Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl regular expression for exclude specific ip range Post 302351711 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 09:49:51 AM
Old 09-09-2009
I hope someone who's familiar with perl can give you the solution since I'm not familiar with it.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression help in perl

Hi all, I am trying to match a multi line string and return the matching string in one line. Here is the perl code that I wrote: #!/usr/bin/perl my $str='<title>My title</title>'; if ($str =~ /(<title>)(+)(<\/title>)/ ){ print "$2\n"; } It returns : My title I want the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdubey
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: Print range, exclude regular expressions.

Ok, so I get that: sed -n '/START/,/END/p' file ...will print every line from START to END inclusive, but I don't want to see START or END. Apart from the obious: sed -n '/START/,/END/p' file | grep -v "START" | grep -v "END" ...is there a simpler way of doing this? Thanks as always! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cs03dmj
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression in perl

hi, i want to extract the sessionID from this line. QnA Session Id : here the output should be-- QnA_SessionID=128589 Thanks NT (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression to exclude pattern

Hi All I am using regular expressions to determine how to group certain data. I've included an example of the data below. USD_SPTR_2Y_725.5_PUT_EUROPEAN_09Q1|USD||European| CAD_NDX_10Yx1Y_5.5_PUT_EUROPEAN_09Q1|CAD||European| The regular expressions I am using is as follows and this is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpin2502
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression in Perl

Hi, I need and expression for a word like abc_xyz_ykklm The expresion should indicate that the word starts with abc and end with ykklm but does not contain xyz string in the middle. Example: abc_tmn_ykklm is ok and abc_xyz_ykklm is not Ok. Please help. Regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asth
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Regular Expression

Hello, I am trying to use perl LWP module to read and get a specfic URL page. The issue is that the URL ends with the data and time and time is not consistent it changes all the time. if anyone could help me how to write a regular expressin that would work in the LWP::UserAgent get function to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bataf
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hidden Characters in Regular Expression Matching Perl - Perl Newbie

I am completely new to perl programming. My father is helping me learn said programming language. However, I am stuck on one of the assignments he has given me, and I can't find very much help with it via google, either because I have a tiny attention span, or because I can be very very dense. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittyluva2
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regular expression help!

Hi I am doing something basic like... if ($stringvariable =~ /have not typed/) I have a little problem because the 'not' in the expression gets highlighted as a kind of a '!'..what am I supposed to do in this situation? Thank you ---------- Post updated at 03:24 PM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
1 Replies

9. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regular expression

Hi , I have the below array my @actionText = ("delivered to governor on 21/23/3345" , "deliver jllj" , "ram 2345/43"); When i am trying to grep the contents of array and if mathced substituting with the digitis or some date format from the element like below my @action = grep { $_ =~... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragilla
7 Replies
integer(3perl)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    integer(3perl)

NAME
integer - Perl pragma to use integer arithmetic instead of floating point SYNOPSIS
use integer; $x = 10/3; # $x is now 3, not 3.33333333333333333 DESCRIPTION
This tells the compiler to use integer operations from here to the end of the enclosing BLOCK. On many machines, this doesn't matter a great deal for most computations, but on those without floating point hardware, it can make a big difference in performance. Note that this only affects how most of the arithmetic and relational operators handle their operands and results, and not how all numbers everywhere are treated. Specifically, "use integer;" has the effect that before computing the results of the arithmetic operators (+, -, *, /, %, +=, -=, *=, /=, %=, and unary minus), the comparison operators (<, <=, >, >=, ==, !=, <=>), and the bitwise operators (|, &, ^, <<, >>, |=, &=, ^=, <<=, >>=), the operands have their fractional portions truncated (or floored), and the result will have its fractional portion truncated as well. In addition, the range of operands and results is restricted to that of familiar two's complement integers, i.e., -(2**31) .. (2**31-1) on 32-bit architectures, and -(2**63) .. (2**63-1) on 64-bit architectures. For example, this code use integer; $x = 5.8; $y = 2.5; $z = 2.7; $a = 2**31 - 1; # Largest positive integer on 32-bit machines $, = ", "; print $x, -$x, $x + $y, $x - $y, $x / $y, $x * $y, $y == $z, $a, $a + 1; will print: 5.8, -5, 7, 3, 2, 10, 1, 2147483647, -2147483648 Note that $x is still printed as having its true non-integer value of 5.8 since it wasn't operated on. And note too the wrap-around from the largest positive integer to the largest negative one. Also, arguments passed to functions and the values returned by them are not affected by "use integer;". E.g., srand(1.5); $, = ", "; print sin(.5), cos(.5), atan2(1,2), sqrt(2), rand(10); will give the same result with or without "use integer;" The power operator "**" is also not affected, so that 2 ** .5 is always the square root of 2. Now, it so happens that the pre- and post- increment and decrement operators, ++ and --, are not affected by "use integer;" either. Some may rightly consider this to be a bug -- but at least it's a long-standing one. Finally, "use integer;" also has an additional affect on the bitwise operators. Normally, the operands and results are treated as unsigned integers, but with "use integer;" the operands and results are signed. This means, among other things, that ~0 is -1, and -2 & -5 is -6. Internally, native integer arithmetic (as provided by your C compiler) is used. This means that Perl's own semantics for arithmetic operations may not be preserved. One common source of trouble is the modulus of negative numbers, which Perl does one way, but your hardware may do another. % perl -le 'print (4 % -3)' -2 % perl -Minteger -le 'print (4 % -3)' 1 See "Pragmatic Modules" in perlmodlib, "Integer Arithmetic" in perlop perl v5.14.2 2010-12-30 integer(3perl)