Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User restriction
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users User restriction Post 302351618 by jaydeep_sadaria on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 06:00:22 AM
Old 09-09-2009
User restriction

Dear All

I had one user called msc. In that i had two folder.xxx and yyy

ex: /home/msc/xxx
ex: /home/msc/yyy

Now i want that msc user only able to access xxx folder only. No other folder should be visible to it.

Kindly let me know. How it possile??

Regards
Jaydeep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restriction for more than one user

How do l restrict more than one users on a multiple programming environment using the c shell profile. That is if a user is log-on on one terminal the system should be able to prompt a message if the users attempt to log on on another terminal. I user openserver 5.0.4 with dummy terminals, and also... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
7 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Restriction to User

Dear all, I am trying to create a new user account that can have the minimum access to the HP-Ux box, as in it only need to perform system info query like bdf and only able to read access system log files but not able to delete any file from any other directory beside it's own user directory... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gelbvonn
5 Replies

3. Solaris

FTP Restriction

I have a senario and i wonder how to do it ? i used NcFTPd and i dont think its applicable using that application or i didnt know how to configure it. i want to have a user for FTP that user is only restricted to put and get from a certain directory and all sub-directories for that directory,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
0 Replies

4. AIX

user session restriction

I want to restrict user's loging according to number of session. example the user named "patrik" can be login concurrently from 12 stations thru telnet the 13th if some body tries to telnet 13th session it should not allow, until any of the 12 sessions are closed. is it possibel ...i think... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba1
2 Replies

5. AIX

user session restriction

hi, I am facing a problem from the remote system if i login to my AIX5.3 machine as root (thru telnet) the session does not expire for 2 hours even if the session is kept ideal But whenever i do the same thing from some other user then the session is lost within 10 minutes (if session is kept... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
2 Replies

6. AIX

Print queue restriction

Hi, I'm at AIX 5.3, I have a print queue named chqprinter, I want to allow access to print only 2 users to that print queue, jobs printed by all other users to above queue should be deleted. Any idea how to achieve that? ---------- Post updated at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a new user with restriction

Hello, I would to create a new user with some restriction: 1. The user will not be able to CD any directory (I mean he'll login to the defined home directory and that's all). 2. The user will not be able to delete anything in that home directory Thanks a lot in advance, Shahar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaharoz
1 Replies

8. Linux

SFTP user access restriction to his home dir

Hi Friends, I have installed a FTP Server on my Linux machine (Fedora 11). I want the ftp users to be restricted to their own home dir using sftp. But the said condition is met when the user logs in using ftp over port 21 and when the user logs in using sftp i.e. protocol 22, he/she has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pashy
4 Replies

9. AIX

User restriction on C/C++ compiler on AIX

Hello, I am curious that is there a way I can restrict a user or a set of users to execute the C/C++ compiler, basically what I want is to lock it down to a particular user and none of the other users should be able to compile any code. Thanks in advance. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: m6248m
14 Replies

10. Solaris

Sudo -s restriction

Is there a way to stop users envoking a root shell with sudo on Solaris 10. I want users to use sudo <cmd> but not sudo -s (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: u20sr
5 Replies
RMF(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)