Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GeoIP and Geo-Targeting
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Complex Event Processing RSS News GeoIP and Geo-Targeting Post 302351484 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 8th of September 2009 05:15:01 PM
Old 09-08-2009
GeoIP and Geo-Targeting

Tim Bass
09-08-2009 03:48 PM

Source...

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

[GEOIP] New Welcome Message in Navbar

In case you have not noticed, we added GEOIP_COUNTRY_NAME in your navbar welcome message. So, you should see "Welcome from Your_Country, Member_Name" in your top navbar, just for fun :D (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Geo Weather Challenge

Hi everybody, I'm new to these forums and this is my first post. A couple days ago I was trying to find a simple script that would return an individual's local weather conditions using I.P. based geolocation. After many failed search attempts, I began my quest to create this for myself. I have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
0 Replies
GEOIPLOOKUP(1)						      General Commands Manual						    GEOIPLOOKUP(1)

NAME
geoiplookup - look up country using IP Address or hostname SYNOPSIS
geoiplookup [-d directory] [-f filename] [-v] <ipaddress|hostname> DESCRIPTION
geoiplookup uses the GeoIP library and database to find the Country that an IP address or hostname originates from. For example geoiplookup 80.60.233.195 will find the Country that 80.60.233.195 originates from, in the following format: NL, Netherlands OPTIONS
-f Specify a custom path to a single GeoIP datafile. -d Specify a custom directory containing GeoIP datafile(s). By default geoiplookup looks in /usr/local/share/GeoIP -v Lists the date and build number for the GeoIP datafile(s). AUTHOR
Written by T.J. Mather REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <support@maxmind.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 MaxMind LLC This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
geoipupdate(1), nslookup(1). 4th Berkeley Distribution 2 Jan 2007 GEOIPLOOKUP(1)