Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trying to connect MYSQL server from HP-UX Post 302350803 by durden_tyler on Saturday 5th of September 2009 12:17:44 PM
Old 09-05-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashik786
mysql -h hostname -u username -ppassword works fine on same linux machine but I am trying to connect
Mysql (on linux) from Oracle(HP-UX).
You probably are connecting not from Oracle, but from the shell of that HP-UX box. You will need the mysql client installed in that box.

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use Perl's DBI connect when no mysql passwd is set?

I am getting the error "Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at..." with the following code: <code>my %dbh; my $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:Customer_Data", $username, $password ) or die "Database connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vincaStar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to MySQL from Perl using DBI

Hi, I want to connect perl with the mysql to select and so on but the connection don't work code #!/usr/bin/perl BEGIN { # PERL MODULES WE WILL BE USING use DBI; $dbh = DBI->connect('DBI:mysql:C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\data\db1','','pass') or die $DBI::errstr;} #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eng_shimaa
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connect MySQL database from Unix

How to connect a MySQL database from unix using unix shell scripting ( people are using perl scrpt to connect the same database). I want to access a MySQL database through a shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
4 Replies

4. Debian

Connect MySQL databse to debian

Hello, I wont to connect a MySQL database to debian: I have installed libmyodbc package and after i have configured /etc/odbcinst.ini: Description = MySQL driver Driver = /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc.so Setup = /usr/lib/odbc/libodbcmyS.so and /etc/odbc.ini : Description =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux31
0 Replies

5. Linux

Generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

8. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Required - facing error when trying to connect to a mysql by ssh to another server

Hi i am new to unix shell scripting i have the below requirement connect to server B and then connect to mysql in the server B and query for a particular record and capture that value but when i perform this i am facing an error can u guys help me on this:confused::confused: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hamdul
2 Replies

10. Programming

Unable to connect mysql with php7 in Linux 7

I am getting below error on executing the code. < <?php $dbname = 'upload_ui'; $dbuser = 'nad'; $dbpass = 'nad'; $dbhost = '10.196.84.192'; $link = mysqli_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass) or die("Unable to Connect to '$dbhost'"); } ?> -->error: < PHP Warning: PHP Startup:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadeemrafikhan
2 Replies
MYSQL_SETPERMISSI(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_SETPERMISSI(1)

NAME
mysql_setpermission - interactively set permissions in grant tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_setpermission [options] DESCRIPTION
mysql_setpermission is a Perl script that was originally written and contributed by Luuk de Boer. It interactively sets permissions in the MySQL grant tables. mysql_setpermission is written in Perl and requires that the DBI and DBD::mysql Perl modules be installed (see Section 2.13, "Perl Installation Notes"). Invoke mysql_setpermission like this: shell> mysql_setpermission [options] options should be either --help to display the help message, or options that indicate how to connect to the MySQL server. The account used when you connect determines which permissions you have when attempting to modify existing permissions in the grant tables. mysql_setpermissions also reads options from the [client] and [perl] groups in the .my.cnf file in your home directory, if the file exists. mysql_setpermission supports the following options: o --help Display a help message and exit. o --host=host_name Connect to the MySQL server on the given host. o --password=password The password to use when connecting to the server. Note that the password value is not optional for this option, unlike for other MySQL programs. Specifying a password on the command line should be considered insecure. See Section 6.1.2.1, "End-User Guidelines for Password Security". You can use an option file to avoid giving the password on the command line. o --port=port_num The TCP/IP port number to use for the connection. o --socket=path For connections to localhost, the Unix socket file to use. o --user=user_name The MySQL user name to use when connecting to the server. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 MYSQL_SETPERMISSI(1)