Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to know the mail sent status using sendmail Post 302351276 by trichyselva on Tuesday 8th of September 2009 01:50:06 AM
Old 09-08-2009
how to know the mail sent status using sendmail

Hi,
I am using sendmail command to send mail

This is the command i am using

cat <filename> | /usr/lib/sendmail -v <emailid>

I will put the contents in the file as body of the email

I want the subject also to be printed in the email

I want to know whether email has been successfully sent or not
to track in the log file

can anyone help me in this

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

blocking mail using sendmail

Hi, I am using sendmail 8.9.1 and trying to block email from certain domain/user. How could I do that? TQ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: liyas
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forwarding mail with sendmail

Hello, I need to forward mail wich are in some users mailbox. The .forward redirection is working for all new mails but not for old. Is someone know how to do this ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annececile
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

EXIT STATUS on mailx/sendmail

Hi there I am using mailx command to send mails. I want to send some important files to team members and wud like to know if the team member has recd my email or not. How can I achieve this ? Currently my piece of code is uuencode ${FILE_NAME} ${FILE_NAME} >> mail_msg.txt mailx -s"test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
5 Replies

4. Solaris

sendmail mail server help

Hello guys, Am trying to enable/start sendmail in Solaris 10. I tried using scvadm and also did it using the /etc/init.d/sendmail restart but no effect. Just returns to the prompt. No errors nothing. I checked if it is running using ps -eaf | grep sendmail, not running :( . I checked the logs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcmrulzz
9 Replies

5. Linux

Restrict mail from Sendmail

Hello All, i have configured sendmail and trying to set a limit on mail Ex: If i have send any mail to a email-if that doesn'e exists, i want that after trying for 3 days it should stops sending that mail to user and send a mail to the sender that " sending mail failed , any messaged... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail or sendmail ?

1. I need to send emails using a shell script on linux. I want to use the most widespread method (the preferred method). Is one considered deprecated in favor of the other? Which, mail or sendmail ? 2. Now, without trying to favor mail in the first question: How can I include a From: mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: limmer
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the status of mail sent.

Hi, Is there any way to check the status of the mail sent or not.e.g mail -s "Error Message" abc@xyz.com <aaa/bbb/data.txt Can it return a status code which will confirm the delivery of mail sent?Please suggest. Thanks, Anil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil029
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does the mail command use sendmail?

The question is, Does the mail comman actually send using sendmail or something else? So I am trying to test if sendmail is set up. I used... cat testemail.txt | mail -s "test mail" myemail@test.com I used my email though I didn't get an error, but didn't get the email either. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wondernate
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking the status of sendmail

Hi All, I like to check the status of sendmail and take the appropriate action based on success / failure etc. I have gone through one of the thread where a suggestion is made to use RC for return code Following is the code: ================================== #!/usr/bin/bash export... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmanda
0 Replies

10. Proxy Server

How to send mail (sendmail) for php mail()?

PHP mail() function doesn't work. Nor does sendmail: loaded system configuration file /etc/msmtprc ignoring user configuration file /home/xi/.msmtprc: No such file or directory falling back to default account using account default from /etc/msmtprc host = xsi port = 25 proxy host = (not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies
Log::Dispatch::Email(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Log::Dispatch::Email(3)

NAME
Log::Dispatch::Email - Base class for objects that send log messages via email SYNOPSIS
package Log::Dispatch::Email::MySender use Log::Dispatch::Email; use base qw( Log::Dispatch::Email ); sub send_email { my $self = shift; my %p = @_; # Send email somehow. Message is in $p{message} } DESCRIPTION
This module should be used as a base class to implement Log::Dispatch::* objects that send their log messages via email. Implementing a subclass simply requires the code shown in the SYNOPSIS with a real implementation of the "send_email()" method. CONSTRUCTOR
The constructor takes the following parameters in addition to the standard parameters documented in Log::Dispatch::Output: o subject ($) The subject of the email messages which are sent. Defaults to "$0: log email" o to ($ or @) Either a string or a list reference of strings containing email addresses. Required. o from ($) A string containing an email address. This is optional and may not work with all mail sending methods. o buffered (0 or 1) This determines whether the object sends one email per message it is given or whether it stores them up and sends them all at once. The default is to buffer messages. METHODS
o send_email(%p) This is the method that must be subclassed. For now the only parameter in the hash is 'message'. o flush If the object is buffered, then this method will call the "send_email()" method to send the contents of the buffer and then clear the buffer. o DESTROY On destruction, the object will call "flush()" to send any pending email. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky, <autarch@urth.org> perl v5.12.1 2009-09-22 Log::Dispatch::Email(3)