Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace entire line
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace entire line Post 302351389 by thegeek on Tuesday 8th of September 2009 11:29:02 AM
Old 09-08-2009
It would look more decent when you do with perl !
Code:
perl -e 'while(<>) { s/\QLogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined\E/\QLogFormat "\"%h\" \"%l\" \"%u\" \"%t\" \"%r\" \"%>s\" \"%b\" \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined\E/;print }' httpd.conf

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Search and replace entire line

I have a perl function in my script that needs to replace an entire line in a file sub changestate { my $base = (); my @base = (); open(BASE, $file) || die("Could not open file!"); @base=<BASE>; close (BASE); foreach $base(@base) { if($base =~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Entire line if any part matches regexp

Hey guys, I have a file that I've slowly been awking, seding, and greping for data entry. I am down to pull the addresses out to insert them into an excel file. Each address is a few lines, but i want to put a semicolon delimiter in between each address so I can export the text file into excel and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cocoabean
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the entire line if second field has value P

Friends, I have .txt file with 3 millions of rows. File1.txt ABC1|A|ABCD1|XYZ1 ABC2|P|ABCD2|XYZ2 ABC3|A|ABCD3|XYZ3 ABC4|P|ABCD4|XYZ4 If second field has value P then print the entire line. Thanks in advance for your help, Prashant (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppat7046
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command to replace the entire line from the key point

Hi everyone I am new to Unix. I got stuck up by small issue. I have text file something like this abc 'xyz' '5' lmn 'pqr' '7' i want to replace the abc 'xyz' '5' to abc 'xyz' '6' but i have a key as 'xyz' based on this key i want to do that. I am not aware of how to use sed... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayaragavan
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep to find entire line ....

As per my understanding below mentioned line of code finding a word 'boy' in $ACULOG... num_errors=`grep -i -e fail -e illegal -e exception -e "<E" -e boy $ACULOG | wc -l` if I'm not corerct, please correct me. How I can find entire line like "This is a boy" with something similar as above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heyitsmeok
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Show the entire line using ps

Using the vanilla ps -ef I noticed that the CMD (or command) line gets cut off after 90 characters UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 6020 3822 0 Jun 19 ? 0:01 ./webservd-wdog -r /export/opt/sows/61sp4 -d /export/opt/sows/61sp4/https-logse Googling... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SixSigma1978
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace character in files of entire folder? sed? or what?

Hello, I do have several files in one folder each file contains measurement data. for each file I would like to replace the character "," by "." ? How can I do this and how can I do this for each file at once? E.G. data_1.dat, data_x.dat (original version) data_1out.dat, data_x_out.dat... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rollinator
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed to replace entire line

Hi, I need to replace an entire mailx line as follows using sed: sed -e 's/<line1>/<newline>/g' <filename> But I am getting comman garbled error since the new line has many special characters. I enclosed allspecial chars in \ but still no use. Can any one help me? Please use code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodhin4
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using the entire line with space in between

Hi Folks, I have a report data like the one seen below. FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 04/29) FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 05/04) FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 05/05) FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 05/07) FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 05/12) I need to use each of this lines separately in another for loop like the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract entire para instead of just line?

Hello, I have a file with multiple paragraphs/sections each starting with word "Handle" and if I grep for a pattern, I should get contents of entire section/para (not just line). Please advise, thanks! #script.sh file.txt "System Information" Handle 0x0001 DMI type 1, 27 bytes. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
9 Replies
REFERER2DLF.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation					 REFERER2DLF.IN(1)

NAME
referer2dlf - convert referer web server log file to www DLF SYNOPSIS
referer2dlf file DESCRIPTION
referer2dlf converts Referer web server log files to the www DLF. Referer log format was first implemented in the NSCA httpd server. Apache can be configured to log in that format. Note that if you want to log referer information, the combined log format is a better format. REFERER LOG FORMAT
The Referer log format logs the referer information in the following format : I<uri> -> I<document> where the fields have the following meaning: uri The referring URI. This is the content of the Referer request's header which usually reflects the page where the user was before that request. document The local document that was referenced by that URI. This is the requested file without any query string. EXAMPLES
To process a log as produced in the referer logformat: $ referer2dlf < referer.log referer2dlf will be rarely used on its own, but is more likely called by lr_log2report: $ lr_log2report referer < /var/log/httpd/referer.log SEE ALSO
common2dlf(1), combined(2), modgzip2dlf(1) AUTHORS
Joost van Baal <joostvb@logreport.org>, Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> and Egon Willighagen <egonw@logreport.org>, based on an idea by Edwin Groothuis VERSION
$Id: referer2dlf.in,v 1.10 2006/07/23 13:16:37 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000, 2001 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 REFERER2DLF.IN(1)