Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Linux commands
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Need Linux commands Post 302351192 by uday123 on Monday 7th of September 2009 12:52:14 PM
Old 09-07-2009
Need Linux commands

Hi,

Can you please get me the linux commands to find the below details.

1. Amount of buffers/cache used for RAM and Swap ( I think free -m command will provide the details.but not understandable. Please provide some info on how to check the amount of buffers/cache value etc.)

2. Number of page ins and page outs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Uday

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

i need c programs for linux commands

hi i am doing a small project on linux shell so if anyone can provide me some programs which can ipmlement commands like copy,date,calendar ....thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lit_joel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root/admin commands in LINUX

Hi I am working on LINUX shell scripting. I have root privileges and I know some basic root/admin commands like user creation, modification and so on. Till last week i was able to create users but now i am not able to create users or groups. When I give the command i got an error as ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naina
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Commands

This is my first time using this forum. My question is simple. I need a book that has the commands code for Linux, if there is such a book, of course. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ropapi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

links to all networking commands in linux

can some one send me the links to all networking commands in linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
1 Replies

5. Linux

ct, cu, tip, on commands in Linux

Please help me to find out the equivalent commands for the following solaris commands in Linux 1. ct 2. cu 3. tip 4. on Your help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. ~Saravana (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
0 Replies

6. Android

Example Linux Commands on Android

In case you are interested, here is a partial list of linux-like commands on Android OS: /sbin adbd devmgr recovery dfta init dfta.sh fat.format redbend_ua /system/bin (partial list) sh date netstat mount umount (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

7. Linux

commands of linux operation system

Am actually am new to the linux operating system and knda wana knw more about it.Please could u help me with some commands so i can start with that first.Really need your help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GODBLESSME
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Linux Commands

Hi All I have found that few basic commands in unix have the same syntax in linux as well. I need those commands which differ on Linux platform, with some more advanced options.. For example... awk, sed, tr ... and some more commands with advanced options. I am trying to search on the linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help with simple Linux commands

Hey guys, I need help with simple unix commands. I'm a newbie to Unix and don't know these commands. Any help is appreciated. 1. Logon to Linux. 2. Create a directory "Unix" under your home directory. Command(s): …………………………………………. 3. Create four... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: loverangerguy
1 Replies
SYSINFO(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							SYSINFO(2)

NAME
sysinfo - return system information SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/sysinfo.h> int sysinfo(struct sysinfo *info); DESCRIPTION
sysinfo() returns certain statistics on memory and swap usage, as well as the load average. Until Linux 2.3.16, sysinfo() returned information in the following structure: struct sysinfo { long uptime; /* Seconds since boot */ unsigned long loads[3]; /* 1, 5, and 15 minute load averages */ unsigned long totalram; /* Total usable main memory size */ unsigned long freeram; /* Available memory size */ unsigned long sharedram; /* Amount of shared memory */ unsigned long bufferram; /* Memory used by buffers */ unsigned long totalswap; /* Total swap space size */ unsigned long freeswap; /* Swap space still available */ unsigned short procs; /* Number of current processes */ char _f[22]; /* Pads structure to 64 bytes */ }; In the above structure, the sizes of the memory and swap fields are given in bytes. Since Linux 2.3.23 (i386) and Linux 2.3.48 (all architectures) the structure is: struct sysinfo { long uptime; /* Seconds since boot */ unsigned long loads[3]; /* 1, 5, and 15 minute load averages */ unsigned long totalram; /* Total usable main memory size */ unsigned long freeram; /* Available memory size */ unsigned long sharedram; /* Amount of shared memory */ unsigned long bufferram; /* Memory used by buffers */ unsigned long totalswap; /* Total swap space size */ unsigned long freeswap; /* Swap space still available */ unsigned short procs; /* Number of current processes */ unsigned long totalhigh; /* Total high memory size */ unsigned long freehigh; /* Available high memory size */ unsigned int mem_unit; /* Memory unit size in bytes */ char _f[20-2*sizeof(long)-sizeof(int)]; /* Padding to 64 bytes */ }; In the above structure, sizes of the memory and swap fields are given as multiples of mem_unit bytes. RETURN VALUE
On success, sysinfo() returns zero. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set to indicate the cause of the error. ERRORS
EFAULT info is not a valid address. VERSIONS
sysinfo() first appeared in Linux 0.98.pl6. CONFORMING TO
This function is Linux-specific, and should not be used in programs intended to be portable. NOTES
All of the information provided by this system call is also available via /proc/meminfo and /proc/loadavg. SEE ALSO
proc(5) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 SYSINFO(2)