Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Weird timing results in C
Top Forums Programming Weird timing results in C Post 302351487 by shamrock on Tuesday 8th of September 2009 05:32:26 PM
Old 09-08-2009
Can you post the code for function foo.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp timing out

having problems using scp in that during peak hours it appears to time out. anyone have similar experiences? any thoughts regarding a solution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jph
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timing out a SSH

I need to make it so an autmated process which involves ssh, times out if ssh prompts for a password. Most of the time it shouldnt prompt for a password. But if it does i need it to time it out or get a status and stop the ssh and log that the ssh failed and move onto the next server. Is there any... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
9 Replies

3. Programming

timing your functions

hi everyone. If you have a function created in your code and you want to find out how long it takes for it to run you can use a struct called gettimeofday(). so lets say we have a function like this int myfunction (int r) { /*some math calculations*/ return answer; } How do i set up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bebop1111116
3 Replies

4. Programming

Help with __builtin_prefetch function and it's timing

Hello there, I just needed to know how to get the timing right when using the gcc __builtin_prefetch() function, that is, how many instructions before the actual utilization of the data should I make the prefetch call. I will be measuring the L1 cache hit rate with valgrind's cachegrind,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tavo
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

byte swapping 32-bit float and weird od results

I'm attempting to read a file that is composed of complex 32-bit floating point values on Solaris 10 that came from a 64-bit Red Hat computer. When I first tried reading the file, it looked like there was a byte-swapping problem and after running the od command on the file Solaris and Red Hat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoDonkeys
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timing a script

i have a very big script i have that i'd like to add a timeout to. this script runs on a several remote host. i update this script with timeout clause and then copy it over to all the hosts on which it is currently on. basically, i want the timeout to make the script abort/exit if it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timing the shell script

I have two shell scripts, one written with xargs for parallel processing (p1) and the other written in old school way (p3) . when I execute them, i get the below values. $ time ./p1 real 0m25.36s user 0m0.32s sys 0m0.80s $ time ./p3 real 0m23.25s user 0m6.20s sys ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luhah
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Hardware and system timing are different

-> We have 2 servers server1 and server2 server. ->server1 is master application and server2 is slave application server. ->output of server1 hardware and slave timing: # hwclock --show Thu 05 Jun 2014 05:34:08 PM SGT -0.465666 seconds # date Thu Jun 5 17:34:16 SGT 2014 # cd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Weird 'find' results

Hello and thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer me I'm trying to learn the find command and thought I was understanding it... Apparently I was wrong. I was doing compound searches and I started getting weird results with the -size test. I was trying to do a search on a 1G file owned by... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bodisha
14 Replies
Tidy(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Tidy(3pm)

NAME
Exporter::Tidy - Another way of exporting symbols SYNOPSIS
package MyModule::HTTP; use Exporter::Tidy default => [ qw(get) ], other => [ qw(post head) ]; use MyModule::HTTP qw(:all); use MyModule::HTTP qw(:default post); use MyModule::HTTP qw(post); use MyModule::HTTP _prefix => 'http_', qw(get post); use MyModule::HTTP qw(get post), _prefix => 'http_', qw(head); use MyModule::HTTP _prefix => 'foo', qw(get post), _prefix => 'bar', qw(get head); package MyModule::Foo; use Exporter::Tidy default => [ qw($foo $bar quux) ], _map => { '$foo' => $my_foo, '$bar' => $my_bar, quux => sub { print "Hello, world! " } }; package MyModule::Constants; use Exporter::Tidy default => [ qw(:all) ], _map => { FOO => sub () { 1 }, BAR => sub () { 2 }, OK => sub () { 1 }, FAILURE => sub () { 0 } }; DESCRIPTION
This module serves as an easy, clean alternative to Exporter. Unlike Exporter, it is not subclassed, but it simply exports a custom import() into your namespace. With Exporter::Tidy, you don't need to use any package global in your module. Even the subs you export can be lexically scoped. use Exporter::Tidy LIST The list supplied to "use Exporter::Tidy" should be a key-value list. Each key serves as a tag, used to group exportable symbols. The values in this key-value list should be array references. There are a few special tags: all If you don't provide an "all" tag yourself, Tidy::Exporter will generate one for you. It will contain all exportable symbols. default The "default" tag will be used if the user supplies no list to the "use" statement. _map With _map you should not use an array reference, but a hash reference. Here, you can rewrite symbols to other names or even define one on the spot by using a reference. You can "foo => 'bar'" to export "bar" if "foo" is requested. Exportable symbols Every symbol specified in a tag's array, or used as a key in _map's hash is exportable. Symbol types You can export subs, scalars, arrays, hashes and typeglobs. Do not use an ampersand ("&") for subs. All other types must have the proper sigil. Importing from a module that uses Exporter::Tidy You can use either a symbol name (without the sigil if it is a sub, or with the appropriate sigil if it is not), or a tag name prefixed with a colon. It is possible to import a symbol twice, but a symbol is never exported twice under the same name, so you can use tags that overlap. If you supply any list to the "use" statement, ":default" is no longer used if not specified explicitly. To avoid name clashes, it is possible to have symbols prefixed. Supply "_prefix" followed by the prefix that you want. Multiple can be used. use Some::Module qw(foo bar), _prefix => 'some_', qw(quux); imports Some::Module::foo as foo, Some::Module::bar as bar, and Some::Module::quux as some_quux. See the SYNOPSIS for more examples. COMPARISON
Exporter::Tidy "versus" Exporter These numbers are valid for my Linux system with Perl 5.8.0. Your mileage may vary. Speed Exporting two symbols using no import list (@EXPORT and :default) is approximately 10% faster with Exporter. But if you use any tag explicitly, Exporter::Tidy is more than twice as fast (!) as Exporter. Memory usage perl -le'require X; print((split " ", `cat /proc/$$/stat`)[22])' No module 3022848 Exporter::Tidy 3067904 Exporter 3084288 Exporter::Heavy 3174400 Exporter loads Exporter::Heavy automatically when needed. It is needed to support exporter tags, amongst other things. Exporter::Tidy has all functionality built into one module. Both Exporter(::Heavy) and Exporter::Tidy delay loading Carp until it is needed. Usage Exporter is subclassed and gets its information from package global variables like @EXPORT, @EXPORT_OK and %EXPORT_TAGS. Exporter::Tidy exports an "import" method and gets its information from the "use" statement. LICENSE
Pick your favourite OSI approved license :) http://www.opensource.org/licenses/alphabetical ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Thanks to Aristotle Pagaltzis for suggesting the name Exporter::Tidy. AUTHOR
Juerd Waalboer <juerd@cpan.org> <http://juerd.nl/> perl v5.10.0 2007-09-14 Tidy(3pm)