Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users "relocation error" when installing app Post 302351834 by treesloth on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 05:23:31 PM
Old 09-09-2009
"relocation error" when installing app

I'm trying to install Urchin5 log analyzer and I get the following message:

Quote:
Retrieving the Urchin 5 license ...
/bin/sh: relocation error: /lib-es4/tls/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_out_of_memory, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux.so.2 with link time reference
ERROR: Unable to obtain permanent Urchin 5 license.
Sadly, I'm not all that good at lib tracing and troubleshooting, but I did attempt a few things. First, since this is a VPS, I can compare to the baseline fileset, and other servers on which this works. I used MD5 as a quick preliminary check and got identical values for /lib-es4/tls/libc.so.6 and /lib/ld-linux.so.2. I also did:

Code:
 #nm /lib/ld-linux.so.2 | grep _dl_out_of_memory
00017467 r _dl_out_of_memory
# nm /lib-es4/ld-linux.so.2 | grep _dl_out_of_memory
000132c0 R _dl_out_of_memory
000132c0 r _dl_out_of_memory_internal

I also checked for rogue copies of the libraries mentioned and the existence/MD5 sigs of dependencies:
Code:
# ldd /lib-es4/tls/libc.so.6
        /usr/lib/libcwait.so (0xb7f21000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7f26000)
# md5 /usr/lib/libcwait.so /skel/usr/lib/libcwait.so
ed5423011767e398d687788b665357b1  /usr/lib/libcwait.so
ed5423011767e398d687788b665357b1  /skel/usr/lib/libcwait.so
# ldd /lib/ld-linux.so.2
        statically linked

So, afaik, everything that should be in place is, but clearly the installation fails and is offended by something related to the libraries. How in the world is a problem like this troubleshot? Is this problem familiar to anyone? Many thanks in advance.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

ERROR: more than one instance of overloaded function "vprintf" has "C" linkage

Hi people! I've got this own library: -------------------------------------------- Personal.h -------------------------------------------- #ifdef __cplusplus extern "C" { #endif #include <stdio.h> #include <stdarg.h> #include <string.h> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donatoll
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Need to identify the process/app which is triggering the error "vmunix: file: table is full"

Hi, I'm seeing the error vmunix: file: table is full in syslog.log. Although changing the value of the kernel parameter nfile would make this error go away, how would I identify which process/application in the server is triggering this error? The server is a HP-UX B.11.11. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enchogas
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
PLXLOAD(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       PLXLOAD(1p)

NAME
plxload - show what files a perl program loads at compile time SYNOPSYS
$ plxload DESCRIPTION
This program is used to show what modules a program would load at compile time via "use". Because this installs an at-exit handler and then uses Perl's -c flag for compile only, it will not find modules loaded at run-time. Use the Devel::Loaded module for that. EXAMPLES
$ plxload perldoc /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Exporter.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/strict.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/vars.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux/Config.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Getopt/Std.pm $ plxload /usr/src/perl5.005_54/installhtml /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Carp.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Exporter.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/auto/Getopt/Long/autosplit.ix /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/strict.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/vars.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Pod/Functions.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Getopt/Long.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux/Config.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/lib.pm /home/tchrist/perllib/Pod/Html.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Cwd.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/AutoLoader.pm SEE ALSO
Devel::Loaded and pmload(1). AUTHORS and COPYRIGHTS Copyright (C) 1999 Tom Christiansen. Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Mark Leighton Fisher. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: (a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or (b) the Perl "Artistic License". (This is the Perl 5 licensing scheme.) Please note this is a change from the original pmtools-1.00 (still available on CPAN), as pmtools-1.00 were licensed only under the Perl "Artistic License". perl v5.10.1 2010-02-22 PLXLOAD(1p)