Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris meaning of states in sun clusters Post 302351622 by sbk1972 on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 06:13:23 AM
Old 09-09-2009
Im a bit rusty on sun cluster so bare with me :-)

Online but not monitored means the instance or resource group is up / functioning, but on the event of a failure detected by the probe, will not be acted upon by cluster i.e. ignored by cluster.

# scswitch -u -g resource-group - makes a group unmanaged
# scswitch -0 -g resource-group - makes a group managed.

scswitch -n -M -j resource-instance - resource instance unmanaged
scswitch -e -M -j resource-instance - resource instance managed

I loved Sun cluster, lovely powerful piece of software. Becareful of dependants of resources and ping-pong values.

SBK

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

laymens terms for netstat states

Ok, I've read the manpages on netstat and it gives a good description of the state values such as CLOSE_WAIT, ESTABLISHED, SYN_RECEIVED, etc.. Can someone give me real world situations where you would get these states. LIke for example if I got SYN_RECEIVED what possible situations would be the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix process states

I am trying to write my own Unix compliant (SUSv4) OS - Just a hobby OS, nothing serious. While going through the standard, I couldn't find any explicit information on process states. What I could find was (excluding the real-time considerations)- From this it can be inferred that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinkerbeast
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count no of netstat states

netstat | awk '/server/ {for(i=1;i<2;i++) {getline;print}' Output: ESTABLISHED ESTABLISHED ESTABLISHED ESTABLISHED ESTABLISHED TIME_WAIT TIME_WAIT From the above command I'm getting all the states. I want to count the states and write to a file, like "Count of ESTABLISHED... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
6 Replies

4. Hardware

Hyperthreaded virtual cores, different C-States?

turbostat reports C-states of all CPU cores, and includes entries for each hyper-threaded core as well. Often enough the two logical cores on a single physical core will list different C state percentages. Does that make any sense? Is this reporting the c-states of the few duplicated parts... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: agentrnge
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ps command showing different states for same process

I am using HP-UX,KSH $ jobs -l + 19377 Running nohup ksh cat_Duplicate_Records_Removal.ksh </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1 & $ ps -p 19377 -fl F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME COMD 401 S catmgr 19377 19491 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TomG
1 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_resource (query|command) [options] DESCRIPTION
crm_resource - Perform tasks related to cluster resources. Allows resources to be queried (definition and location), modified, and moved around the cluster. OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output -Q, --quiet Print only the value on stdout -r, --resource=value Resource ID Queries: -L, --list List all resources -l, --list-raw List the IDs of all instantiated resources (no groups/clones/...) -O, --list-operations List active resource operations. Optionally filtered by resource (-r) and/or node (-N) -o, --list-all-operations List all resource operations. Optionally filtered by resource (-r) and/or node (-N) -q, --query-xml Query the definition of a resource (template expanded) -w, --query-xml-raw Query the definition of a resource (raw xml) -W, --locate Display the current location(s) of a resource -A, --stack Display the prerequisites and dependents of a resource -a, --constraints Display the (co)location constraints that apply to a resource Commands: -p, --set-parameter=value Set the named parameter for a resource. See also -m, --meta -g, --get-parameter=value Display the named parameter for a resource. See also -m, --meta -d, --delete-parameter=value Delete the named parameter for a resource. See also -m, --meta -M, --move Move a resource from its current location, optionally specifying a destination (-N) and/or a period for which it should take effect (-u) If -N is not specified, the cluster will force the resource to move by creating a rule for the current location and a score of -INFINITY NOTE: This will prevent the resource from running on this node until the constraint is removed with -U -U, --un-move Remove all constraints created by a move command Advanced Commands: -D, --delete Delete a resource from the CIB -F, --fail Tell the cluster this resource has failed -R, --refresh (Advanced) Refresh the CIB from the LRM -C, --cleanup (Advanced) Delete a resource from the LRM -P, --reprobe (Advanced) Re-check for resources started outside of the CRM Additional Options: -N, --node=value Host uname -t, --resource-type=value Resource type (primitive, clone, group, ...) -v, --parameter-value=value Value to use with -p, -g or -d -u, --lifetime=value Lifespan of migration constraints -m, --meta Modify a resource's configuration option rather than one which is passed to the resource agent script. For use with -p, -g, -d -z, --utilization Modify a resource's utilization attribute. For use with -p, -g, -d -s, --set-name=value (Advanced) ID of the instance_attributes object to change -i, --nvpair=value (Advanced) ID of the nvpair object to change/delete -f, --force EXAMPLES
List the configured resources: # crm_resource --list Display the current location of 'myResource': # crm_resource --resource myResource --locate Move 'myResource' to another machine: # crm_resource --resource myResource --move Move 'myResource' to a specific machine: # crm_resource --resource myResource --move --node altNode Allow (but not force) 'myResource' to move back to its original location: # crm_resource --resource myResource --un-move Tell the cluster that 'myResource' failed: # crm_resource --resource myResource --fail Stop a 'myResource' (and anything that depends on it): # crm_resource --resource myResource --set-parameter target-role --meta --parameter-value Stopped Tell the cluster not to manage 'myResource': The cluster will not attempt to start or stop the resource under any circumstances. Useful when performing maintenance tasks on a resource. # crm_resource --resource myResource --set-parameter is-managed --meta --parameter-value false Erase the operation history of 'myResource' on 'aNode': The cluster will 'forget' the existing resource state (including any errors) and attempt to recover the resource. Useful when a resource had failed permanently and has been repaired by an administrator. # crm_resource --resource myResource --cleanup --node aNode AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.7 April 2012 PACEMAKER(8)