Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Offsite Backup Solution
Operating Systems AIX Offsite Backup Solution Post 302352066 by ITAdmin08 on Thursday 10th of September 2009 10:00:15 AM
Old 09-10-2009
server OS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji_prk
There can be many solutions. which OS are the servers on?
The server that needs backed up is on UNIX-AIX 6. I would like to use a linux distro for the destination server, CentOS or Fedora. Eventually might go to RedHat.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

offsite backup for solaris

any hot sites out there for backup of a sun unix server. can't verify my tape backups and want a "disaster recovery" option (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbksman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

enterprise backup solution

We are using sun_sparc solaris 2.5.1 with oracle database 8.0.5 We are considering to buy for buying backup software for this purpose . Our systems integrator says veritas could not be installed due to some technical reasons (they are veritas authorised dealer) . And is suggesting Netvault... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun and backup solution

My company is in the process of building a new datacenter and I am responsible for setting up the backup environment (everything from racking to implementation). I guess it is pretty basic but I don't have much experience with the initial setup. What we have so far is a SunV890 (backup server), Sun... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jshwon
1 Replies

4. AIX

Backup solution

Hello, I'm looking for a backup solution for my system. I have 3 AIX virtual partitions running on a IBM p5 server. Each partition has it's data on a DS4700 storage server. Also, I have a RedHat running on an IBM p720. This server has the tape hardware. I would like to know if I can backup from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enzote
4 Replies

5. Linux

Backup solution

Hi all, i am not sure whether i selected the right topic or not, so excuse me, well i am mainly a Windows admin, but i do *NIX administration from time to time, for now i need to use an open source solution for backup windows environment mainly, i spent last days playing with bacula and backupPC,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
0 Replies

6. Solaris

OpenSource / Free backup and restore solution for Solaris 10

Is there any free /opensource backup&restore solution available for solaris10 i want to backup Solaris10 machine with oracle 9 version. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif_islam
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Considered basic but advanced outcome (Custom Backup Solution)

Ive a problem that I'm reaching out for help. Ive written (With bits and pieces) of script that is not running as expected or is having an issue causing processes to spiral out of control. The script does this: Unloads a UV database server Tars up a few folders Transfers the file to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: coastdweller
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup solution using rsync

Hello All, I am looking at a fast way to script some backups. I am looking at using rsync to do the leg work. I am having a hard time conceiving a script though. I have a tree with subfolders within subfolders. I was looking at the /xd option to parse the tree. Directory of k:\ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvamos
4 Replies
BDB.DB0(5)							AFS File Reference							BDB.DB0(5)

NAME
bdb.DB0, bdb.DBSYS1 - Contain the Backup Database and associated log DESCRIPTION
The bdb.DB0 file contains the Backup Database, which records configuration information used by the AFS Backup System along with cross- indexed records of the tapes created and volumes dumped using the Backup System commands. The bdb.DBSYS1 file is a log file in which the Backup Server (buserver process) logs each database operation before performing it. When an operation is interrupted, the Backup Server replays the log to complete the operation. Both files are in binary format and reside in the /var/lib/openafs/db directory on each database server machine that runs the Backup Server. When the Backup Server starts or restarts on a given machine, it establishes a connection with its peers and verifies that its copy of the bdb.DB0 file matches the copy on the other database server machines. If not, the Backup Servers use AFS's distributed database technology, Ubik, to distribute to all of the machines the copy of the database with the highest version number. Use the commands in the backup suite to administer the Backup Database. It is advisable to create a backup copy of the bdb.DB0 file on tape on a regular basis, using the UNIX tar command or another local disk backup utility. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_savedb(8), buserver(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BDB.DB0(5)