Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting special characters giving problem Post 302351770 by sam25 on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 12:08:20 PM
Old 09-09-2009
This is not working..

No value coming to Vriable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

special characters

I have one file which is named ^? ( the DEL character ) I'd like to know how to rename or copy the file by using its i-node number TYIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nawnaw
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

utf-8, problem with special characters

Hi all, We are facing the following problem in our HP-UX machine: software that manipulates utf-8 encoded strings (e.g. during string cut), fails to correctly manipulate strings (all containing Greek characters) that contain special characters like @, &, # etc. Actually, in different... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alina
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters

When I open a file in vi, I see the following characters: \302\240 Can someone explain what these characters mean. Is it ASCII format? I need to trim those characters from a file. I am doing the following: tr -d '\302\240' ---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sid1982
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see special characters?

Hi all, I was wondering how can i see the special characters like \t, \n or anything else in a file by using Nano or any other linux command like less, more etc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters

Hey guys, I'm trying to replace "]Facebook" from the text but sed 's/]Facebook/Johan/g' is not working could you please help me with that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to tail file; problem with awk and special characters

Trying to use code that I found to send only new lines out of a log file by doing: while :; do temp=$(tail -1 logfile.out) awk "/$last/{p=1}p" logfile.out #pipe this to log analyzer program last="$temp" sleep 10 done Script works fine when logfile is basic text, but when it contains... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moo72moo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script is giving different resultControlled Special Account [csdwmast@ucdoud01.am.sony.com

Hi All, In this below script i am not able to find where is "form mail id" is taking when this script is executing i am getting "Controlled Special Account " as from ,i need to send "form mail id " from a table.:mad: kindly help me plzz. Regards, Krupa (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Special characters in file

Hi, I am facing a below problem. Inorder to mak sure the below file is fixed width i am using the following command awk '{printf("%-375s\n", $0) } so as to add trailing spaces at the end for records of length less than 375. Input file > inp.txt 1©1234 1234 123©1 The output file is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcus_kosaman
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with special characters....

grep -i "$line,$opline" COMBO_JUNK|awk -F, ' { C4+=$4 } { } END { print C4 } ' OFS=,` when i run this command in the script.... it o/p all the value as 0 if $line contains any special parameters..... but the same script if i run in command prompt... it shows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies
NG_DEVICE(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					      NG_DEVICE(4)

NAME
ng_device -- device netgraph node type SYNOPSIS
#include <netgraph/ng_device.h> DESCRIPTION
A device node is both a netgraph node and a system device interface. When a device node is created, a new device entry appears which is accessible via the regular file operators such as open(2), close(2), read(2), write(2), etc. The first node is created as /dev/ngd0, all subsequent nodes /dev/ngd1, /dev/ngd2, etc. HOOKS
A device node has a single hook with an arbitrary name. All data coming in over the hook will be presented to the device for read(2). All data coming in from the device entry by write(2) will be forwarded to the hook. CONTROL MESSAGES
The device node supports one non-generic control message: NGM_DEVICE_GET_DEVNAME Returns device name corresponding to a node. SHUTDOWN
This node shuts down upon receipt of a NGM_SHUTDOWN control message, or upon hook disconnection. The associated device entry is removed and becomes available for use by future device nodes. SEE ALSO
netgraph(4), ngctl(8) HISTORY
The device node type was first implemented in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net> Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org> BSD
October 19, 2004 BSD