIX

IBM SAN storage -- cache battery

Hello, I have IBM SAN STORAGE DS4100 and one of the cache battery for the controller is dead. Suddenly the performance has been degraded and access to SAN disks ( reading and writing ) became very slow ? My query: Replacing the battery will take 6 days, so in the mean time what are the ways... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. AIX

IBM SAN STORAGE HOT SPARE DISK

Hello, I have DS4000 IBM SAN Storage ( aka FastT Storage ) One of my disks has failed and I had a hot spare disk covering all the arrays. As the disk failed, immediately the hotspare disk took over the failed disk ( see the JPEG in the attachment ) My Question: How can I make the hotspare... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. AIX

IBM SAN TO SAN Mirroring

Has anyone tried SAN to SAN mirroring on IBM DS SAN Storage. DS5020 mentions Enhanced Remote Mirror to multi-LUN applications I wonder if Oracle High availibility can be setup using Remote Mirror option of SAN ? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. AIX

IBM AIX - SAN Storage DS4300 issue

Hi, This is follow up to the post https://www.unix.com/aix/233361-san-disk-appearing-double-aix.html When I connected Pseries Machine HBA Card ( Dual Port ) directly to the SAN Storage DS4300 , I was able to see Host Port Adapter WWN numbers , although I was getting this message... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
LVSCAN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 LVSCAN(8)

NAME
lvscan - scan (all disks) for Logical Volumes SYNOPSIS
lvscan [-a|--all] [-b|--blockdevice] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [-P|--partial] [-v|--verbose] DESCRIPTION
lvscan scans all known volume groups or all supported LVM block devices in the system for defined Logical Volumes. The output consists of one line for each Logical Volume indicating whether or not it is active, a snapshot or origin, the size of the device and its allocation policy. Use lvs(8) or lvdisplay(8) to obtain more-comprehensive information about the Logical Volumes. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. --all Include information in the output about internal Logical Volumes that are components of normally-accessible Logical Volumes, such as mirrors, but which are not independently accessible (e.g. not mountable). For example, after creating a mirror using 'lvcreate -m1 --mirrorlog disk', this option will reveal three internal Logical Volumes, with suffixes mimage_0, mimage_1, and mlog. -b, --blockdevice This option is now ignored. Instead, use lvs(8) or lvdisplay(8) to obtain the device number. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvdisplay(8) lvs(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) LVSCAN(8)