Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX PROBLEM: RSYNC and no user password "secrets" Post 302351876 by tfort73 on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 10:59:58 PM
Old 09-09-2009
Question PROBLEM: RSYNC and no user password "secrets"

OK, I am stuck and could use some help here.

I have a RSYNC script that I wrote to where I would like to have the users password "never" initiated. I been trying to get the /etc/rsyncd.secrets file to work, but keep getting error messages. But I think it has to do with the way my script is setup. Take a look at my script and fill me in on any ideas.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/sh

RSYNC=/usr/local/bin/rsync
PASSWD=~/.rsyncd.secrets
SSH=/usr/local/bin/ssh
KEY=/come/out/and/play/.ssh2/id_dsa_2048_a
RUSER=mickey
RHOST=disney
RPATH=/come/out/and/play/PROD
LPATH=/come/out/and/play/DEVL

$RSYNC -ae "$SSH -i $KEY" $LPATH $RUSER@$RHOST $PASSWD:$RPATH

Here is the error code I get when I run this script:
Code:
link_stat mickey@disney : No such file or directory
mkstemp  failed: No such file or directory
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(620)

Well any ideas would be greatful!!

-Thanks!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user password keeps "unsuccessful attempts"

i had a user who informed that when he tried to login he got this " too many unsuccessful attepmpts" this has happened regularly and he did not forget his password. i suspect that somebody tried to change. so i did some checks. i did a last, and found that nobody uses this sipo other than... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

communicating wth another user aside from "wall" and "write"

Hi, Can anyone suggest a Unix command or c-shell algorithm to simulate to behavior of "wall" command minus the "all users"? What I'm trying to do is to send a notice to just one particular user but i dont want other remotely-logged-on users to receive the message (on the pseudo-terminals). I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing password with sudo user " permission denied"

HI All, I am using solaris i created a user adam and updated his permissions in vi sudoers file as follows adam ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWORD: ALL ........... when i create user by logging as sudo user . $ sudo useradd -d /home/kalyan -m -s /bin/sh kalyan sudo: not found ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies