Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to understand disk layout and where are the free space Post 302351657 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 07:53:40 AM
Old 09-09-2009
as already told: the disk has an EFI not an SMI label...
SunBlog: Changing a disk label (EFI / SMI)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

free disk space calc

I everybody!! How can i use statvfs() to calculate disk usage and free disk space?? Im using this code: /* Any file on the filesystem in question */ char *filename = "/home/nesto/test/test.cpp"; struct statvfs buf; if (!statvfs(filename, &buf)) { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ninjanesto
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX Free disk space

Hello, I would like to free some space to install gcc with is about 50M large, and I have no free space on my system. What can I delete? Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Free %Used Iused Ifree %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 262144 145436 116708 56% 7981 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
10 Replies

3. Solaris

command to get the total disk space (available + free)

is there a command to get the total disk space (available + free) on the solaris server ? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Disk free space planning for Sol 10 LU

I'm getting ready to start a LU from Sol 9 to Solaris 10. I want to ensure that I have enough disk space for future upgrades. What I don't know is what free space Solaris requires. If I have 10GB of free space in /opt, will Solaris 10 use that for a LU? Or, do I need to allocate 10GB of space... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeekstern
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Free space at disk

Hi, I would like to create the new file system(mount point) in our unix server. before that i would like to know the total free space available in /home directory. Can you please let me know, how to find free space available for new filesystem? Be careful with your spelling and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable to free space due to inode in use by database

Hi, I am having similar issue showing filesystem 100% even after deleting the files. I understood the issue after going through this chain. But i can not restart the processes being oracle database. Is there way like mounting filesytem with specific options would avoid happening this issue. How... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant185
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Determine free space in a Disk device

Version: Solaris 10 (August 2011) on VM I am kind of new to Solaris.From VM workstation i allocated 35 GB to this Solaris VM's Disk The disk was named c1t0d0 Few basic slices for root(8gb), swap(517mb) and /export/home(494mb) were created by the solaris Installer during the... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: polavan
18 Replies

8. AIX

cannot understand my disk layout

my users has requested more space to a particular volume group, so i do a lsvg honda:/tmp/ab/ecc # lsvg rootvg OP24BCKVG OP24ORAvg OP24SYSVG OP24DATVG the user wants to know what disks are available to be added to any of the vgs listed above, (not including rootvg) so i do a lspv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help!! disk free space script

i want to write a shell script,when disk uses is 90% then automatically send a email to distribution list (group member)...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Check free disk space in server

Hi, I need about 500G space in one corporate solaris server. However, I am not sure which command to use to check this. There are few volume groups in the server, and I deleted unused, old volume groups to clear some space. However, now I am not sure how to check the free space itself. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
acctsuspend(5)							File Formats Manual						    acctsuspend(5)

NAME
acctsuspend, acctresume - suspend and resume accounting when available disk space reaches threshold VALUES
Failsafe Default. Default acctsuspend: acctresume: Allowed values acctresume: acctsuspend: Recommended values acctsuspend: acctresume: (But more than acctsuspend) DESCRIPTION
The and tunables control when accounting stops and resumes due to disk space constraints. When free disk space on the file system being used by accounting reaches the suspension threshold, which is the percentage relative to the percentage of disk space available only to the superuser, accounting is suspended until such time as the free disk space reaches the resumption threshold, which is the percentage rela- tive to the percentage of disk space available only to the superuser. Note: Since the and values are specified relative to the percentage of disk space available only to the superuser, negative values of these parameters can make sense. For example, if the superuser has reserved 10 percent of the disk space on the file system at file system creation time, and acctsuspend is -5 and acctresume is 0, the suspension threshold will be 5 percent of the total disk space and the resumption threshold will be 10 percent of the total disk space. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone using accounting. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at the next reboot. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? Increasing either variable should be considered when it is necessary to maintain a higher percentage of free space on the accounting filesystem. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value of This Tunable? The higher either value is, the less accounting data may be captured. The further the values are separated, the greater the amount of potentially lost accounting data. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? If additional disk space is needed for accounting data, and it cannot be obtained by moving files off of the filesystem, then the value of should be lowered. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value of This Tunable? Filesystem performance (writing accounting records) decreases as the filesystem fills up. In turn, this will decrease the overall perfor- mance of accounting processes. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? When changing either of these tunables, both should be considered. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. SEE ALSO
accton(1M). Tunable Kernel Parameters acctsuspend(5)