Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting syntax error: unexpected end of file Post 302351653 by methyl on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 07:47:22 AM
Old 09-09-2009
In addition to good points made by others.
"test" is the name of a unix command.
Avoid using it in script names and environment variables.

Code:
type test
test is a shell builtin.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, I need ur help is this matter, i have th ebelow script, and i keep getting this error: syntax error: unexpected end of file affectedRow=`cat dbOutput.log | grep "1 row affected"` echo "affectedRow : $affectedRow" if ; then echo "Look to the next OMCDB" ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a script that's failing ./zzmaster.sh: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file There are 4 scripts total involved. The first 'znocc0.sh' essentially curls a page then does some sed sequences... #!/bin/sh #GET SENTINAL INFO curl -b z0cookie.txt -L -k -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script syntax error: unexpected end of file

Need help. I cannot find the reason for this error: here is the script (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I am newbie to UNIX scripting. I am facing this error "syntax error: unexpected end of file" while executing the following script: ------ a=$1 if then sqlplus -s prospect_stg/prospect_stg@mdmpt <<END insert into bckup_marc_parameter_lookup select * from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I will appreciate help is this matter. i am getting this error (./getwind.scr: line 41: syntax error: unexpected end of file) in the following script : ############################## #QSUB -eo -q sb -lT 1200 -s /bin/csh #Run on an HP-UX machine or norway to access ncks # lat and lon are in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peeriich
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

line 15: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi all, I am very new to programming and even newer to this forum as well, so I apologize if this should have been in the Newbie category, but... I am currently trying to figure out Shell Scripting and am running into problems early. Not having taken any kind of programming class, I am not even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccorder22
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error unexpected end of file

I am new to unix, so thank u for ur patience I try to make it work (to duplicate two first columns in several files): #!/bin/bash for i in `seq 2 5` do awk `{ print $1,$1,$2,$2,$3,$4}` final_chr.${i} > input_${i} done and i get ./my_script3.sh: command substitution: line 5: syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, I am getting error while running the script. "syntax error: unexpected end of file" if i do cat i cant see the content of the script also it is showing as cat test.sh doner /home/master/* /home/Priya/$i| while read i j The original script is paste /home/names.txt /home/ip.txt |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error `end of file' unexpected

I checked the forum and internet, tried different workaorunds but it didnt fixed the error. Please advise on the code. #!/bin/sh CWD=/home/test/Bench cd $CWD (grep "`date +%d-%b"`" File.txt) > /home/test/Bench/dateout if then echo “data” > /home/test/ Bench /test else echo "File... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjev_saini123
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected End of File Syntax Error

Hi, I am brand new to this so I apologize ahead of time for any formatting problems. I know there is a previous (closed) thread on here about this problem but I wasn't able to fix the error following the posts there so I thought I could create a new one. Here is the error I am getting: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SierraG
3 Replies
PY.TEST(1)							      pytest								PY.TEST(1)

NAME
pytest - pytest usage CALLING PY.TEST THROUGH PYTHON -M PY.TEST New in version 2.0. If you use Python-2.5 or later you can invoke testing through the Python interpreter from the command line: python -m pytest [...] This is equivalent to invoking the command line script py.test [...] directly. GETTING HELP ON VERSION, OPTION NAMES, ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES py.test --version # shows where pytest was imported from py.test --funcargs # show available builtin function arguments py.test -h | --help # show help on command line and config file options STOPPING AFTER THE FIRST (OR N) FAILURES To stop the testing process after the first (N) failures: py.test -x # stop after first failure py.test --maxfail=2 # stop after two failures SPECIFYING TESTS
/ SELECTING TESTS Several test run options: py.test test_mod.py # run tests in module py.test somepath # run all tests below path py.test -k string # only run tests whose names contain a string Import 'pkg' and use its filesystem location to find and run tests: py.test --pyargs pkg # run all tests found below directory of pypkg MODIFYING PYTHON TRACEBACK PRINTING
Examples for modifying traceback printing: py.test --showlocals # show local variables in tracebacks py.test -l # show local variables (shortcut) py.test --tb=long # the default informative traceback formatting py.test --tb=native # the Python standard library formatting py.test --tb=short # a shorter traceback format py.test --tb=line # only one line per failure DROPPING TO PDB (PYTHON DEBUGGER) ON FAILURES Python comes with a builtin Python debugger called PDB. py.test allows one to drop into the PDB prompt via a command line option: py.test --pdb This will invoke the Python debugger on every failure. Often you might only want to do this for the first failing test to understand a certain failure situation: py.test -x --pdb # drop to PDB on first failure, then end test session py.test --pdb --maxfail=3 # drop to PDB for the first three failures SETTING A BREAKPOINT
/ AKA SET_TRACE() If you want to set a breakpoint and enter the pdb.set_trace() you can use a helper: import pytest def test_function(): ... pytest.set_trace() # invoke PDB debugger and tracing In previous versions you could only enter PDB tracing if you disabled capturing on the command line via py.test -s. PROFILING TEST EXECUTION DURATION
To get a list of the slowest 10 test durations: py.test --durations=10 CREATING JUNITXML FORMAT FILES
To create result files which can be read by Hudson or other Continuous integration servers, use this invocation: py.test --junitxml=path to create an XML file at path. CREATING RESULTLOG FORMAT FILES
To create plain-text machine-readable result files you can issue: py.test --resultlog=path and look at the content at the path location. Such files are used e.g. by the PyPy-test web page to show test results over several revi- sions. SENDING TEST REPORT TO POCOO PASTEBIN SERVICE
Creating a URL for each test failure: py.test --pastebin=failed This will submit test run information to a remote Paste service and provide a URL for each failure. You may select tests as usual or add for example -x if you only want to send one particular failure. Creating a URL for a whole test session log: py.test --pastebin=all Currently only pasting to the http://paste.pocoo.org service is implemented. CALLING PY.TEST FROM PYTHON CODE New in version 2.0. You can invoke py.test from Python code directly: pytest.main() this acts as if you would call "py.test" from the command line. It will not raise SystemExit but return the exitcode instead. You can pass in options and arguments: pytest.main(['x', 'mytestdir']) or pass in a string: pytest.main("-x mytestdir") You can specify additional plugins to pytest.main: # content of myinvoke.py import pytest class MyPlugin: def pytest_addoption(self, parser): raise pytest.UsageError("hi from our plugin") pytest.main(plugins=[MyPlugin()]) Running it will exit quickly: $ python myinvoke.py ERROR: hi from our plugin AUTHOR
holger krekel at merlinux eu COPYRIGHT
2011, holger krekel et alii 2.2 June 24, 2012 PY.TEST(1)