Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove a specific line in a LARGE file Post 302350898 by blubbiblubbkekz on Sunday 6th of September 2009 08:35:10 AM
Old 09-06-2009
awesome, thanks, this is what i wanted =)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Line that contains specific string

I am looking for a way to remove any line in a text file that contains the string "Mac address". I guess you would grep and sed, but I am not sure how to do this. Thanks for you help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBarraford
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with selecting specific lines in a large file

Hello, I need to select the 3 lines above as well as below a search string, including the search string. I have been trying various combinations using sed command without any success. Can anuone help please. Thanking (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tansha
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count specific character(s) very large file

I'm trying to count the number of 2 specific characters in a very large file. I'd like to avoid using gsub because its taking too long. I was thinking something like: awk '-F' { t += NF - 1 } END {print t}' infile > outfile which isn't working Any ideas would be great. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a specific line in a large file

Hey All Can any one please suggest the procedure to search a part of line in a very large file in which log entries are entered with very high speed. i have trued with grep and egrep grep 'text text text' <file-name> egrep 'text text text' <file-name> here 'text text text' is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove unwanted specific line range

Hello everyone...I have large txt file and I would like to remove unwanted specific line. My data is like this: So I would like to remove from line below No. until line reassambled like this: Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: taxi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove a subset of data from a large dataset based on values on one line

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a file containing a large table in the format: marker1 marker2 marker3 marker4 position1 position2 position3 position4 genotype1 genotype2 genotype3 genotype4 with marker being a name, position a numeric... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davegen
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line with specific character

HI Input :- Aog:0rt__dev_8 LAAXU24 vs.3 LAA40l0 ** LAAXU241 ** Output :- Aog:0rt__dev_8 LAAXU24 vs.3 Delete the line with ** (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove every line with specific string, and also the one above and below it

I would like to identify every line with a specific string, in this case: "Mamma". I would like to remove that line, and also the line above it and below it. So the below Where are all amazing Flats Look At The Great Big White Hey There Hot Mamma You Are So hot Baby I wish You were Mine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash : Checking Large file for specific lines

Morning .. I have a file with approximately 1000 lines. I want to check that the file contains, for example, 100 lines. Something like whats given below is ugly. And even if I create a function I have to call it 100 times. I may need to look through multiple files at times. Is there a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumguy
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove dupes in a large file

I have a large file 1.5 gb and want to sort the file. I used the following AWK script to do the job !x++ The script works but it is very slow and takes over an hour to do the job. I suspect this is because the file is not sorted. Any solution to speed up the AWk script or a Perl script would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)