Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error:"File system full"
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Error:"File system full" Post 302350814 by methyl on Saturday 5th of September 2009 02:37:36 PM
Old 09-05-2009
Can you post the output from:

Code:
df -k

I am concerned that you may be confusing the output of "ls -l" of the /export/home directory with matters related to disc space usage of /export/home directory.

If you have not done so already, it is time to consider how to restore the damaged areas from backup. It would be prudent to find out what has filled the /export/home directory and to repair that problem first.

As for moving everything back, this line is worrying depending on what was in the target tree to start with (and whether that tree existed):
Quote:
mv /export/home/oracle/app1/product/8.1.5/lib/libordaud.so /export/home/oracle/app/product/8.1.5/lib
It would help to see any non-comment lines in the file /etc/oratab so we know the names of the oracle instances and can relate them to the directory trees.

Unless you have Oracle database segments or Oracle temporary files in the Oracle appplication tree the most likely files to fill this tree are: Oracle listener logs, Oracle audit logs and Oracle trace logs.

Have you tried a blunt search of the filesystem looking for Oracle log files which grow in size or sheer number of files?

This command might reveal your issue with /export/home : (Adjust -mtime <days> if this is a recent install).

Code:
find /export/home/ -mount -mtime -60 -exec ls -lad '{}' \;

Last edited by methyl; 09-06-2009 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: On later review, grammar and layout.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Why ""No mountable file system"

I tried to install OpenMotif under Mac OS in the computing lab today, but I got "No mountable file system". Is it because I don't have the administrator's privilege? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: endeavour1985
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 6.1 Error - "A file, file system or message queue is no longer available."

Getting a strange error with a log file below. This is just a normal text log file that is written to by an application on the server. The applicaiton is down, however, I cannot read, remove or touch this file. The file shows on an ls listing but not an ls -al listing. The file system is JFS2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
0 Replies

3. Solaris

"file system is full up to 90% how can i set the file system to 60%"

hi every one "plz any one can give solution to my problem" my problem is my filesystem is full in os level i have to decrease it to 60% how can i? plz help me Thank you for your response (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivajerripothul
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

Need to identify the process/app which is triggering the error "vmunix: file: table is full"

Hi, I'm seeing the error vmunix: file: table is full in syslog.log. Although changing the value of the kernel parameter nfile would make this error go away, how would I identify which process/application in the server is triggering this error? The server is a HP-UX B.11.11. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enchogas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk "date" and "system" command

Hello experts! I need your help please I have a file.txt of which I want to extract 3rd and 4th columns with date with the form e.g.: 2016-11-25 03:14:50and pass them to "date" command, but also append the 9th column in a file as well. So I want to execute date -d '2016-11-25 03:14:50' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What does "force devmap reload" as in "multipath -r" means for my system and stability of my system?

Cannot present unpresented disks back again. On a test server tried this as a solution "multipath -r" and it worked. Too worried to try it in production before I know all the information. Any info would be appreciated! Also some links to the documentation on this specific issue could help a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsteppe
1 Replies
Session::Oracle(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Session::Oracle(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Oracle - An implementation of Apache::Session SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Oracle; #if you want Apache::Session to open new DB handles: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:sessions', UserName => $db_user, Password => $db_pass, Commit => 1 }; #or, if your handles are already opened: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh, Commit => 1 }; DESCRIPTION
This module is an implementation of Apache::Session. It uses the Oracle backing store and no locking. See the example, and the documentation for Apache::Session::Store::Oracle for more details. USAGE
The special Apache::Session argument for this module is Commit. You MUST provide the Commit argument, which instructs this module to either commit the transaction when it is finished, or to simply do nothing. This feature is provided so that this module will not have adverse interactions with your local transaction policy, nor your local database handle caching policy. The argument is mandatory in order to make you think about this problem. This module also respects the LongReadLen argument, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not specified, the default maximum is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This module was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org>. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session::File, Apache::Session::Flex, Apache::Session::DB_File, Apache::Session::Postgres, Apache::Session perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Oracle(3)