Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting string to date in perl Post 302351747 by radoulov on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 11:07:07 AM
Old 09-09-2009
Code:
perl '-MPOSIX qw(strftime)'  -le'
    $last_date = "6/2/2009";
    @dt = split /\//, $last_date;
    print strftime( "%B %d %Y %I:%M%p", 0, 0, 0, $dt[1], $dt[0] - 1,
        $dt[2] - 1900 );
  '

There is also ParseDate from Date::Manip.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

converting character string to hex string

HI Hi I have a character string which contains some special characters and I need it to display as a hex string. For example, the sample i/p string: ×¥ïA Å gïÛý and the o/p should be : D7A5EF4100C5010067EFDBFD Any pointers or sample code pls. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

a simple way of converting a date in seconds to normal date

Hi all! I'm working on a HPUX system, and I was wondering if there is a simple way to convert a date from seconds (since 1970) to a normal date. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: travian
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a date format from a file an replace with a string in PERL

I am very new to Perl. I am struggling so hard to search a date (such as 10/09/2009, 10-09-2009) from a text file and replace with a string (say DATE) using Perl. Please help me out. Thanks in advance. Regds Doren (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL String to Date (Custom format yyyymmdd to dd-mon-yyyy)

Hi All, I am learning PERL for one of the projects, and in one of these scripts, I read a flat text file and print in the terminal. The problem is, the text file has a date field. The format is yyyymmdd. I need to display this as dd-mon-yyyy. Any ideas to do this? Thanks a lot for the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting date string to different formats

Sucks to be a noob :o See my last post for solution I have 3 different log formats and the filenames contain a date. I am trying to write a script to grep these files between two date ranges. I am now stuck at the date conversion bit. I let the user entered a date string in the format... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanJulian
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format check and replace string in PERL

I have got few date format patterns like "yyyymmdd", "yy_mm_dd" etc. There can be any combination of such patterns. I have used add_delta_days to find "yyyy", "yy", "mm", "dd" for the current date and saved them to different variables like "$y1", "$y2", "$m1" etc In one line, i want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a date to friday date and finding Min/Max date

Dear all, I have 2 questions. I have a file with many rows which has date of the format YYYYMMDD. 1. I need to change the date to that weeks friday date(Ex: 20120716(monday) to 20120720). Satuday/Sunday has to be changed to next week friday date too. 2. After converting the date to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting string date time to unix time in AWK

I'd like to convert a date string in the form of sun aug 19 09:03:10 EDT 2012, to unixtime timestamp using awk. I tried This is how each line of the file looks like, different date and time in this format Sun Aug 19 08:33:45 EDT 2012, user1(108.6.217.236) all: test on the 17th ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkkid
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me days to a date string in PERL

Please help me n days to a date string in PERL. Date is of the format YYYYMMDD ---------- Post updated at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:54 AM ---------- Add n days (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahoo
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting String Date into UNIX Date

Hi, I have a string date to my unix script(sun solaris). I wanted to convert it into unix date so that I can use it in a conditional statement. Please see below: MyTest.sh -s 2018-05-09 suppdt=$1 # string date passed via arguement as 2018-04-09 curryr=`date '+%Y'` nextyr=`expr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
2 Replies
Date::Format(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Date::Format(3)

NAME
Date::Format - Date formating subroutines SYNOPSIS
use Date::Format; @lt = localtime(time); print time2str($template, time); print strftime($template, @lt); print time2str($template, time, $zone); print strftime($template, @lt, $zone); print ctime(time); print asctime(@lt); print ctime(time, $zone); print asctime(@lt, $zone); DESCRIPTION
This module provides routines to format dates into ASCII strings. They correspond to the C library routines "strftime" and "ctime". time2str(TEMPLATE, TIME [, ZONE]) "time2str" converts "TIME" into an ASCII string using the conversion specification given in "TEMPLATE". "ZONE" if given specifies the zone which the output is required to be in, "ZONE" defaults to your current zone. strftime(TEMPLATE, TIME [, ZONE]) "strftime" is similar to "time2str" with the exception that the time is passed as an array, such as the array returned by "localtime". ctime(TIME [, ZONE]) "ctime" calls "time2str" with the given arguments using the conversion specification "%a %b %e %T %Y " asctime(TIME [, ZONE]) "asctime" calls "time2str" with the given arguments using the conversion specification "%a %b %e %T %Y " MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT Date::Format is capable of formating into several languages by creating a language specific object and calling methods, see Date::Language my $lang = Date::Language->new('German'); $lang->time2str("%a %b %e %T %Y ", time); I am open to suggestions on this. CONVERSION SPECIFICATION
Each conversion specification is replaced by appropriate characters as described in the following list. The appropriate characters are determined by the LC_TIME category of the program's locale. %% PERCENT %a day of the week abbr %A day of the week %b month abbr %B month %c MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS %C ctime format: Sat Nov 19 21:05:57 1994 %d numeric day of the month, with leading zeros (eg 01..31) %e like %d, but a leading zero is replaced by a space (eg 1..32) %D MM/DD/YY %G GPS week number (weeks since January 6, 1980) %h month abbr %H hour, 24 hour clock, leading 0's) %I hour, 12 hour clock, leading 0's) %j day of the year %k hour %l hour, 12 hour clock %L month number, starting with 1 %m month number, starting with 01 %M minute, leading 0's %n NEWLINE %o ornate day of month -- "1st", "2nd", "25th", etc. %p AM or PM %P am or pm (Yes %p and %P are backwards :) %q Quarter number, starting with 1 %r time format: 09:05:57 PM %R time format: 21:05 %s seconds since the Epoch, UCT %S seconds, leading 0's %t TAB %T time format: 21:05:57 %U week number, Sunday as first day of week %w day of the week, numerically, Sunday == 0 %W week number, Monday as first day of week %x date format: 11/19/94 %X time format: 21:05:57 %y year (2 digits) %Y year (4 digits) %Z timezone in ascii. eg: PST %z timezone in format -/+0000 %d, %e, %H, %I, %j, %k, %l, %m, %M, %q, %y and %Y can be output in Roman numerals by prefixing the letter with "O", e.g. %OY will output the year as roman numerals. LIMITATION
The functions in this module are limited to the time range that can be represented by the time_t data type, i.e. 1901-12-13 20:45:53 GMT to 2038-01-19 03:14:07 GMT. AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2009 Graham Barr. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2009-12-12 Date::Format(3)