Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to run a script automatically Post 302351731 by sam25 on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 10:31:35 AM
Old 09-09-2009
How to run a script automatically

Hi All,

How can i run a script every week automatically.

Thanks & regards,
Sam

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run a script automatically ?????

Hi All, How to run a script automatically using cronjob everyday from Monday to Friday 9A.M to 5P.M at an interval of ONE HOUR.I want the complete syntax means how to put in the cron job and there after. URGENTLY NEED HELP THANKS IN ADVANCE CHEERS Arunava (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunava_maity
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run a Script automatically

How to make a script run automatically using a cron?? i do not know abt cron...... if i have simple.sh file and i need this to run everyday at a particular time what needs to be done thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamsa
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run shell script automatically

hi , i m trying to run bash scrip automaticially but i dont know how i can do this an anybody tell me how i can autorun shell script when i logon . thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahir23
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically run bash script

Hi! I want to run/execute a bash script automatically everytime when a specific file is created or when its timestamp changes. Is this possible? How? Thank you very much for your answers in advance, Regards, Christoph (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckofler
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable has no value if run the script automatically/scheduled

Hi All, I am using ksh as the shell. I have a script that should store variable after executing "onstat" on informix. I can execute it successfully without any issue if run manually, however the value is not showing up when run automatically(scheduled). Is there anything needed to make the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to run a script automatically when AIX version 7 server reboots?

Am new to AIX please help me. I have AIX7 server. When ever the system reboots my script need to run automatically. This will help me to start my application automatically after the server reboot. Thanks, Prince Wells (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run script automatically on reboot as root user?

Hi friends,,, I am running one server on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-bit, some times my pc restarts automatically, with no reason, I have a script to start server which requires root password. in this directory /myserver/start_server.sh How can I do this ? and some scripts I am having that I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run script automatically every 12 hour once?

Hi ! all, I have once script to remove temporary cache and temporary xml files looks like this, as it is taking more space, I would like to run automatically every 12 hour once, and then I want to receive some log as acknowledgement #!/bin/sh echo "Removing logs and temp files (typically... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script before and after reboot automatically and send output to two locations.

Hello Team . I am working a health check script ( bash) to run on linux server ( RedHat) and requirements are 1. The o/p of script need to be send to two diff files . I am testing with tee command . But I am not successful yet , any recommendations if that is the right approach ? 2. The same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varja
2 Replies
SHUNIT2(1)																SHUNIT2(1)

NAME
shunit2 - A unit test framework for shell scripts SYNOPSIS
shunit2 unitfile DESCRIPTION
shUnit2 is a xUnit unit test framework for Bourne based shell scripts, and it is designed to work in a similar manner to JUnit, PyUnit, etc.. If you have ever had the desire to write a unit test for a shell script, shUnit2 can do the job. You can either run shunit2 directly from the commandline and specify the unit file or directly source the shunit2 executable. If you directly execute shunit2 and don't specify a unitfile shunit2 assumes a empty testfile and will return without an error message. EXAMPLE
Simple script to test if 1 equals 1 #! /bin/sh testEquality() { assertEquals 1 1 } # load shunit2 . shunit2 Execute shUnit2 unit tests directly from the commandline shunit2 /path/to/unit/file OPTIONS
shunit2 does not support any commandline options at all. You can either source shunit2 to execute your unit tests or directly run shunit2 as a commandline script. SEE ALSO
For more information see http://code.google.com/p/shunit2/ or have a look at the installed documentation in /usr/share/doc/shunit2/ AUTHOR
shunit2 was written by Kate Ward <kate.ward@forestent.com>. This manpage was written by Ulrich Dangel <mru@spamt.net>. 2.1.6 03/25/2012 SHUNIT2(1)