Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: apache2 mod_geoip upgrade
Top Forums Web Development apache2 mod_geoip upgrade Post 302350971 by Neo on Sunday 6th of September 2009 02:20:08 PM
Old 09-06-2009
apache2 mod_geoip upgrade

It seems the version of mod_geoip we are running is a outdated version that does not include some features. I can't find the recommended version with apt-get so I was going to rebuild from scratch. I was looking for apxs2 and could not find it:

Code:
root@www:/usr/lib/apache2/modules# apt-cache search apxs2
apache2-prefork-dev - development headers for apache2
apache2-threaded-dev - development headers for apache2

reborg, I assume I will need to install apache2-prefork-dev to get apxs2 to rebuild mod_geoip ?

Thanks.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

help for Upgrade

hi administrator i need help to find solution for this . i have sun fire v880 server with configuration metioned below sun fire v880 2*750 MHz UltraSPARC 111 with 4 GB Memory ( 256*16 ) 36*6 GB hard disks( Internal) with other configuration and now i need to upgrade this server.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhasanka
3 Replies

2. AIX

OS upgrade

Hello, fellows: I have an old H80 with AIX 4.3, I want to upgrade to AIX 5.3, is this possible? I have read in some documentation that is necesary do it version to version, I mean... 4.3->5.1 5.1->5.2 5.2->5.3, anybody have this experience? I will aprecciate yor help. Kind regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEIER
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to upgrade HP UX 11.22 to 11.23

Hello! I need to upgrade my HP-UX box to latest version, however I dont have any idea how to do it. Somebody can help me here? :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jembalang
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Upgrade from OL 6.3 to 6.5

Hello, For upgrading from OL 6.3 to 6.5 is this possible to upgrade without rebuild? What should be the generic steps in migration to OL 6.5. IS this like building up from scratch ? Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
4 Replies
A2ENMOD(8)                                                    System Manager's Manual                                                   A2ENMOD(8)

NAME
a2enmod, a2dismod - enable or disable an apache2 module SYNOPSIS
a2enmod [ [-q|--quiet] module] a2dismod [ [-q|--quiet] module] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the a2enmod and a2dismod commands. a2enmod is a script that enables the specified module within the apache2 configuration. It does this by creating symlinks within /etc/apache2/mods-enabled. Likewise, a2dismod disables a module by removing those symlinks. It is not an error to enable a module which is already enabled, or to disable one which is already disabled. Note that many modules have, in addition to a .load file, an associated .conf file. Enabling the module puts the configuration directives in the .conf file as directives into the main server context of apache2. OPTIONS
-q, --quiet Don't show informative messages. -m, --maintmode Enables the maintainer mode, that is the program invocation is effectuated automatically by a maintainer script. This switch should not be used by end users. -p, --purge When disabling a module, purge all traces of the module in the internal state data base. EXIT STATUS
a2enmod and a2dismod exit with status 0 if all modules are processed successfully, 1 if errors occur, 2 if an invalid option was used. EXAMPLES
a2enmod imagemap a2dismod mime_magic Enables the mod_imagemap module, and disables the mod_mime_magic module. FILES
/etc/apache2/mods-available Directory with files giving information on available modules. /etc/apache2/mods-enabled Directory with links to the files in mods-available for enabled modules. SEE ALSO
apache2ctl(8), a2enconf(8), a2disconf(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Daniel Stone <daniel@sfarc.net> for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution, as it is a Debian-specific script with the package. 12 October 2006 A2ENMOD(8)