Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find files only inside the subdirectories only? Post 302351313 by malcomex999 on Tuesday 8th of September 2009 06:41:08 AM
Old 09-08-2009
Try...
Code:

find ./*/ -type f -mmin +2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all files created by a specified user in a directory and its subdirectories

Is there a command or shell script which can be used for Finding all files created by a specified userid in a directory and its subdirectories. Say, I want to find all such files in directory /abc as well as in all the subdirectories such as /abc/xyz or /abc/xyz/pqr aqnd so on which was created... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell:Find a word in files in a directory and subdirectories

I'm looking to write a ksh code with will be alble to find a word like 'toto' in all files going from my current directory. eg. /doc ----------->have: text.c which "toto" /doc/usr-------->have: build.pc, help.java which "toto" /doc/usr/cach -->have: test.sh which "toto" /doc/build... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeclota
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files ignoring subdirectories

Hi guys, I am searching some files not equal to the pattern with this command find ! -name "PATTERN" -type f but my problem is the find command because he also search inside subdirectories and that's the thing i don't want that. Is there any comand to ignore the directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osramos
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Files in a Directory Excluding Subdirectories

Hi, I have a filename Location.txt in a directory /abc. Similar name file is present in its subdirectory /abc/xyz. I want to find the file which is present only in /abc and not in /abc/xyz. Please any1 of u can provide a quick suggestion. Its very urgent. Thanks, Amol (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol_Dicholkar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

to parse a directory and its subdirectories and find owner name of files

hi all, i need to capture all the files in a directory and its subdirectories that have owner name different than the root owner. for one file it is " stat -c %U filename " but i need to search for each and every file and record it. thanks in advance (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyasa
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i find number of lines in files & subdirectories

how can i find number of lines in files & subdirectories ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find *.tar files under all subdirectories

Hi there, I'm new to shell scripting... I've a situation like to find *.tar files under all subdirectories in "/home/abcd" and i used the below, find /opt/lhapp ! -name "temp" | more the above works fine.. Now don't need search few direcotries like "/home/abcd/aaaa",... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: skcvasanth
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files only in current directory...not subdirectories

Hi, I have to find files only in the current directory...not in the sub directories. But when I use Find command ... it searches all the files in the current directory as well as in the subdirectories. I am using AIX-UNIX machine.Please help..I tried to use maxdepth..but it is not working in AIX. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search subdirectories and find and print total files

Hi All, I have a folder name lets say path/to/folder/CUSTOMER and under this i have several folders and each of these subfolder have serveral subfolders and so on and at some point i will have a folder name called "FTP_FILES" . I need to search for these folders named "FTP_FILES and then... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)