Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting diagonal matrix to square matrix Post 302351879 by summer_cherry on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 11:39:21 PM
Old 09-10-2009
another perl for your reference:

Code:
open FH,"<a.txt";
while(<FH>){
  my @tmp = split;
  $hash{$.}=[@tmp];
  if ($.==1){
   print;
  }
  else{
    for(my $i=1;$i<=$.-1;$i++){
       print $hash{$i}->[$.-$i]," ";
    }
    print $_;
  }
}

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

matrix pointer

Can anyone tell me what the following statements do? float (*tab); tab=(float (*)) calloc(MAXCLASS, (MAXCLASS+1)*sizeof(float)); (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matrix

Hi All I would like to merge multiple files with the same row and column size into a matrix format In a folder I have multiple files in the following format vi 12.txt a 1 b 5 c 7 d 0 vi 45.txt a 3 b 6 c 9 d 2 vi 9.txt a 4 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
7 Replies

3. Ubuntu

How to convert full data matrix to linearised left data matrix?

Hi all, Is there a way to convert full data matrix to linearised left data matrix? e.g full data matrix Bh1 Bh2 Bh3 Bh4 Bh5 Bh6 Bh7 Bh1 0 0.241058 0.236129 0.244397 0.237479 0.240767 0.245245 Bh2 0.241058 0 0.240594 0.241931 0.241975 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: evoll
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk? adjacency matrix to adjacency list / correlation matrix to list

Hi everyone I am very new at awk but think that that might be the best strategy for this. I have a matrix very similar to a correlation matrix and in practical terms I need to convert it into a list containing the values from the matrix (one value per line) with the first field of the line (row... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonkey
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Table to Matrix

Hi, I have a table in the format: 1 0 -1 1 0 2 0 1 -1 0 0 0 3 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 etc. I am trying to input this to a program, however it is complaining about the fact that it is not in matrix format. How do I add 0's to end of the rows to make them even? Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhavin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Square matrix to columns

Hello all, I am quite new in this but I need some help to keep going with my analysis. I am struggling with a short script to read a square matrix and convert it in two collumns. A B C D A 0.00 0.06 0.51 0.03 B 0.06 0.00 0.72 0.48 C 0.51 0.72 0.00 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: EvaAM
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maybe by AWK: printing help diagonal matrix characters into line

Hi Experts, I want to print this charts diagonal data into straight lines. This is a matrix 24X24 Horizontal and vertical. - I want to print all the diagonal cutting characters into straight line: Data: E F S S A H A L L A T M C N O T S O B O D U Q H I W I B N L O C N I L N L A N S I N... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

MATRIX to CSV

Hello friends, A big question for the UNIX INTELLIGENCE I have a CSV file as follows: VALUE,USER1,relatedUSER1,relatedUSER2 -1,userA,userB,userC 1,userN,userD,userB 0,userF,userH,userG 0,userT,userH,userB 1,userN,userB,userA -1,userA,userF,userC 0,userF,userH,userG... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraterions
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Matrix multiplication

I have two files. Row id in File1 matches the column id in file2 (starting from column7 )except the last 2 characters. File1 has 50 rows and File 2 has 56 columns. If the id matches I want to multiply the value in column3 of File1 to the entire column in File2. and in the final output print only... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akang
11 Replies
Tree::Simple::Visitor::CreateDirectoryTree(3pm) 	User Contributed Perl Documentation	   Tree::Simple::Visitor::CreateDirectoryTree(3pm)

NAME
Tree::Simple::Visitor::CreateDirectoryTree - A Visitor for create a set of directories and files from a Tree::Simple object SYNOPSIS
use Tree::Simple::Visitor::CreateDirectoryTree; # create a Tree::Simple object which # represents a directory heirarchy my $tree = Tree::Simple->new("www/") ->addChildren( Tree::Simple->new("conf/") ->addChildren( Tree::Simple->new("startup.pl"), Tree::Simple->new("httpd.conf") ), Tree::Simple->new("cgi-bin/"), Tree::Simple->new("ht_docs/"), Tree::Simple->new("logs/") ->addChildren( Tree::Simple->new("error.log"), Tree::Simple->new("access.log") ), ); # create an instance of our visitor my $visitor = Tree::Simple::Visitor::CreateDirectoryTree->new(); # pass the visitor to a Tree::Simple object $tree->accept($visitor); # the www/ directory now mirrors the structure of the tree DESCRIPTION
This visitor can be used to create a set of directories and files from a Tree::Simple object hierarchy. METHODS
new There are no arguments to the constructor the object will be in its default state. You can use the "setNodeFilter", "setFileHandler" and "setDirectoryHandler" methods to customize its behavior. setNodeFilter ($filter_function) This method accepts a CODE reference as its $filter_function argument and throws an exception if it is not a code reference. This code reference is used to filter the tree nodes as they are used to create the directory tree, it can be basically used as a node pre- processor. An example usage of this might be to enforce the 8.3 naming rules of DOS, or the 32 character limit of older macintoshes. setFileHandler ($file_handler) This method accepts a CODE reference as its $file_handler argument and throws an exception if it is not a CODE reference. This method can be used to create custom file creation behavior. The default behavior is to just create the file and nothing else, but by using this method it is possible to implement some other custom behavior, such as creating a file based on a template. The function is passed the full path of the file to be created (as built by File::Spec). setDirectoryHandler ($dir_handler) This method accepts a CODE reference as its $dir_handler argument and throws an exception if it is not a CODE reference. This method can be used to create custom directory creation behavior. The default behavior is to just create the directory and nothing else, but by using this method it is possible to implement some other custom behavior, such as creating a directory on a remote server. The function is passed the full path of the directory to be created (as built by File::Spec). visit ($tree) This is the method that is used by Tree::Simple's "accept" method. It can also be used on its own, it requires the $tree argument to be a Tree::Simple object (or derived from a Tree::Simple object), and will throw and exception otherwise. The tree is processed as follows: Any node which is not a leaf is considered a directory. Obviously since files themselves are leaf nodes, this makes sense that non-leaves will be directories. Any node (including leaf nodes) which ends in either the character "/" or "" is considered a directory. I think it is a pretty standard convention to have directory names ending in a separator. The separator itself is stripped off before the directory name is passed to File::Spec where the platform specific directory path is created. This means that it does not matter which one you use, it will be completely cross platform (at least as cross-platform as File::Spec is). All other nodes are considered to be files. BUGS
None that I am aware of. Of course, if you find a bug, let me know, and I will be sure to fix it. CODE COVERAGE
See the CODE COVERAGE section in Tree::Simple::VisitorFactory for more inforamtion. SEE ALSO
These Visitor classes are all subclasses of Tree::Simple::Visitor, which can be found in the Tree::Simple module, you should refer to that module for more information. AUTHOR
stevan little, <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004, 2005 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-02-18 Tree::Simple::Visitor::CreateDirectoryTree(3pm)