Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Contingency planning for System Failure Post 302351330 by choogendyk on Tuesday 8th of September 2009 08:12:38 AM
Old 09-08-2009
Since you have a spare server to use just in case . . . do a trial run. Recover to that server and bring it up to see if what you did works. You could recover to it, disconnect it from the network, and boot it up. That way you could test without interfering with the running server. I did this with a similar situation I have, and it helped me uncover some complications that I would have to deal with. Your combination is probably somewhat different than mine, so your complications may differ.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Planning to be certified , your advice?

Hi, I got 2 courses Intermediate and advanced Solaris 10 Administration before 1 month. I was studying the material of the 1st course I will finish it soon. I want to get the Exam. What is your advice? Which is the best Exam Quastion ( Testking or ,,,,,,,, Etc) .... Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adel8483
1 Replies

2. Solaris

tools for capacity planning

Hi All, What do you usually use for capacity planning tool on solaris 8 or later? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. AIX

Use of System Planning Tool (SPT)

How to use system Planning tool. I have installed it and trying to just design something but i dont know any thing ...is there any documentation or questions to practice the SPT ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba
1 Replies

4. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

5. AIX

Planning to prepare for AIX P5 system admin test 223

Hi - one of my frined suggested me to complete the certification for AIX test 223. However, i am not aware of Unix OS and neither has experience of sys admin. I would like to know whether i would be able to prepare for AIX certification and also is it a must to have unix/Sun knowledge to prepare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbalakrishna200
2 Replies

6. Debian

"Your system had a kernel failure"

Hello everybody, I've been using Debian stable (currently Lenny) for more than one year, this is my first Linux. Never experienced any problems like this: when I logged in this morning, I got a message that said my kernel had had a failure and prompted me to send a report to www.kerneloops.org.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikmakk
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Help needed! Raid 5 failure on a Debian System

Hello! I have a 4-disc Raid 5 server running Open Media Vault (Debian). The other day, it disappeared from OMV, which was reporting 3 drives failed. Panic Stations. However, using MDADM I can get info from 3 of the drives which suggests they are functioning ok (info below). The remaining 4th... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonlisty
1 Replies
aseqnet(1)						      General Commands Manual							aseqnet(1)

NAME
aseqnet - ALSA sequencer connectors over network SYNOPSIS
aseqnet [remotehost] DESCRIPTION
aseqnet is an ALSA sequencer client which sends and receives event packets over network. Suppose two hosts connected by network, hostA as a server and hostB as a client. The ALSA sequencer system must be running on both hosts. For creating the server port, run the following on hostA: hostA% aseqnet sequencer opened: 128:0 Then a user client 128 with port 0 was opened on hostA. (The client number may vary.) For creating the (network-)client port, run aseqnet with the hostname of the server: hostB% aseqnet hostA sequencer opened: 132:0 Now all events sent to hostA:128:0 are transferred to hostB:132:0, and vice versa. The ports created by aseqnet can be connected arbitrary to other sequencer ports via aconnect(1). For example, to connect hostB:132:0 to a MIDI output device 65:0: hostB% aconnect 132:0 65:0 Then events to hostA:128:0 will be delivered to hostB:65:0. The following command plays MIDI on hostB. hostA% pmidi -p 128:0 foo.mid The multiple clients may exist simultaneously. If hostC is connected as a client to hostA, events from from hostA are sent to all con- nected network clients, i.e. hostB and hostC. However, only one connection is allowed from a client to a server. To disconnect network, stop all clients before server by ctrl-C or sending signal to them. The server will automatically quit. OPTIONS
-p port Specify the TCP port number or TCP service name. -s addr Subscribe to the given address for read automatically. -d addr Subscribe to the given address for write automatically. -v Verbose mode. SEE ALSO
aconnect(1), pmidi(1) AUTHOR
Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>. January 1, 2000 aseqnet(1)