Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL: simple comparing arrays question Post 302351216 by hcclnoodles on Monday 7th of September 2009 04:43:34 PM
Old 09-07-2009
MySQL

thanks guys, that has been incredibly useful and informative

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Arrays?

Is there anyway that I can compare two Arrays to see if any new strings have been added in them? eg: Array 1: Joe Bob Jane Array 2: Joe Bob Jane Greg It would then output a new array with the changes: Array 3: Greg I'm not very good at shell scripting, and my google and forum searches... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blckleprd
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: simple question on string append

I want to append a decimal number to a string. But I want to restrict the number to only 2 decimal points for e.g: my $output = "\n The number is = "; my $number = 2.3333333; $output = $output . $number; But I want the $output as: "The number is = 2.33"; and not 2.3333333 (I do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_learner
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing two arrays or strings in bash

Hi there, im having issue with comparing two variables, in a bash script. im trying to do the following: - get a word from user 1 - split the word into array - get a character from user2 trying to compare the character entered by user 2 with every single character in the array... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2Linux
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing arrays in perl

Hi all, I am trying to compare two arrays in perl using the following code. foreach $item (@arrayA){ push(@arrayC, $item) unless grep(/$item/, @arrayB); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple perl question

I am totally new to perl. I am modifying someone else's script. I have the following output: # ./some-perlscript A B C D E B - E, is generated through the print command that I put in the script. I want to remove A, it seems it is generated automatically by a custom OS it is querying when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
3 Replies

6. Programming

question about int arrays and file pointer arrays

if i declare both but don't input any variables what values will the int array and file pointer array have on default, and if i want to reset any of the elements of both arrays to default, should i just set it to 0 or NULL or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing lists.. Arrays maybe?

Problem Part 1. Gather data from linux server and output to a file named data_DDMMYY Output file must contain the file name and size Part 2. Compare todays data_DDMMYY to yesterdays data_DDMMYY and output results to a file named difference_DDMMYY Output file must show the difference in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Question about Reading file by Perl

Hi , I just write a simple function to read the file line by line. But when I run it it says out of memory. I am not sure about the root cause, Can someone help me out of this? :D #! /usr/bin/perl use strict; sub checkAPs{ my $NDPDir = "/home/eweiqqu/NCB/NDP_files/"; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 arrays but ignoring certain patterns

I'm trying to compare 2 array and print the difference at a 3rd file. However how am i going to compare this 2 arrays by ignoring certain patterns: For example: 1st array contains: ctahci cptcsa0 ctsata:25:seed cptcsa1:50:seed ctsata_1:25:seed 2nd array contains: cptcsa0 ctsata... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hongping
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Perl question

Hello, I'm completely new to Perl and I'm just looking for a quick answer to some code I'm trying to come up with. I'm trying to access a website, part of the URL I want the user to be able to define via standard input. As you can see below I'm still trying to get the syntax. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxornot
2 Replies
ARRAY_DIFF_KEY(3)							 1							 ARRAY_DIFF_KEY(3)

array_diff_key - Computes the difference of arrays using keys for comparison

SYNOPSIS
array array_diff_key (array $array1, array $array2, [array $...]) DESCRIPTION
Compares the keys from $array1 against the keys from $array2 and returns the difference. This function is like array_diff(3) except the comparison is done on the keys instead of the values. PARAMETERS
o $array1 - The array to compare from o $array2 - An array to compare against o $... - More arrays to compare against RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing all the entries from $array1 whose keys are not present in any of the other arrays. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_diff_key(3) example The two keys from the key => value pairs are considered equal only if (string) $key1 === (string) $key2 . In other words a strict type check is executed so the string representation must be the same. <?php $array1 = array('blue' => 1, 'red' => 2, 'green' => 3, 'purple' => 4); $array2 = array('green' => 5, 'blue' => 6, 'yellow' => 7, 'cyan' => 8); var_dump(array_diff_key($array1, $array2)); ?> The above example will output: array(2) { ["red"]=> int(2) ["purple"]=> int(4) } NOTES
Note This function only checks one dimension of a n-dimensional array. Of course you can check deeper dimensions by using array_diff_key($array1[0], $array2[0]);. SEE ALSO
array_diff(3), array_udiff(3), array_diff_assoc(3), array_diff_uassoc(3), array_udiff_assoc(3), array_udiff_uassoc(3), array_diff_ukey(3), array_intersect(3), array_intersect_assoc(3), array_intersect_uassoc(3), array_intersect_key(3), array_intersect_ukey(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_DIFF_KEY(3)