Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to set PS1 in env
Operating Systems Solaris How to set PS1 in env Post 302351112 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 7th of September 2009 07:20:16 AM
Old 09-07-2009
have a look at the file:

Code:
/etc/profile

This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

login error(can not set process env.)

I have created user in AIX 4.3.3 which the member of staff group. but during login ( with su command) it gives the error "can not set process environment " but when it is member of another group -dba -which is the group for oracle database- it works properly. Pls let me know the solution. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

set env in login file

Hi, I have inserted the following line in my local.login file setenv ORACLE_HOME /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7 Then when I do an echo $ echo $ORACLE_HOME I get a blank line. Am I setting up ORACLE_HOME incorrectly? Thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattynatty
3 Replies

3. AIX

Do I need to reboot after installation of s/w and set the env variable

Hi, I have installed ODWEK software on AIX box and set the environment variables like: PATH,LIBPATH,LD_LIBRARY_PATH,CLASSPATH. My question here is do I need to reboot the system to take these changes or is there anyother workaround. I heard that there is 'export'. But I don't know how far it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srangu
1 Replies

4. AIX

Do I need to remote after installation of s/w and set the env variable

Hi, I have installed ODWEK software on AIX box and set the environment variables like: PATH,LIBPATH,LD_LIBRARY_PATH,CLASSPATH. My question here is do I need to reboot the system to take these changes or is there anyother workaround. I heard that there is 'export'. But I don't know how far it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srangu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set alias and ps1 in a script

I am sure this is a newbie question, but I have searched everywhere and cannot find an answer. My situation is that due security constraints, I cannot modify my .profile file. I have a set of fairly common things that would normally go in the .profile, like setting up alias assignments and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SpringRubber
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set env variables in a new xterm

Hi, I have a script that sets some env variables. I want to source the script in a new xterm and after the script execution is over, the xterm has to be alive with the env variables set according to the script. I tried xterm -e "source ./myscript;tcsh" & The variables are getting set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitubek
3 Replies

7. Solaris

export vs env vs set commands

Hi I'm trying to understand variable scopes in solaris10. It is said that to display env variables we use 3 commands : - env - set - export What is the difference between them ? thx for help. ---------- Post updated at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:50 AM ---------- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set/get shell env variable in python script

greetings, i have a sh script that calls a python script. the sh script sets an env variable BIN: export BIN=bin64i need to get that BIN variable's value and use it within this python script. anyone know how to do this? thanx in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Set Env

Hi, I need to add file the /usr/lib under the command set. The /usr/lib need to be set under the DIRS=' ' while listing the set command. I tried with the command below: export PATH=${PATH}:/usr/bin But this doesn't work out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set env variables for user

Hi , I have installed oracle in Solaris machine and unable to set the env variable. I tried to put the env variable in .dtprofile file but didn't help. So everytime I login in need to run the command and export the variable. Kindly suggest where I am doing wrong.Pls excuse as I am not too... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)