Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using find -d and copying to the found directories Post 302351161 by Dean Rotherham on Monday 7th of September 2009 10:50:11 AM
Old 09-07-2009
Ok, so now I'm really concerned .. this worked? It finds the "test" file WITHOUT the quotes? But why when I'm using the $DELETE file with a list of files to delete it didn't work ... could the fact that it's a list be making any difference? I wouldn't think so .... wow, confusing Smilie I'll see if my script works without quotes and see if it works with multiple files from the $DELETE list. Will post back soon.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying multiple directories at the same time using Unix

Another Unix question. How would I copy multiple directories at the same time? Right now I do: cp -r -f /directory1/ ../backup/directory1/ I do that for each directory one at a time. But there are multiple directories I'd like to copy. So instead of sitting there and doing one at a time, is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPigford
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying to multiple directories using wildcard

Can we copy a file to multiple directories using a single command line , i tried with * didnt work for me cp /tmp/a.kool /tmp/folder/*/keys/ I am tryn to copy a.kool file to all keys folder in /tmp folder. is something i am missing ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: logic0
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying a files from a filter list and creating their associated parent directories

Hello all, I'm trying to copy all files within a specified directory to another location based on a find filter of mtime -1 (Solaris OS). The issue that I'm having is that in the destination directory, I want to retain the source directory structure while copying over only the files that have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hunter55
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find 777 permisson is there or not for Directories and sub-directories

Hi All, I am Oracle Apps Tech guy, I have a requirement to find 777 permission is there or not for all Folders and Sub-folders Under APPL_TOP (Folder/directory) with below conditions i) the directory names should start with xx..... (like xxau,xxcfi,xxcca...etc) and exclude the directory... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying all directories while ignoring certain filetypes

I want to write a script that copys over a complete folder including the dirs to another location. However in the process I want to ignore several filetypse that SHOULD NOT get copied over. I know Global Ignore is capable of make the copy command ignore one file type, however I don't know how... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep command to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories.

Hi all, Using grep command, i want to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories. e.g: if i want to search for a pattern named "parmeter", i used the command grep -i "param" ../* is this correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinothrajan55
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying data from files to directories

I have the following that I'd like to do: 1. I have split a file into separate files that I placed into the /tmp directory. These files are named F1 F2 F3 F4. 2. In addition, I have several directories which are alphabetized as dira dirb dirc dird. 3. I'd like to be able to copy F1 F2 F3 F4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error check for copying growing directories

I have a simple script which copies directory from one place to another and deleting the source . I am facing a situation when new files gets added when the script has started running. Its resulting in data loss Please suggest a way to avoid data loss. I googled a lot but most are perl... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying Directories from one server to another

Hi, I have a requirement where I have to connect to another server and copy directories from one server to another Directories on the Source server look like below (YYYY-MM-DD- 1 to 23) drwxr-xr-x 2 test_user dmfmart 422 Sep 1 23:45 2014-09-01-18 drwxr-xr-x 2 test_user dmfmart ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkesi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files to directories based on first 6 character

guys, i did create a script but its too long, though it function the same. # cat nightlyscan.sh #!/usr/ksh deyt=`date +"%Y-%m-%d"` for i in `ls -lrt|grep $deyt|awk '{print $9}'` do cp -f $i /S1/Sophos/logger/ done # but i did not paste it all. this is the desired. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
9 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-DELETE(1p)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  ECACCESS-FILE-DELETE(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-delete - Remove an ECaccess File SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-delete -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-delete [-debug] [-force] ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Remove the ecaccess-file. The ecaccess-file is in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
ecaccess-file The name of the ECaccess File to delete. OPTIONS
-force Ignore nonexistent files and complete successfully. -version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-delete scratch:bin/a.out Remove the a.out File of the $SCRATCH/bin directory of the authenticated user. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-move, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-DELETE(1p)