Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Troubleshooting NIM Server
Operating Systems AIX Troubleshooting NIM Server Post 302350785 by filosophizer on Saturday 5th of September 2009 09:49:37 AM
Old 09-05-2009
I disabled the windows DHCP server but still the client can't pull the O/S from NIM Server.

Able to ping successfully.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server shutdown Troubleshooting

SCO Unixware 7.1.1 Hi friends, At 11:30pm last night mymain Unix Server hung or rebooted (Unaware which one), and was bot available for 10 minutes. Is there a log file somewhere which will tell me what happened ? I have looked ad /var/adm/syslog, but cannot make head nor tail of it. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshy
1 Replies

2. AIX

NIM server setup (AIX 5.3)

Hi, I'a a new member here. My company just bought p570 with 8 LPAR (previously we have p650 with 4 LPAR). Did anyone have procedure how to setup NIM server (NIM LPAR) and how to install other new LPAR to use the NIM server (as client). Appreciate your help and thank you very much. Rgds, David (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshg
0 Replies

3. AIX

NIM Server

Is anybody using a NIM server for DR recovery purposes? If so, how are you handling Volume Groups outside of root? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kd30185
0 Replies

4. AIX

migrate NIM server through NIM installation

I try to migrate a NIM server from one server to another. I try to do a mksysb on NIM server restore the NIM server's mksysb to a client through NIM installation shutdown NIM server start newly installed client as NIM server Does anyone do this before? who can give me some suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanzhang
1 Replies

5. AIX

NIM Server Issue

Hi, I'm getting the above error while trying to take a MKSYSB image via NIM. I've only just started getting this and don't know why it is failing. Any one got any suggestions? Thanks Kees (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KeesH
3 Replies

6. AIX

configuring NIM server

I have never used NIM. Please help with the steps for configuring NIM server and client. thanks Pchangba (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
3 Replies

7. AIX

NIM Master as Mgmt Server

Guys, I need your help I got a requirement from a cUstomer asking for a specific design He wants to use the NIM Master as one single mgmt server and access the nodes maintained by it there by the accounting is in one single server for all the nodes Note:- Direct login to the nodes will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
3 Replies

8. AIX

NIM server

Hi. I would like to try installation via NIM server. I have set up : lsnim master machines master boot resources boot nim_script resources nim_script NET_EN0 networks ent mksysb_AIX_6141 resources ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phobus
4 Replies

9. AIX

Migrating a NIM Server to AIX 6.1

Guys, We are planning to upgrade one of our NIM server to AIX 6.1 from 5.3... Since the server itself is a NIM Server we can't perform it via NIM & I'm choosing to do CD install.. The Install method would be Upgrade installation. Is there anything special that I need to consider before... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
5 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Apache Server troubleshooting

I'm having issues getting apache to respond to requests outside of my local LAN. If I goto my server URL (www .poillion. com) it says connecting... but never finishes and returns anything. I'm using Ubuntu Server 10.10. a) The DNS is working fine. It's pointed to my cable modem's IP and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lorewap3
1 Replies
Net::Jabber::Server(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Net::Jabber::Server(3pm)

NAME
Net::Jabber::Server - Jabber Server Library SYNOPSIS
Net::Jabber::Server is a module that provides a developer easy access to developing applications that need an embedded Jabber server. DESCRIPTION
Server.pm seeks to provide enough high level APIs and automation of the low level APIs that writing and spawning a Jabber Server in Perl is trivial. For those that wish to work with the low level you can do that too, but those functions are covered in the documentation for each module. Net::Jabber::Server provides functions to run a full Jabber server that accepts incoming connections and delivers packets to external Jabber servers. You can use all or none of the functions, there is no requirement. For more information on how the details for how Net::Jabber is written please see the help for Net::Jabber itself. For a full list of high level functions available please see Net::Jabber::Protocol. Basic Functions use Net::Jabber qw(Server); $Server = new Net::Jabber::Server(); $Server->Start(); $Server->Start(jabberxml=>"custom_jabber.xml", hostname=>"foobar.net"); %status = $Server->Process(); %status = $Server->Process(5); $Server->Stop(); METHODS
Basic Functions new(debuglevel=>0|1|2, - creates the Server object. debugfile debugfile=>string, should be set to the path for the debug debugtime=>0|1) log to be written. If set to "stdout" then the debug will go there. debuglevel controls the amount of debug. For more information about the valid setting for debuglevel, debugfile, and debugtime see Net::Jabber::Debug. Start(hostname=>string, - starts the server listening on the proper jaberxml=>string) ports. hostname is a quick way of telling the server the hostname to listen on. jabberxml defines the path to a different jabberd configuration file (default is "./jabber.xml"). Process(integer) - takes the timeout period as an argument. If no timeout is listed then the function blocks until a packet is received. Otherwise it waits that number of seconds and then exits so your program can continue doing useful things. NOTE: This is important for GUIs. You need to leave time to process GUI commands even if you are waiting for packets. The following are the possible return values for each hash entry, and what they mean: 1 - Status ok, data received. 0 - Status ok, no data received. undef - Status not ok, stop processing. IMPORTANT: You need to check the output of every Process. If you get an undef then the connection died and you should behave accordingly. Stop() - stops the server from running and shuts down all sub programs. AUTHOR
By Ryan Eatmon in January of 2001 for http://jabber.org. COPYRIGHT
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2004-08-17 Net::Jabber::Server(3pm)