Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX NMON 12a Size of proc in 4k pages? Post 302350908 by Malapha on Sunday 6th of September 2009 10:39:09 AM
Old 09-06-2009
Question NMON 12a Size of proc in 4k pages?

Hi

running NMON 12a under AIX. Lately I get some out of mem errors from a java machine running "-xmx 1024" which means it can hold up to 1GB mem.

Monitoring the process in NMON shows under TOP -> SIZE KB -> 250M

I've found nothing in the documentation so I'd like to ask here if anyone knows whether the size of a Proc that NMON reports is in 4k Pages.

Many regards

Mala

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Another NMON

Anyone ever experienced a core dump when running NMON. I am running AIX 5.3 on an 8 CPU LPAR (P570). This has only recently started to happen. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

2. AIX

nmon

Can any one help where i can find articals about nomn I need to know how to read this tools ┌─CPU-Utilisation-Small-View───────────────────────────────────────────────────┐ │ 0----------25-----------50----------75----------100│ │CPU User% Sys% Wait% Idle%| ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

3. AIX

Nmon

HI Im new on this world. Im working with nmon and I understand that this tool generates a files that later with excel I can see the graphcial of my server. The problem is that this process is execute manualy and I need to meake automatic. How can I do That. Sorry for my english!! :o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegtoro
3 Replies

4. AIX

Nmon tool

Hi All, I have a p550 server with 4 proc. But when i run nmon analyzer in cpu_sum it show 5 processors cpu0 cpu1 cpu2 cpu3 cpu4. Why it is showing 5 processors. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find the size of a database by counting all the used pages

Hi all, I am looking to find the size of the database by counting all the used pages. 1. I have a file which reads like below 16384 4750850 32768 165 The first column is the pagesize and the second column is the number of pages... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: family_guy
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

_/proc/stat vs /proc/uptime

Hi, I am trying to calculate the CPU Usage by getting the difference between the idle time reported by /proc/stat at 2 different intervals. Now the 4th entry in the first line of /proc/stat will give me the 'idle time'. But I also came across /proc/uptime that gives me 2 entries : 1st one as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coderd
0 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nmon Analysis

Dear All, I am an performance tester. Now i am working in project where we are using linux 2.6.32. Now I got an oppurtunity to learn the monitoring the server. As part of this task i need to do analysis of the Nmon report. I was completely blank in this. So please suggest me how to start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamsengu
0 Replies

8. AIX

Regarding nmon and large pages

Hi Members, To check the large pages configuration in AIX, this is what we use: "nmon" followed by "Enter Key" followed by "L" (without any double quotes) Is there any way that we can achieve the same in a single command. Regards, Aditya (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityar
5 Replies
MEM(4)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    MEM(4)

NAME
mem, kmem, port - system memory, kernel memory and system ports DESCRIPTION
mem is a character device file that is an image of the main memory of the computer. It may be used, for example, to examine (and even patch) the system. Byte addresses in mem are interpreted as physical memory addresses. References to nonexistent locations cause errors to be returned. Examining and patching is likely to lead to unexpected results when read-only or write-only bits are present. It is typically created by: mknod -m 660 /dev/mem c 1 1 chown root:kmem /dev/mem The file kmem is the same as mem, except that the kernel virtual memory rather than physical memory is accessed. It is typically created by: mknod -m 640 /dev/kmem c 1 2 chown root:kmem /dev/kmem port is similar to mem, but the I/O ports are accessed. It is typically created by: mknod -m 660 /dev/port c 1 4 chown root:mem /dev/port FILES
/dev/mem /dev/kmem /dev/port SEE ALSO
chown(1), mknod(1), ioperm(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 1992-11-21 MEM(4)