Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: is wget working in ftp ?
Top Forums Web Development is wget working in ftp ? Post 302350704 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 4th of September 2009 03:32:53 PM
Old 09-04-2009
you can run an external command in a ftp session by entering a "!" in front of the command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget to do ftp between different server

Hi, I need to write a shell to do the following: 1) ftp to server B, from server A 2) From server B lanch an anonymous ftp to server C to get some file xxx 3) put the file xxx in the original Server A. Someone said me that wget suites to my problem but I've no idea how it works. Could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanex
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Wget FTP problem!

Hi, I've tried to download from ftp sites by wget but it failed and says "Service unavailable" but when I use sftp in binary mode and use "get" command it works perfectly. What's the problem? BTW: I tried both passive and active mode in wget. thnx for ur help (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
9 Replies

3. AIX

FTP is not working

Upto last month my script was working fine, Now I am getting following error, any one help me? Tcl_Init failed: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories: /usr/local/lib/tcl8.0 ./lib/tcl8.0 ./tcl8.0/library ./library This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

why the mv is not working in an FTP

Why when I mv $UpLoadFileName supfinaid.DSB does not work, it is getting the $UpLoadFileName and it is moving it to the right location, but not the move, Let me know if you want to see the all script, I just want to rename $UpLoadFileName, it is moving $UpLoadFileName to the right... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
6 Replies

5. Linux

FTP not working under Linux but working under any other OS ??? Very strange

Dear all, I am totally despaired and puzzled. Using Filezilla under Windows under the same network as our Linux servers is working. Using FTP command-line client under any of our Linux debian servers is not working ! I tried with different FTP servers -> same problem ! All commands are... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: magix_ch
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab Wget, downloading a file to a FTP

Hi there, I've got my own domain, ftp etc.. I'm using cPanel and I want to download a file periodically, every say 24 hours. I've used this command: wget -t inf http : / / www . somesite . com / webcam.jpg ftp : / / i @ MyDomain . net : Password @ ftp . MyDomain . net^no spaces... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: zYx
24 Replies

7. Red Hat

Working with FTP

Hi all, i am using fedora 11,and want to make my system as ftp server. I have installed vsftp package and vsftpd daemon is also running. Can i access my files from outer world i.e. internet using ftp? How can i do that? i started vsftpd daemon and tried to access server from other system like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwantkumar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wget JPG not working

Hi, I am new to Unix. Actually, I am using Terminal from MAC OSX Snow Leopard. I have installed XCode and wget 1.14 today. I just want to download all of the jpg files from a specific blog (from blogspot). But its not working. Here is the command I use: wget -r -nd -A jpg come-se All... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bruleke
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to download files matching pattern from FTP using CURL or WGET?

Hi, For an order I requested, the provider has uploaded a tar file in public FTP site which internally has tons of files (compressed) and I need to download files that follows particular pattern which would be few hundreds. Note: The order can't be requested for files that follows the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amalan
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies
PAM_EXEC(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						       PAM_EXEC(8)

NAME
pam_exec - PAM module which calls an external command SYNOPSIS
pam_exec.so [debug] [expose_authtok] [seteuid] [quiet] [log=file] command [...] DESCRIPTION
pam_exec is a PAM module that can be used to run an external command. The child's environment is set to the current PAM environment list, as returned by pam_getenvlist(3) In addition, the following PAM items are exported as environment variables: PAM_RHOST, PAM_RUSER, PAM_SERVICE, PAM_TTY, PAM_USER and PAM_TYPE, which contains one of the module types: account, auth, password, open_session and close_session. Commands called by pam_exec need to be aware of that the user can have controll over the environment. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. expose_authtok During authentication the calling command can read the password from stdin(3). log=file The output of the command is appended to file quiet Per default pam_exec.so will echo the exit status of the external command if it fails. Specifying this option will suppress the message. seteuid Per default pam_exec.so will execute the external command with the real user ID of the calling process. Specifying this option means the command is run with the effective user ID. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
All module types (auth, account, password and session) are provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS The external command was run successfully. PAM_SERVICE_ERR No argument or a wrong number of arguments were given. PAM_SYSTEM_ERR A system error occurred or the command to execute failed. PAM_IGNORE pam_setcred was called, which does not execute the command. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/passwd to rebuild the NIS database after each local password change: password optional pam_exec.so seteuid /usr/bin/make -C /var/yp This will execute the command make -C /var/yp with effective user ID. SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_exec was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@thkukuk.de>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_EXEC(8)